#161 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,414 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:39 PM

I wonder what he thought about me shouting KING OF THE WORLD!!!! every chance I got at a show a few years ago.....

I know you heard me Donald!
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#162 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 13 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

^^^ He probably crossed it off the setlist right then and there just to spite you. lol.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#163 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 10:29 PM

Re the Norwegian band A-ha:

Through 2009, the band has sold more than 100 million records worldwide.

• chemistry1973 likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#164 Kim Jong Un

Kim Jong Un

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

Little known fact: I did the original Gangnam Style video. Later, they photoshopped in a different guy.

• Greg likes this

#165 Boots

Boots

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationDead Star

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:56 AM

Hard Luck Woman was originally written for Rod Stewart. 

220px-Hard_Luck_Woman_-_Kiss.jpg

Eternally Missed

#166 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,286 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:45 AM

About Steely Dan

When ‘Do It Again’ was released in 1972, it was credited on the sleeve as a traditional song even though it was written by Becker and Fagen. “You should never believe anything it ever says on a Steely Dan record,” says Fagen. “It’s mostly a bunch of lies and bulls— that we write just to confuse the listener.”

When Michael McDonald joined Steely Dan in 1975, providing background vocals and keyboards, Fagen voted to make him lead singer but was vetoed.

Becker and Fagen met at Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson in upstate New York. The school, and the town, served as the setting in ‘My Old School.’ Comedian Chevy Chase also attended Bard and played drums in Becker and Fagen’s band, the Leather Canary.

Fagen likes to make fun of the aging hippies who attend Steely Dan concerts. Fagen has written that “Tonight the crowd looked so geriatric I was tempted to start calling out bingo numbers. By the end of the set, they were all on their feet, albeit shakily, rocking. … So this, now, is what I do: assisted living.”

• chemistry1973 likes this

#167 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,340 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 14 August 2017 - 01:39 PM

^^^

That's hilarious, "assisted living" lol.  I was at a Boston concert this summer (well one original member of Boston, lol) and even my daughter said, wow Dad, some of these people are your age, but they are a lot older.

Steely Dan did have a lead vocalist, David Palmer,  who sang "Dirty Work" on the first record (along with others) and sang most of the songs live in concert.  I wasn't sure if it was an issue with Fagan's confidence or record execs.  I think it may have indeed been Fagan himself that wanted it this way given the fact that in that day record execs wouldn't have cared who sang live.

• Three Eyes likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users