#1 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:44 PM

NORRISTOWN, Pa. (AP) — Bill Cosby was charged Wednesday with sexually assaulting a woman at his home 12 years ago — the first criminal charges brought against the comedian out of the torrent of allegations that destroyed his good-guy image as America's Dad.

The case sets the stage for perhaps the biggest Hollywood celebrity trial of the mobile-all-the-time era and could send the 78-year-old Cosby to prison in the twilight of his life and barrier-breaking career.

In bringing the case, Montgomery County District Attorney Risa Vetri Ferman overruled her predecessor, who declined to charge Cosby in 2005 when Temple University employee Andrea Constand first told police that the comic drugged her and violated her by putting his hands down her pants at his mansion in suburban Philadelphia.

Cosby was charged with aggravated indecent assault and was to be arraigned in the afternoon.

The TV star acknowledged under oath a decade ago that he had sexual contact with Constand but said it was consensual.

The charges were announced just days before the 12-year statute of limitations for bringing charges was set to run out.

Prosecutors reopened the case over the summer as damaging testimony was unsealed in Constand's related civil lawsuit against Cosby and as dozens of other women came forward with similar accusations that made a mockery of his image as the wise and understanding Dr. Cliff Huxtable from TV's "The Cosby Show."

Many of those alleged assaults date back decades, and the statute of limitations for bringing charges has expired in nearly every case.

Constand, who is now 42 and works as a massage therapist in her native Canada, is ready to face Cosby in court, her attorney, Dolores Troiani, said this fall.

"She's a very strong lady," Troiani said. "She'll do whatever they request of her."

The charges add to the towering list of legal problems facing the actor, including defamation and sex-abuse lawsuits filed in Boston, Los Angeles and Pennsylvania.

Cosby in 1965 became the first black actor to land a leading role in a network drama, "I Spy," and he went on to earn three straight Emmys. Over the next three decades, the Philadelphia-born comic created TV's animated "Fat Albert" and the top-rated "Cosby Show," the 1980s sitcom celebrated as groundbreaking television for its depiction of a warm and loving family headed by two black professionals — one a lawyer, the other a doctor.

He was a fatherly figure off camera as well, serving as a public moralist and public scold, urging young people to pull up their saggy pants and start acting responsibly.

Constand, who worked for the women's basketball team at Temple, where Cosby was a trustee and proud alumnus, said she was assaulted after going to his home in January 2004 for some career advice.

Then-District Attorney Bruce Castor declined to charge Cosby, saying at the time that both the TV star and his accuser could be portrayed in "a less than flattering light." This year, Castor said the allegations in Constand's lawsuit were more serious than the account she gave police, and if that information had been known at the time, "we might have been able to make a case."

Castor tried to make a comeback as district attorney in the November election but lost to Ferman's top deputy.

After the criminal case went nowhere, Constand settled her lawsuit against Cosby in 2006 on confidential terms.

Her allegations and similar ones from other women in the years that followed did not receive wide attention but exploded into view in late 2014, first online, then in the wider media, after comedian Hannibal Buress mocked Cosby as a hypocrite and called him a rapist during a standup routine. That opened the floodgates on even more allegations.

Women mostly from the world of modeling, acting or other entertainment fields came forward and described being offered a drink by Cosby and waking up to find they had apparently been sexually assaulted. Cosby, through his representatives, accused some of the women of trying to extract money from him or get ahead in show business.

Earlier this year, The Associated Press persuaded a judge to unseal documents from the Constand lawsuit, and they showed the long-married Cosby acknowledging a string of affairs and sexual encounters.

Cosby testified that he obtained quaaludes in the 1970s to give to women he wanted to have sex with. He denied giving women drugs without their knowledge and said he had used the now-banned sedative "the same as a person would say, 'Have a drink.'"

In the deposition, Cosby said he put his hands down Constand's pants that night and fondled her, taking her silence as a green light. Constand maintains she was semi-conscious after he gave her pills he said would relax her.

"I don't hear her say anything. And I don't feel her say anything. And so I continue and I go into the area that is somewhere between permission and rejection. I am not stopped," Cosby testified.

