4 replies to this topic

#1 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:48 PM

My parents just left after an extended stay. Drinking and home cooked meals every night. I figure I could stand to lose 15 pounds. I excercise, but that did little to stave off the pasta, beer and wine.

My plan is to not feel like absolute dogshit once thanksgiving is over. So my question is, how would any of you approach getting back in shape in relatively quick manner?

#2 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,284 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:01 PM

My parents just left after an extended stay. Drinking and home cooked meals every night. I figure I could stand to lose 15 pounds. I excercise, but that did little to stave off the pasta, beer and wine.

My plan is to not feel like absolute dogshit once thanksgiving is over. So my question is, how would any of you approach getting back in shape in relatively quick manner?

I read about Penn Jillette doing a 1000 calorie a day diet along with the 7 Minute Workout where he lost a lot of weight, and I tried that but went with 1250 calories a day and I lost weight pretty quickly. I didn't even do the exercises daily either. I didn't change what I ate because I was already eating pretty healthy, I just changed portion sizes and cut way back on desserts. It's a little work at the beginning weighing stuff to get the right portions and calories, but after a while you get the hang of how many slices of lunch meat are enough for the calories you want. 

I was pleasantly surprised that I could still eat a ham sandwich with Cheetos and a little Pepsi for lunch and have that fit into the daily calorie limit. Using calories instead of certain foods, you can tailor it to what you like to eat. If you prefer something calorie heavy, you'll just have to make up for it somewhere else with less calories. 

• OldRUSHfan and chemistry1973 like this

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#3 Inspector 12

Inspector 12

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationInland West

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

I lost a bunch of weight on a modified high protein diet.  Modified in that the carbs you eat are eaten at breakfast.  So oatmeal, toast, whatever, you can have at breakfast.  Lunch is your big meal of the day.  A protein w/ a salad...any sort of protein.  Your evening meal is more of a snack.  Piece of cheese, vegetable or fruit.  The idea being that you stop eating the bulk of your calories.relatively early in the day.   It takes a couple days to get used to not eating much in the evening.  But if you can do it you'll find the weight will come off, especially if you continue exercising.  And after a while you'll find that eating a large dinner is kind of strange.  And that after you get over the early evening hump it's not as difficult to go w/out.  Look up intermittent fasting...this is sort of a modified version of it.  A lot of people who try intermittent fasting  just skip breakfast.  But I find that more draining since I run in the morning.  Skipping dinner for me is easier and works better at taking the weight off (for me).  :)

• OldRUSHfan and chemistry1973 like this

Could be meat, could be cake.

#4 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 12 October 2015 - 01:59 PM

Reduce your carb intake, increase protein intake, and ride a bike a lot.  Fifteen pounds came off me in three months.

• OldRUSHfan, Three Eyes and chemistry1973 like this

#5 Valium

Valium

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,168 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:45 AM

Eat what you want, but cycle on average 80 km per day. I lost one kg per week.

• chemistry1973 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users