#21 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:56 AM

Joe Torre was being interviewed...he's the head of MLB such and such, I guess which oversees such things as this play. He was vague and confusing. I wonder if this had happened back in the day and Derek Jeter was on the ground with a broken leg, if he would have been so understanding and vague.

I'll be at Citi Field for game 3...4 rows behind the Dodgers dugout. Cant wait...this series is about to get real interesting.

I need some sleep

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#22 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:25 PM

Happy Harvey Day !!!

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#23 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 12 October 2015 - 12:28 PM

Utley is fortunate he was suspended. I think the Mets are too. Harvey would have beaned him tonight and then who knows what happens... 

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

05f258397c.jpeg

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#24 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,150 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 12 October 2015 - 02:02 PM

Joe Torre was being interviewed...he's the head of MLB such and such, I guess which oversees such things as this play. He was vague and confusing. I wonder if this had happened back in the day and Derek Jeter was on the ground with a broken leg, if he would have been so understanding and vague.

I'll be at Citi Field for game 3...4 rows behind the Dodgers dugout. Cant wait...this series is about to get real interesting.

I need some sleep

We Yankee fans often said Torre never had to do much with that lineup.  Just make sure they were happy.  Maybe create a batting order once in a while, though frankly it created itself.

#25 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 12 October 2015 - 03:56 PM

Yep that lineup was on cruise control. Stottlemyre worried about the pitching staff, Joe walked out and grabbed Mariano a few times a week and called it a day.His managerial stats with the Mets, Braves, Cards & Dodgers were less impressive.

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#26 sir clinksalot

sir clinksalot

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 06:58 PM

12079303_1098072380204159_54620398086945

There are so many examples of worse slides, even one by Utley that wasn't an issue when he was a member of the Phillies. 

Sorry, this has been a play in the MLB for decades, centuries, why this one? Because somebody got hurt? Doesn't matter. The suspension is Bullshit. 

- Gregg

For the latest Theme Park related news, check out my site: http://www.parkjourney.com/

#27 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 12 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

Well, looks like Utley will play…he appealed and they can’t get a hearing done in time as his people need time to ‘mount a defense’. Mattingly would be foolish to keep him out of the lineup as he’s a .333 hitter vs. Harvey.

I am going to Citi Field tonight and it’s going to be nuts. I think I’ve gotten this slide/tackle thing out of my system and ready for the Dark Knight to step up. Harvey would be stupid to throw at Utley and risk ejection or a brawl where he and others could get injured. The best thing the Mets can do is win tonight, beat Kershaw (I assume) on short rest tomorrow and move on.

The “slide” was nonsense though. I love hard-nosed baseball and would never want to water down the sport (as they’ve already done with the new rules to protect the catcher). Slide in hard to the bag and definitely make contact with the fielder…absolutely! Utley’s action went beyond that…he hit Tejada head on, before hitting the dirt and even with the bag. Suspension…no. Interference…I believe yes.

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#28 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

I hope he gets plunked, hard. It's just how the game is played, right?

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#29 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 12 October 2015 - 08:50 PM

:D

Mattingly keeping him out of the lineup tonight...

pussy

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#30 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:38 PM

Like they'll forget? What a pussy indeed. If he plays again, he'll get what's coming to him. If the Mets manage to win the series, that will be the ultimate "Fuck You".

#31 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 12 October 2015 - 10:41 PM

He may even get it off field.  if i was Tejada's brother or cousin, I'd be gunning for this prick.

Football, as rough as it is has some rules to protect guys, and there are hits that you just don't make.   This asshole shouldn't have done what he did. He was in control, and knew what he was doing. Even if the hit wasn't 'intentional', he knew he was being too rough to simply break up a play.

falconext.png

#32 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:09 PM

I just read an article that showed he actually violated a few rules already in place but the umps don't often enforce them so you get shit like this. 

#33 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:43 AM

How about those Cubbies? Six home runs!

#34 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:33 AM

Mets win !!
Fans were giving it to Utley. Harvey didn't pitch well , but battled after a three run second.

Matz v Kershaw tomorrow. Mets need to wrap this up and head to Wrigley.. Very possible Mets/Cubs NLCS. Wow

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#35 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,049 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:54 PM

So on the NL side, you've got the 1,2,3 & 21st TV markets still playing. AL is 5,10,31 and Toronto.

I'm guessing TV suits are hoping for Chicago and either Texas or Toronto. St Louis and Houston or KC would cause mass suit suicide.

Hey...where's Perry?

#36 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 13 October 2015 - 04:15 PM

Good, kill 'em off. They keep burying the 2 best series into early time slots. Yeah, I get why they're not in primetime, but it's still annoying. I mean, people would really rather see Cubs-Cards again for the 22nd time this season?

Granted I'm an AL guy, but I am thoroughly enjoying the hell out of both ALDS's. Royals-Stros yesterday was amazing. I would take either of those teams advancing over any of the other playoff teams.

#37 sir clinksalot

sir clinksalot

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 08:04 PM

Sports talk radio is acting like the Mets have already won the World Series. 

Dodgers are the worst team in the playoffs ... and this is coming from a lifelong Dodgers fan. 

- Gregg

For the latest Theme Park related news, check out my site: http://www.parkjourney.com/

#38 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,600 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 13 October 2015 - 11:56 PM

CUBS WIN!

CUBS WIN!

CUBS WIN!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#39 pjbear05

pjbear05

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts
  • LocationOn the Train to Bangkok

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:07 AM

Like they'll forget? What a pussy indeed. If he plays again, he'll get what's coming to him. If the Mets manage to win the series, that will be the ultimate "Fuck You".

Exactly.  It could be at a meaningless game next season, but bet on it...Utley's gonna get plinked.

"Can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

#40 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 14 October 2015 - 01:25 AM

Good, kill 'em off. They keep burying the 2 best series into early time slots. Yeah, I get why they're not in primetime, but it's still annoying. I mean, people would really rather see Cubs-Cards again for the 22nd time this season?

Granted I'm an AL guy, but I am thoroughly enjoying the hell out of both ALDS's. Royals-Stros yesterday was amazing. I would take either of those teams advancing over any of the other playoff teams.

Yeah, either way, it's going to suck that one of these two teams will have to go home. 

As far as the Cubs go; I was hoping for an I-70 Series rematch, but seeing the Cubs advance is a pretty nice consolation prize for me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users