Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:31 AM

NME 11:40 am - Sep 6, 2013

'It's torture every time we produce anything,' said singer

In the interview, Lennon – who was speaking to Smith along with his wife, Yoko Ono – says of working on the record: “We were going through hell. We often do. It’s torture every time we produce anything. The Beatles haven’t got any magic you haven’t got. We suffer like hell anytime we make anything, and we got each other to contend with. Imagine working with The Beatles, it’s tough.”

He added: “There’s just tension. It’s tense every time the red light goes on.” The singer, who also described the LP as a “strange album”, continued: “We never really finished it. We didn’t really want to do it. Paul was hustling for us to do it. It’s The Beatles with their suits off.”

RR Auction vice president Bobby Livingston said that the tape had a minimum bid price of $300, but estimated that it could reach between $5,000 and $10,000. It is just one of 100 Beatles-related items that will go under the hammer of their Marvels Of Modern Music memorabilia sale. “It’s a frank and honest interview from one of the most revered musicians and activists of all time,” he said.

Last month (August) it was reported that The Beatles will release a second volume of recordings from their sessions at the BBC. A new collection featuring previously unreleased songs from the Fab Four’s sessions with BBC radio in the mid-’60s is set to be released: a follow-up to their 1994 compilation ‘Live At The BBC’.

Plans for the new set of recordings were revealed by a Beatles fansite which spotted a Facebook page from MCA Music in the Philippines, which is part of Universal Music, promising the new collection was on its way. The claims have not yet been confirmed by either The Beatles’ official website or by Universal’s representatives in the UK or US.

Meanwhile, dentist and Beatles fan Daniel Zuk has revealed that he plans to clone John Lennon using the DNA from one of the late musician’s teeth. Zuk, who bought Lennon’s tooth for £20,000 at auction in 2011, said: “If scientists think they can clone mammoths, then John Lennon could be next. To say I had a small part in bringing back one of rock’s greatest stars would be mind-blowing.”

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#122 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:44 AM

John Lennon's opinion of "Let It Be"

Lennon also commented disparagingly on "Let It Be". Prior to a take during the 31 January 1969 recording session, he asked, "Are we supposed to giggle in the solo?" (This is a similar quote to Lewisohn's "The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions" (p. 170) but Lennon says "during the solo" not "in the solo" as quoted here.) In Lennon's Playboy interview in 1980, he disavowed any involvement with composing the song.

“That's Paul. What can you say? Nothing to do with the Beatles. It could've been Wings. I don't know what he's thinking when he writes "Let It Be". I think it was inspired by "Bridge over Troubled Waters" [sic]. That's my feeling, although I have nothing to go on. I know that he wanted to write a "Bridge over Troubled Waters".

As MacDonald explained, Lennon was wrong about "Bridge over Troubled Water" being McCartney's inspiration. Although Simon & Garfunkel's ballad charted just ahead of "Let It Be", the latter was recorded approximately six months before "Bridge over Troubled Water" was written and a full year before Paul Simon's song was released.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#123 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:02 AM

Furthermore, according to album Decade's liner notes, Neil [Young] wrote "Down by the River", "Cinnamon Girl", and "Cowgirl in the Sand" all in a single afternoon -- while sick with a 103 degree temperature. Also, recorded after being together with the band Crazy Horse for only 2 weeks.

source

#124 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 03:12 PM

Henry Rollins relates the story of how his roommate was shot and killed by robbers.

#125 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:07 AM

The lead singer in this band is a municipal court judge in Gilbert Arizona (near Phoenix).

TV news story on Judge Nicole Laurin-Walker.

Her band is playing in LA tonight.

• SpaceGhost2112 likes this

#126 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,300 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:48 AM

John Lennon's opinion of "Let It Be"

Lennon also commented disparagingly on "Let It Be". Prior to a take during the 31 January 1969 recording session, he asked, "Are we supposed to giggle in the solo?" (This is a similar quote to Lewisohn's "The Complete Beatles Recording Sessions" (p. 170) but Lennon says "during the solo" not "in the solo" as quoted here.) In Lennon's Playboy interview in 1980, he disavowed any involvement with composing the song.

“That's Paul. What can you say? Nothing to do with the Beatles. It could've been Wings. I don't know what he's thinking when he writes "Let It Be". I think it was inspired by "Bridge over Troubled Waters" [sic]. That's my feeling, although I have nothing to go on. I know that he wanted to write a "Bridge over Troubled Waters".

