82 replies to this topic

#1 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:53 AM

Americans are traditionalists - at least they are in Iowa.

This fight is far from over, but I have a feeling Trump is done.

What does CP think?

#2 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:55 AM

If either of those people are POTUS, this country is done, or maybe more on the way to being done. 

• chemistry1973 likes this

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#3 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:08 AM

I honestly think Trump is just pulling a big con on the entire country.  He's not serious, has no policies or agenda (or at least one that's been developed to any degree).  I think he's just being a d-bag because he's a narcissist and an egomaniac.  He may not be out right now, but he never intended to go all the way.  He's just duping the suckers who are buying his bullshit...

And yes, I'd much prefer that neither of those who won find their way to the WH.  Both of them suck...and I have a special kind of disgust for Cruz.  What a detestable ass he is...

• Slim and chemistry1973 like this

#4 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,588 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 02 February 2016 - 02:11 PM

I honestly think Trump is just pulling a big con on the entire country.  He's not serious, has no policies or agenda (or at least one that's been developed to any degree).  I think he's just being a d-bag because he's a narcissist and an egomaniac.  He may not be out right now, but he never intended to go all the way.  He's just duping the suckers who are buying his bullshit...

And yes, I'd much prefer that neither of those who won find their way to the WH.  Both of them suck...and I have a special kind of disgust for Cruz.  What a detestable ass he is...

What Trump doesn't have is a campaign.  He's making appearances.  He doesn't have a ground game like the other traditional candidates have.  Plenty of people will say in a poll they will vote for you, but you have to get them to show up.  I'm sure if he's serious, he's going to have to do something about that.  If not, he'll win New Hampshire and not much else.

Cruz, despite his evangelical leanings votes straight libertarian on most issues.  I'd prefer Rand Paul 1000% but Cruz isn't the theocrat everyone makes him out to be in practice.

• chemistry1973, GhostWriter and Moving Target like this

#5 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:10 PM

Joe, he's constantly talking about Jesus!  For crying out loud, it was the very first thing he said in his speech last night...giving all the glory to the man in the clouds™. His dad was a freaking evangelical preacher...he's a theocrat of the highest order!  Of this crew, I'd go with Kasich, but he's got no chance.  Paul isn't horrible, but at least he's not trying to out-jesus all the other ones.  

The R offering is an embarrassment.  

#6 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:16 PM

Please Lord, make Cruz win. I need ^this^ kind of comedy in my life for the next four years

• fenderjazz likes this

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#7 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,860 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:38 PM

I hope the camps have at least a few amenities.

• chemistry1973 likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#8 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 03:48 PM

Joe, he's constantly talking about Jesus!  For crying out loud, it was the very first thing he said in his speech last night...giving all the glory to the man in the clouds™. His dad was a freaking evangelical preacher...he's a theocrat of the highest order!  Of this crew, I'd go with Kasich, but he's got no chance.  Paul isn't horrible, but at least he's not trying to out-jesus all the other ones.  

The R offering is an embarrassment.  

Well it's Iowa and that's who votes in Iowa.  He's not going to talk like that in NY.  Ted Cruz is more mainstream US in religious thought than you, it's going to be fun watching you freak out, that's for sure.

• Greg likes this

#9 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,588 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:29 PM

In arguably the whitest, most conservative, most red state, Iowa, last night the Republican party gave 60% of the vote to two Hispanics and a black man.

#10 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 02 February 2016 - 04:49 PM

... last night the Republican party gave 60% of the vote to two Hispanics and a black man.

Redneck racists.

#11 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:10 PM

Let's be fair, here. Clinton's "win" was by .3% of the popular vote. By state-delegate-equivalents, she scraped by, and FIVE of her SDE's were the result of dead ties in precincts that were decided by coin tosses.
Jesus Christ the caucus system is outdated and stupid.

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#12 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,086 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 05:12 PM

Let's be fair, here. Clinton's "win" was by .3% of the popular vote. By state-delegate-equivalents, she scraped by, and FIVE of her SDE's were the result of dead ties in precincts that were decided by coin tosses.
Jesus Christ the caucus system is outdated and stupid.

I definitely think that outcome favoured Sanders over the long run. I'll be shocked if she pulls it off now.

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#13 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:03 PM

If Rubio can get rid of the two lunatics in front of him, and Sanders could somehow have Hillary eliminated, this could be a decent election. I'd lean toward Rubio because of the abortion/Supreme Court implications, but Sanders wouldn't be the end of the world. Hillary, who hates Obama with a passion, is already setting up the backroom deal for him to pardon her in case she's indicted in the email crime. There's no way in a million years she'd consider him for the Supreme Court if it weren't payback.

Hey...where's Perry?

#14 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:04 PM

I think Rubio will be the front runner after NH.

I don't believe Sanders really has a chance, though he will win NH.

#15 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,720 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 February 2016 - 06:31 PM

If Rubio can get rid of the two lunatics in front of him, and Sanders could somehow have Hillary eliminated, this could be a decent election. I'd lean toward Rubio because of the abortion/Supreme Court implications, but Sanders wouldn't be the end of the world. Hillary, who hates Obama with a passion, is already setting up the backroom deal for him to pardon her in case she's indicted in the email crime. There's no way in a million years she'd consider him for the Supreme Court if it weren't payback.

I'm still pulling for Rand Paul and his one delegate.  He remains the best of your boys.
It might surprise you to note that there's a contingent of us on the Sanders side that are pulling for Rand to be in the contention for potential MoD in the event Sanders gets to put a cabinet together.

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#16 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,093 posts
  • LocationJust east of Lyra

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:51 PM

I'd be happy with a Sanders/Rubio ticket.  Sanders will probably keel over 6 months into his term - he's like 100 - and then Rubio would be President.

LYqbjSn.jpg

#17 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 02 February 2016 - 09:59 PM

I think FJ is right.  Without a real campaign, Trump is running out of breath.  He can't expand on anything because there is no plan or or current logical course of action.

Cruz is just really smart.  Fuck the politics, the dude has a powerful campaign staff, and they worked the shit out of Iowa.  They're going to get their hands dirty in New Hampshire too.

That said, I think Rubio holds much more appeal in general.  Post New Hampshire, I think Rubio will have more traction in the South.  And the ladies will like him a little more.

#18 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:13 PM

Sanders will probably keel over 6 months into his term - he's like 100

No. Only Reagan was too old for office. Get it right.
  • MrSkeptic likes this
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#19 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:16 PM

Please Lord, make Cruz win. I need ^this^ kind of comedy in my life for the next eight years

Fixed.
  • GhostWriter likes this
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#20 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 02 February 2016 - 10:46 PM

If Cruz or Clinton wins, I'm moving out of the country. Maybe Hawai'i.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users