118 replies to this topic

#41 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:55 PM

Don't try to think about that one too much, I'm sure it was a waste of time trying to help you to understand.

• Moving Target likes this

#42 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 12:56 PM

It's not a bunch of Catholic schoolchildren doing this.

The religion is the reason behind it. Enough for me.

It isn't.

#43 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

I bridled a little I must say hearing Hollande using the rhetoric of "war", in his address to the French people this morning. It was, after all, an echo of the same idiotic stance taken by Bush, Rumsfeld and fellow travellers 14 years ago that led to the events in Paris last night, not to mention many similar atrocities elsewhere. But perhaps it makes more sense this time - IS does have something of the trappings of a nation state, with defined territory and a relatively powerful military.

All the same, I doubt there'll be a military solution in the end.

#44 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:52 PM

Nice try.....

Islamic State claims responsibility for attack in Paris

Nobody who can read and write can be as stupid as this.  Hemi must be trolling us.

#45 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 02:54 PM

I bridled a little I must say hearing Hollande using the rhetoric of "war", in his address to the French people this morning. It was, after all, an echo of the same idiotic stance taken by Bush, Rumsfeld and fellow travellers 14 years ago that led to the events in Paris last night, not to mention many similar atrocities elsewhere. But perhaps it makes more sense this time - IS does have something of the trappings of a nation state, with defined territory and a relatively powerful military.

All the same, I doubt there'll be a military solution in the end.

No. NATO, non-NATO EU states and the Arab League are already taking action against ISIL. How do we root the Wahabist ideology out from the minds of the young?  You can't do that with drone strikes.

• chemistry1973 likes this

#46 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:17 PM

ISIS has been getting a lot of press recently but this has the hallmarks of Al Qaeda. Very organized and attacks carried out nearly simultaneously. I'll be glad when those fundamentalist Islamic animals evolve some and realize the uselessness of what they're doing but I don't think it will be in my lifetime.  

By the way, this happened within a day of IS attacks on Baghdad, and a Hezbollah attack in Beirut.
We're hearing about the French dead, but a bunch of Muslim civilians in those locations also died.

#47 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:31 PM

By the way, this happened within a day of IS attacks on Baghdad, and a Hezbollah attack in Beirut.
We're hearing about the French dead, but a bunch of Muslim civilians in those locations also died.

Heard about that, but the spin I heard on the radio was that it was ISIS, not Hezbollah. Further the report said Hamas is sending forces to fight ISIS, in response.

Never thought I'd find myself rooting for Hamas. Ugh.

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#48 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:33 PM

If it is ISIS, they've shown they only care about one thing, and that's complete and utter takeover of whatever area they are targeting and if that means fellow Muslims, women, or children die, then that's what Allah would want. Allahu Akbar! 

• DustoftheStars likes this

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#49 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:53 PM

What does the "A" in ANP stand for?

Another Nonsense Post....... from Slim.

#50 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 14 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

I doubt there'll be a military solution in the end.

It will be a nice big bright ball of fire.....

#51 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:00 PM

If it is ISIS, they've shown they only care about one thing, and that's complete and utter takeover of whatever area they are targeting and if that means fellow Muslims, women, or children die, then that's what Allah would want. Allahu Akbar! 

They're playing smart, though.

They're using al-Quaida's playbook, but amped up to 11.

They want to scare us, make us think any given Muslim could be our end. Ratchet up the fear.

They're trying to rile people like Hemi, and Ben Carson, and similar bigots, up, make them say and do stupid things that alienates the Muslims we have in our midst already. To drive those Muslims to a place that accepts them, welcomes them.

After the Charlie Hebdo business, they talked about the symbolism of their flag in a post online, and essentially commented that there should be no "gray zone" between the absolutes as they see them. They are trying to get Muslims and non-Muslims in the West to think in a binary, good and evil. And they want, very badly, for westerners to equate "evil" with "Muslim." And they want Western Muslims to equate "non-Muslim" with evil. And the two groups will perform actions, day by day, that will reinforce those definitions.
I only hope they don't succeed.

• DustoftheStars, chemistry1973, RushDoggie and 3 others like this

#52 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:13 PM

It seems they aren't capable of anything but "binary thinking" either. To use a Bush phrase, "You're either with us or against us" and in this case, if you're not with them, they are going to use terrorism to try and blow up and/or shoot as many infidels as possible. Even if it means children.  

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#53 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:35 PM

Here's a word I don't use a lot. Cunts. Whoever the fuck drives stuff like this - fucking cunts.

• nickslikk2112 and Moving Target like this

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#54 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts
  • LocationSaline, MI, SSW of Ann Arbor

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:44 PM

Anyone still think these monsters deserve to live?  If you think so, please give detailed reasons... :o

EnjoyCCola.jpgmusicgif.gif

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

Chris Hardwick is NERDIST GOD. Portrait-%20Chris%20Hardwick%20sm.jpg

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

Here's the KITTY! kittyredX.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

:banana dance Original: "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLEH!" :banana dance Original:

"I'm DAMAGED...and I LIKE IT!"

"We are here to HELP each other, not to HARM each other.  Think about it..."

#55 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 05:59 PM

Anyone still think these monsters deserve to live?  If you think so, please give detailed reasons... :o

Was anyone advocating that they should?

#56 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts
  • LocationSaline, MI, SSW of Ann Arbor

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:20 PM

History has shown, (even on this board) there are still people who do not believe in 'capital punishment'....in ANY case......

EnjoyCCola.jpgmusicgif.gif

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

Chris Hardwick is NERDIST GOD. Portrait-%20Chris%20Hardwick%20sm.jpg

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

Here's the KITTY! kittyredX.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

:banana dance Original: "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLEH!" :banana dance Original:

"I'm DAMAGED...and I LIKE IT!"

"We are here to HELP each other, not to HARM each other.  Think about it..."

#57 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:39 PM

They are not living.  They want martyrdom.  They are either suicide bombers, or dying in gun battles against les gendarmes. 

• Casey and RushDoggie like this

#58 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:42 PM

I respectfully disagree.  It's politics, and there are political goals that these groups are trying to achieve. 

Can you elaborate?

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#59 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 06:43 PM

History has shown, (even on this board) there are still people who do not believe in 'capital punishment'....in ANY case......

I've known a lot of people who are anti-capital punishment through the years, but I can't remember anyone who has argued for reconciliation or rehabilitation for radical extremists and mass-murderers.

• grep and MrSkeptic like this

#60 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:42 PM

More importantly, these people have essentially declared war on the rest of the world.
Having been declared war on, I feel like every citizen of the world should be willing to defend themselves with deadly force.

Of course, the problem comes with the civilian populations IS is dominating, who are only in the territory because they were unable to flee quickly enough and who fear for their lives.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users