As MacDonald explained, Lennon was wrong about "Bridge over Troubled Water" being McCartney's inspiration. Although Simon & Garfunkel's ballad charted just ahead of "Let It Be", the latter was recorded approximately six months before "Bridge over Troubled Water" was written and a full year before Paul Simon's song was released.

Let it Be was brutal, no doubt

Let it Be the movie isn't streaming anywhere but you can rent or buy a DVD somewhere of it.  You can just see and hear the tension.  Also revealing is the special edition of Let it Be Naked where you can hear some of the process, as there was an open mic in the studio.  These guys came off of the White Album basically working as solo artists more than ever.  They were done.  George was definitely done.  John was wrapped up with Yoko, Ringo was always marginalized and Paul pretty much held it together.  That said, the later period Beatles were some of Paul's and George's best work.  For me, John was best on Revolver-Magical Mystery Tour.

#127 Valium

Valium

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:18 AM

Halfway through the song it was time for Dave's guitar solo. This moment had to be right. So I shouted across the studio to Dave, give him encouragement. But I seemed to spoil his concentration. He looked at me with a dazed expression. 'Fuck off.' If you doubt me, if you doubt what I'm saying, I challenge you to listen to the original Kinks recording of 'You Really Got Me'. Halfway through the song, after the second chorus, before the guitar solo, there's a drum break. Boo ka, boo boo ka, boo ka, boo boo. And in the background you can hear 'fuck off'. You can, you can. When I did the vocal I tried to cover it up by going 'Oh no', but in the background you still hear it 'fuck off'. And it's even clearer on CD, it's really embarrassing.[7]

https://en.wikipedia...u_Really_Got_Me

• fenderjazz and Three Eyes like this

#128 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,300 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:10 PM

https://en.wikipedia...u_Really_Got_Me

Yes.  Without even playing the song, I can hear that in my head.  It's really clear.  I always thought it was "come on".

#129 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 05:28 AM

Nothing too "wow" here but just a lot of fun for me to hear Rik Emmett tell little anecdotes about one of my favorite Triumph songs.

This sit down is even better. Rik's an excellent storyteller. Anyone who's ever seen his acoustic solo show knows this.

#130 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 07:36 AM

Electronic music pioneer Gary Numan wrote his most famous song in under 10 minutes.....on the bass.

• Valium likes this

#131 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

You could be right.  I think most of the instrumentation on the first album has been disputed by so many over the years that I don't think we really will ever know for sure.  In the various bandmate lawsuits, they all claimed to play on it.

#132 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 07:46 PM

You could be right.  I think most of the instrumentation on the first album has been disputed by so many over the years that I don't think we really will ever know for sure.  In the various bandmate lawsuits, they all claimed to play on it

Sad update.

http://www.billboard...hashian-dies-67

#133 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

Basically, Spinal Tap.

#134 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 05:38 PM

#135 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:56 PM

An Iron Maiden classic...

https://youtu.be/YSQUq_xdHsM
  • Pariah Dawg likes this

Hey...where's Perry?

#136 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

An awesome ACDC cover by the Offspring

https://youtu.be/ED3Q6mBfkuE
  • Three Eyes likes this

Hey...where's Perry?

#137 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:20 AM

The_Beatles_1_album_cover.jpg

1 is a compilation album by the English rock band the Beatles, originally released on 13 November 2000. The album features virtually every number-one single the band achieved in the United Kingdom and United States from 1962 to 1970. Issued on the 30th anniversary of the band's break-up, it was their first compilation available on only one compact disc. 1 was a commercial success and topped the charts worldwide. It has sold over 31 million copies.

