#41 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:32 AM

You know, I want to root for the home town team, even if it is The Mets.   But hell... let's get some Back To The Future action going on... Let's go Cubs!!

falconext.png

#42 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 10:24 PM

Geddy just threw his bass on the field with the rest of the rioting Jays fans. Guess they're really done...

Hey...where's Perry?

#43 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:03 PM

I think he just got thrown out of the stadium! The Rangers manager just pointed at him and said "Vapor Trails sucks", and security removed him!

Hey...where's Perry?

#44 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:09 PM

Good thing the Jays took the lead. If that would have ended up being the winning run there would have been a riot at the stadium. 

#45 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 11:10 PM

A very polite, Canadian style riot. 

#46 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,644 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern, MI

Posted 15 October 2015 - 01:38 AM

These games today have been phenomenal!  I love postseason baseball!!!

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.  I say fuck the pen because you can die by the sword! - Tom Araya

#47 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 15 October 2015 - 02:23 PM

I hope the Mets can put some runs on the board against this guy tonight, but it’ll likely be another nail biter. One thing is for sure, if deGrom and Greinke pitch as expected, it’s going to be a tremendous capper on an outstanding Divisional round for MLB.

GAME 1:

Pitchers IP  H  R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA deGrom
(W, 1-0) 7.0 5 0 0 1 13 0 121-79 0.00

GAME 2:

Pitchers IP  H  R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA Greinke
(W, 1-0) 7.0 5 2 2 0 8 2 110-70 2.57

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#48 sir clinksalot

sir clinksalot

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:43 PM

Should be a fun game tonight ... only sport that has better playoffs than MLB is the NHL. 

Go Dodger Blue!!! 

- Gregg

For the latest Theme Park related news, check out my site: http://www.parkjourney.com/

#49 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:02 PM

There's a lot of noise around Bautista's bat flip last night. Interesting that Cespedes did the same for the Mets after a 450' bomb in game 3. I think he and the Mets got a pass though given the Utley incident in game 2. The only retaliation was a beatdown and a bat flip.

101215_nym_cespedes_bat_flip_med_tjvrxz3

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#50 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 15 October 2015 - 04:26 PM

Oh...and I love this pic of Seinfeld and Rock after that homer, each sporting their "Cespedes Face"

CRNS4gLU8AA8eKw.png

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#51 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:25 AM

OK the LCS's are set. Agreed with whoever said the Divisional round was fantastic all around.

In honor of Hermit, let's do picks for the rest of the way. Nothing at stake except bragging rights. I'll go first.

Royals over Blue Jays

Cubs over Mets

Cubs over Royals

#52 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:56 AM

deGrom...Murphy...LETS GO METS !!!

Bring on the Cubbies!!

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#53 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:25 AM

Like they'll forget? What a pussy indeed. If he plays again, he'll get what's coming to him. If the Mets manage to win the series, that will be the ultimate "Fuck You".

Interesting move that Mattingly put Utley in for the bottom of the ninth knowing full well the Mets wouldn't throw at him and bring the potential winning run to the plate. But the Mets did get the last "fuck you". See ya next year, Chase.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#54 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 16 October 2015 - 11:09 AM

Utley put a good swing on it too...heart sank for a moment. could you imagine him tying the game in that spot?!

The ultimate FU to the Dodgers was Murph taking third base after the walk to Duda. LA fell asleep at the wheel and his run scored on the sac fly made the difference.

Amazing...I think maybe once I've seen that play in Little League...maybe.

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#55 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 16 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

The type of heads up baserunning that Murphy pulled off happens more than you would think. These days teams use shifts so much more, which will leave 3B unmanned if you're shifting against a lefty pull hitter. There have been a bunch of situations this season alone where guys "stole" third base.

Mattingly said as much in the post-game. Talked about how the Dodgers don't use the shift that much, so they weren't used to figuring out coverage. Well, I say if you're going to use shifts, you damn well better figure out who covers what base. Too late now I guess.

Still, props to Murphy on that play. If they gave out MVPs for the divisionals, he would get my vote. What a monster series. Three HRs vs Kershaw and Greinke? That's crazy.

#56 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 16 October 2015 - 04:53 PM

Yeah, he's on fire. Meanwhile last night, Wright, Cespedes and Duda 0-11, 7 Ks...geez

Very much looking forward to seeing what the Mets lineup can do in Wrigley against someone who is not Kershaw/Greinke. Arietta pitching game 2 in NY

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#57 sir clinksalot

sir clinksalot

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 09:44 PM

Mets were simply the better team, hands down. Dodgers didn't want it, or didn't play like they did. 

I knew the game was over after the shift steal and the run scored, that pretty much took all the energy out of the Dodgers and that comes down to coaching. Surprised Mattlingly hasn't been fired yet. 

I'll be rooting for Chicago all the way now. 

- Gregg

For the latest Theme Park related news, check out my site: http://www.parkjourney.com/

#58 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:20 PM

I froze my ass off at Citi Field last night...well worth it. If the Mets somehow beat Arrieta tonight, it'll be a very short series...possibly in 4.

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#59 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 20 October 2015 - 11:53 PM

Kudos to Geddy for sticking around til the end of the game in a 14-2 blowout. I respect that.

#60 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

Mets can put this to bed on “Back to the Future Day”. They are playing loose and aggressive. Small ball, timely hitting, lights  out pitching. As a Mets fan since mid-70’s, my tendency is to view the glass as half-empty, save for 1986, but I don’t see anyone beating this pitching staff. It's an unsettling feeling of confidence and I am not sure how to handle it. 

Daniel Murphy is beyond ridiculous

cubs-win-world-series-back-to-the-future

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users