He said Constand was not upset when she left that night. She went to police a year later.

Her lawyer has said Constand is gay and was dating a woman around the time she met Cosby in the early 2000s.

The AP generally does not identify people who say they have been sexually assaulted unless they agree to have their names published, as Constand has done.

Laurie Levenson, a criminal law professor at Loyola Law School in Los Angeles, said Cosby no longer enjoys the celebrity appeal that might sway a jury.

"His reputation has already been tarnished, so I doubt that jurors would be inclined to believe him just because of his prior image," she said in September. She said the judge in the case will have to decide whether to allow other accusers to testify or whether that would be too prejudicial.

https://www.yahoo.co...ar=cache&ref=gs

Happy New Year, Bill.....

Enjoy prison

#2 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:11 PM

Who knew? He was just another typical raping darkie, eh?

Hey...where's Perry?

#3 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:13 PM

Who knew?

The women he raped.

I deleted the racist part of your reply.

Nice try.  Are you trying to be the new JARG ??

#4 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,509 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:59 PM

What colour is he again, remind me?

#5 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:56 PM

Is it cos he is black?

645df0a0-f61a-4f15-a847-b0bdbfe31afb_zps

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#6 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,605 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:07 PM

He's black but mostly played white characters.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#7 Bones

Bones

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 12:35 AM

Could face up to ten years in prison.

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

#8 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,893 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:06 AM

Wasn't Hemi the one who kept pointing to Cosby as an example for the rest of the black folks? How we should be listening to him because he knows where it's at?

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#9 pjbear05

pjbear05

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts
  • LocationOn the Train to Bangkok

Posted 31 December 2015 - 01:10 AM

That's a dedicated prosecutor, doing the hump work to make a chargeable case. It make take a while but yeah, enjoy prison, Cos.

"Can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

#10 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:10 AM

Wasn't Hemi the one who kept pointing to Cosby as an example for the rest of the black folks? How we should be listening to him because he knows where it's at?

Weren't you the one who kept asking why everyone even bothered replying to my posts and threads while telling everyone how you have me on ignore?

Fuck off asshole, and go back to the shithole you crawled out from under.

#11 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:11 AM

In prison it's rainbow....

#12 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 04:11 AM

Is it cos he is black?

No, just stupid.

#13 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:37 AM

go back to the shithole you crawled out from under.

A non sequitur, surely?

#14 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 08:49 AM

Pretty reprehensible behavior, but he maintains it was pretty much consensual...I don't know how consensual it is when yer wasted, but by taking the proffered drug or drink in an intimate, private setting, it does call into question the ladies judgement as to just what was gonna transpire...
< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

#15 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:32 AM

He's a house negro for the American Right, though I'm sure they are secretly thrilled to bits now.

#16 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:49 AM

I never thought he was that funny, I didn't watch "Fat Albert" and what I think is funnier is when other people impersonate him in the Jello commercials.

Now, I just view Cosby as another piece of shit rapist.

#17 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:29 PM

Now, I just view Cosby as another piece of shit rapist.

So much for innocent until proven guilty.....  how quick you are to judge.

#18 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 10:58 PM

So much for innocent until proven guilty.....  how quick you are to judge.

I also think OJ was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt although he was found innocent.

Ooooh, and there's Rebel...trolling me around.......(fart sound followed be camera shutter sound)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

3 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

#19 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,465 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:32 AM

Guilty or not, what he said about blacks and what they are doing or not doing was spot on. Then again, he's just an out of touch, Uncle Tom. If you aren't from the 'hood, you just don't know.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#20 Soddy

Soddy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 981 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 02:54 AM

IIRC, people were murmuring about Cosby's indiscretions not long after his son was killed, and that was in the late 90s. Women talked, but it took Hannibal Buress ranting last year for people to take the accusations seriously. People look at the man and want to see Dr. Huxtable. Dr. Huxtable is fiction.

Now his wife is being deposed. That will be interesting.

Please buy my books so I can send my girl to a decent school.

http://www.kathrynlively.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users