• chemistry1973 likes this

#138 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:30 AM

An Iron Maiden classic...

https://youtu.be/YSQUq_xdHsM

• chemistry1973 likes this

#139 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 04:41 AM

#140 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,160 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:35 PM

Eminem's legal issues

In 1999, Eminem's mother sued him for about $10 million for slandering her on The Slim Shady LP, receiving about $1,600 in damages in 2001.[218] On June 3, 2000, Eminem was arrested during an altercation with Douglas Dail at a car-audio store in Royal Oak, Michigan, when he pulled out an unloaded gun and pointed it at the ground. The next day, in Warren, Michigan, he was arrested again for assaulting John Guerrera in the parking lot of the Hot Rock Café when he saw him kissing his wife.[219][220] Eminem recreated the Guerrera assault in "The Kiss (Skit)" on The Eminem Show. The rapper was charged for a possession of a concealed weapon and assault, pleaded guilty and received two years' probation; However, Guerrera's assault charge was dropped as part of the plea agreement.[221] On July 7, 2000, Kim attempted suicide by slashing her wrists,[222] and later sued Eminem for defamation after describing her violent death in "Kim".[220]

On October 26, 2000, the rapper was scheduled to perform at Toronto's SkyDome when Ontario Attorney General Jim Flaherty said that Eminem should not be allowed to enter the country. "I personally don't want anyone coming to Canada who will come here and advocate violence against women", he said. Flaherty also said that he was "disgusted" when he read the lyrics of "Kill You", which includes the lines "Slut, you think I won't choke no whore / Till the vocal cords don't work in her throat no more?" Although public reaction to Flaherty's position was generally negative, with barring Eminem from the country considered a free-speech issue, Liberal MPP Michael Bryant suggested that hate crime charges be brought against the rapper for advocating violence against women in his lyrics.[223] Robert Everett-Green wrote in a Globe and Mail editorial, "Being offensive is Eminem's job description",[224] and the rapper's Toronto concert went on as planned.[225]

Sanitation worker DeAngelo Bailey sued Eminem for $1 million in 2001, accusing him of invading his privacy by publicizing information placing him in a false light in "Brain Damage", a song which portrays him as a violent school bully. Although Bailey admitted picking on Eminem in school, he said he merely "bumped" him and gave him a "little shove". The lawsuit was dismissed on October 20, 2003; Judge Deborah Servitto, who rapped the verdict, ruled that it was clear to the public that the lyrics were exaggerated.[226]

On June 28, 2001, Eminem was sentenced to one year's probation and community service and was fined about $2,000 on weapon charges stemming from an argument with an employee of Psychopathic Records.[227]

On March 31, 2002, French jazz pianist Jacques Loussier filed a $10 million lawsuit against Eminem and Dr. Dre, claiming that the beat for "Kill You" was from his instrumental "Pulsion".[228] Loussier demanded that sales of The Marshall Mathers LP be halted, and any remaining copies destroyed. A trial date was set for June 2004, and the case was later settled.[229]

On December 8, 2003 the United States Secret Service reported that it was "looking into" allegations that Eminem threatened President George W. Bush[230] in "We As Americans" (an unreleased bootleg at the time), with the lyrics: "Fuck money, I don't rap for dead presidents. I'd rather see the president dead, it's never been said but I set precedents." The incident was included in the video for "Mosh", as a newspaper clipping on a wall with articles about unfortunate incidents in Bush's career. "We As Americans" eventually appeared on Encore's deluxe-edition bonus disc, with altered lyrics.

In 2007, Eminem's music-publishing company (Eight Mile Style) and Martin Affiliated sued Apple Inc. and Aftermath Entertainment, claiming that Aftermath was not authorized to negotiate a deal with Apple for digital downloads of 93 Eminem songs on Apple's iTunes.[231][232] The case against Apple was settled shortly after the trial began, in late September 2009.[233]

In July 2010, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit ruled in F.B.T. Productions, LLC v. Aftermath Records that F.B.T. Productions and Eminem were owed a royalty of 50 percent of Aftermath's net revenue from licensing his recordings to companies such as Apple, Sprint Corporation, Nextel Communications, Cingular and T-Mobile. In March 2011, the Supreme Court of the United States declined to hear the case.[234]

In October 2013, Eminem sampled Chicago-based rap group Hotstylz's 2008 viral hit, "Lookin' Boy", for his 2013 hit single, "Rap God". The group claims that Eminem did not receive permission to use the sample, nor did he credit or compensate them.[235] In November 2013, Hotstylz released a diss track towards Eminem titled "Rap Fraud", where they sample several of his songs and criticize him for not crediting them.[236][237] In January 2015, TMZ reported that Hotstylz was suing the rapper and his label, Shady Records, for the amount of $8 million, for using the 26 second sample of "Lookin' Boy" on his song "Rap God", without their permission.[238][239]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users