#101 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:53 AM

My 2 cents on the brushback brouhaha. I agree with others that Syndergaard needs to STFU. All that macho bullshit in the post-game is pointless except to stir shit up. Dumb rookie mistake. But the Royals need to stop their whining too. They've dished out their share of these kinds of pitches. The incident in Toronto in August comes to mind with Volquez and Madson firing 95+ mph heaters at Donaldson's head. All the complaining now comes off hypocritical.

Anyway, another great game tonight. One thing that's stuck out for me the last 2 games is Collins' misuse of Familia. He should have had him start the 8th tonight. When asked about it in the post-game, Collins said he wanted to make sure Familia was available for Game 5. Well then why the hell did you use him to mop up the blowout in Game 3?? It's your damn fault if you end up having to use him in 3 straight games when that was completely avoidable.

As far as Game 5, I'll stick by my prediction that the Royals close it out, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Harvey steps up in a big way. He's a much better pitcher at Citi than on the road, and there's no way to predict what you'll get from Volquez with his father and everything.

#102 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 01 November 2015 - 06:26 PM

Agree on Collins...several mistakes with the bullpen. Matz hitting for himself in bottom of the 5th and starting the 6th was the decision that cost the game. He was clearly done. Go with Neise/Colon in 6th. Reed in the 7th and starting the 8th with Familia ready to go at a moments notice. I think Collins has been excellent this year, but messed up good this time.

Can't be too hard on Murphy...w/o him, they don't get out of the LDS. Buyer beware to anyone willing to give Cespedes $ 175 million.

Brutal. Fucking. Loss.

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#103 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:30 AM

Congrats Royals. Gritty team.

Winnable games for the Mets but couldn't get it done. We'll be back

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#104 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

Stanton!

Thanks Derek.

Evil empire third line.
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#105 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 987 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:24 PM

Fuckin' Jeter...from beyond the grave

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#106 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:12 PM

Attached File  3E639B37-EC5C-4331-8AC5-8F4A7EAB25CD.jpeg   149.09K   4 downloads
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users