26 replies to this topic

#21 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,152 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 01:43 PM

^^^ Next you'll tell me Socrates came up with the idea for the communications satellite.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#22 baldiepete

baldiepete

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,665 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 09 February 2016 - 04:56 PM

^^^ Next you'll tell me Socrates came up with the idea for the communications satellite.

I thought everyone knew that.

#23 DarthLen

DarthLen

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts
  • Locationa galaxy, far, far away...

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:55 PM

Come on guys! It's so simple, maybe you need a refresher course. **HEYYY**  It's all ball bearings nowadays. 

#24 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,043 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

No, that's Archimedes and the laser (kinda).
(Also, look it up, I'm not making that up)

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#25 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 05:26 PM

This is the opening sequence for my favourite telly programme ever, UFO. It was made in 1969/70 but set in 1980, ten years in the future. Missile-armed space fighters taking off from the Moon, frequent shuttles to and from a base there, jet-powered cars. It all seemed reasonable at the time, but then 1980 was the future!

But I remember talking to a friend at school in 1975 and realising that we were already half-way to the time of this futuristic world. There was no sign yet of any of these things.

#26 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,152 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 05:25 AM

OMG, but a glorious '80s future actually did happen; just not quite in the way predicted in '60s!!!! Remember all the tremendous, computer generated cities of neon and fantastical vehicles of light!! Boy do I miss I my '80s light car. What happened to all this technology???

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#27 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,573 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 11 February 2016 - 03:17 PM

987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users