OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts
  • LocationSaline, MI, SSW of Ann Arbor

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:18 PM

EMERIL-BAMcrop.jpg

I don't know if you still visit, Abby, but I want to correct some falacies told by our illustrious leader.  (Shame on you Fender!)   ;)  :P 

This board was invented and opened in Feb. of 2000.  It's over 13 Yrs old!  We were already a board when the 'Offending Administrator of the Other RUSH board' started to *&%$ with us. Some of us are people who were exiled from his board, and some were exiled from his board but I was a member HERE FIRST.  Lots of us were.  So we're not ALL rejects!  Like life, it takes all kinds, and we've settled in to our 'Biker Bar'-dom with the graciousness that is 'our' brand. (OOPS!  mentioned 'Brand' without Roody's permission....LOL) cow-loopymoopy.gif(Roody, or Moopsy is the moniker we know the 'other administrator' by)

You'll meet all kinds of folks here, some nice, some not so nice.  But, again, we've been here a LONG TIME, and lots of folks call this their home as far as RUSHboards or messageboards-in-general go, so if you wear your heart on your shoulder, better get a set of shoulder pads!  (a helmet wouldn't be a bad choice either!)

Anyway, welcome to the board, Hopefully you'll stay if, like you say, you like to discuss all things RUSH, and just life-stuff too.....Like my sig says, this place is for folks who ENJOY MUSIC!  music-ENJOY.gif

EnjoyCCola.jpgmusicgif.gif

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

Chris Hardwick is NERDIST GOD. Portrait-%20Chris%20Hardwick%20sm.jpg

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

Here's the KITTY! kittyredX.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

:banana dance Original: "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLEH!" :banana dance Original:

"I'm DAMAGED...and I LIKE IT!"

"We are here to HELP each other, not to HARM each other.  Think about it..."

#142 Wandering Hermit

Wandering Hermit

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:38 PM

Also a good place for people that like to point out that the ENJOYED MUSIC of some people is really, really bad. Sometimes not even deserving to be called music at all.

Those who know what's best for us...

#143 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

Also a good place for people that like to point out that the ENJOYED MUSIC of some people is really, really bad. Sometimes not even deserving to be called music at all.

i.e. the music of Rush after Signals.

645df0a0-f61a-4f15-a847-b0bdbfe31afb_zps

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#144 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:40 PM

EMERIL-BAMcrop.jpg

I don't know if you still visit, Abby, but I want to correct some falacies told by our illustrious leader.  (Shame on you Fender!)   ;)  :P 

This board was invented and opened in Feb. of 2000.  It's over 13 Yrs old!  We were already a board when the 'Offending Administrator of the Other RUSH board' started to *&%$ with us. Some of us are people who were exiled from his board, and some were exiled from his board but I was a member HERE FIRST.  Lots of us were.  So we're not ALL rejects!  Like life, it takes all kinds, and we've settled in to our 'Biker Bar'-dom with the graciousness that is 'our' brand. (OOPS!  mentioned 'Brand' without Roody's permission....LOL) cow-loopymoopy.gif(Roody, or Moopsy is the moniker we know the 'other administrator' by)

You'll meet all kinds of folks here, some nice, some not so nice.  But, again, we've been here a LONG TIME, and lots of folks call this their home as far as RUSHboards or messageboards-in-general go, so if you wear your heart on your shoulder, better get a set of shoulder pads!  (a helmet wouldn't be a bad choice either!)

Anyway, welcome to the board, Hopefully you'll stay if, like you say, you like to discuss all things RUSH, and just life-stuff too.....Like my sig says, this place is for folks who ENJOY MUSIC!  music-ENJOY.gif

d00d, she's gone. She got what she wanted. She fucked n' chucked, bro.

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#145 Abby2112

Abby2112

• Peeps
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

d00d, she's gone. She got what she wanted. She fucked n' chucked, bro.

I'm not gone, just busy studying for my final exams and my computer got a virus so i couldnt do anything for a while  :P

#146 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:20 AM

Awww... good luck with finals just finished a rather demanding course myself and get to come up for air for a month or so

((hugs))

• Abby2112 likes this

#147 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationThe French part of Compton

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

So I take it you didn't win the contest? Too bad, I hope it wasn't that creepy-looking guy. No, not you, Nick. tongue2.gif

"The best response to those who wound me is to get away from themand wish them well." —Neil Peart

~"Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" —Nightwish~

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

(Ahem...I know Rush has songs in 4/4, but I did not make this meme. I just think it's funny. So please stop pointing this out to me! Thanks.)

Me and the Grace Under Pressure background...forever destined to be parted.

#148 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

I hope it wasn't that creepy-looking guy

That's the vast majority of Rush fans though and a major reason I get mad shit from all or most of my non-Rushian friends for being a fan. Then I drop the needle on some vinyl and let the boys work some majik...

#149 Abby2112

Abby2112

• Peeps
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:56 PM

So I take it you didn't win the contest? Too bad, I hope it wasn't that creepy-looking guy. No, not you, Nick. tongue2.gif

it was him! :( 

#150 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,479 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

But not me. I'm not creepy looking. By God I'm a handsome devil, and my wife even though she's past 50 is a hot chick.

Have I been drinking? But of course!

645df0a0-f61a-4f15-a847-b0bdbfe31afb_zps

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#151 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationThe French part of Compton

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:04 AM

Nick, I know it wasn't you; you didn't enter the contest, remember? Wow, you are really drunk tonight!

"The best response to those who wound me is to get away from themand wish them well." —Neil Peart

~"Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" —Nightwish~

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

(Ahem...I know Rush has songs in 4/4, but I did not make this meme. I just think it's funny. So please stop pointing this out to me! Thanks.)

Me and the Grace Under Pressure background...forever destined to be parted.

#152 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

That's the vast majority of Rush fans though and a major reason I get mad shit from all or most of my non-Rushian friends for being a fan. Then I drop the needle on some vinyl and let the boys work some majik...

That just makes my friends hate Rush even more!   :P   The usual comment is some variation of "The music is powerful but that singer ruins it."

#153 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

I feel like I'm 22, Mike.

#154 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,586 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:58 PM

All it proves is he has more Facebook friends and twitter followers than you do. And this was my point from day one. If you got to write a heartfelt essay and include pictures and artwork. If I got to do the same along with posting vids of me playing Rush with my various bands, etc, you or I could have won. This was a social media win for a radio conglomerate and a loss to real fans like you and I.

Welcome to the fray Abby!
  • RushDoggie, C... and Slut Puppy like this

#155 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

That just makes my friends hate Rush even more!   :P   The usual comment is some variation of "The music is powerful but that singer ruins it."

He's no Bruno Mars...

#156 Soddy

Soddy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:24 PM

All it proves is he has more Facebook friends and twitter followers than you do. And this was my point from day one. If you got to write a heartfelt essay and include pictures and artwork. If I got to do the same along with posting vids of me playing Rush with my various bands, etc, you or I could have won. This was a social media win for a radio conglomerate and a loss to real fans like you and I.

Welcome to the fray Abby!

Actually, it proves he was able to promote the radio station more. This whole thing was really about getting Q10-whatever's name out there.

• Slut Puppy likes this

Please buy my books so I can send my girl to a decent school.

http://www.kathrynlively.com

#157 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

Tru dat

#158 Thinkin'Big...

Thinkin'Big...

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationGood Old...Salzkotten! Or thereabouts, usually.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Holy Dog Butter®
I can barely use a pencil to write my f-ing name and have it be legible...
I hope you won!
:thumbsup:

#159 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

I wish I'd found this earlier. Abby we haven't met, but I've been to several shows with your dad back in the day. Maybe a few more now that I'm back on the east coast...

Hey...where's Perry?

#160 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:39 PM

Holy Dog Butter®
I can barely use a pencil to write my f-ing name and have it be legible...
I hope you won!
:thumbsup:

George Harrison?

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users