#21 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationBolton

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:22 PM

I honestly have never aspired to "shit on" anything here, let alone "everything". To me what you've typed here (and later) just looks like more attention-seeking trouble-making, which given the subject of the thread really is a shame.

No he's right. How dare you have your own opinion on Rush, Religion and Politics.

They just don't get it James.
A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.

#22 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationBolton

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

^^^
The problem is that's not the way the case law goes for these sorts of things. You can't prove it's not yours because courts don't do tech well. I've studied chain of custody issues and have been involved in several cases where the court did not want to examine chain of custody in a civil case where that was the very heart of the case. I work for a company that spends a lot of time in court. Possession is always 9/10s of the law and that goes for and against you.

Indeed. If you do not censor you approve. It's not fair but life isn't.
A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.

#23 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,587 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:24 PM

Slim has always calmly and patiently spoke his mind. Even when we disagree on the heaviest of subjects in the most heated way, I never lost respect for him.

#24 Xanadu590

Xanadu590

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:40 PM

I honestly have never aspired to "shit on" anything here, let alone "everything". To me what you've typed here (and later) just looks like more attention-seeking trouble-making, which given the subject of the thread really is a shame.

the entire content of the post was attention-phishing.. not telling anyone how to conduct themselves but uh, 'don't feed the trolls' is something i've mentioned recently

• RushDoggie likes this
for more information please reread

#25 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:45 PM

See, the funny thing is that there are people here who truly shit on everything.Slim, who shits on everything in his own SPECIAL way, along with the whole brigade of assholes who shit on anyone who disagrees with them.The problem is (sorry Grep, you're wrong) that many of you are pussies, thin-skinned people who can't handle someone who knows how to dig into your skin, even though you do it to others constantly. I just did it with no subtlety. For example, Len, can post lesbian fight shit with a couple of women shoving their fists into each other but I can't make fun of a racist and figuratively fist his ass over and over (wrist watch....crisco).Gimme a fucking break. And I know, here come the Hemi defenders. Look, if any of you had the high-minded ideals you have claimed to hold (since you know, the evil Smoog ruined the board) you would have gone beyond what I did in running Pesch off the fucking board. You didn't, so now it looks like FJ must have some kind of hard-on for him. Casey- don't even try to say Hemi adds fuck-all to any political discussion. If you believe that, you're the one who needs to step out of the meth lab.We have people here who can't even figure out how to use the name-change history (Skep, I'm looking at you) yet they look to themselves as some kind of experts on human behavior.Oh, and the less said about Ken, the better. Maybe ask Julie why they got divorced?Don't fucking threaten me when I have done nothing illegal and then lie about content I and another person never posted. I don't give a fuk if it was hasty. This apology should have come as soon as you got back from America's Wang.And that bullshit about inferring myself and another were aroused by pictures of a child?Grep, you think us being LIBELED is okay because we made some middle-aged pussies angry?Please clarify. As far as I am concerned you should all be mutinying because your admin made up shit to demonize board members. It's okay though....BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (that's a sheep sound).FJ crossed a line I never crossed. But who gives a fuku can all get bak to talkin about how cooool u are because....well msot of u arent coolsoon hemi can come bak and u can all suck his cockwho gives a fuk

Dude. Just chill.

No one is libeling you. It's a case of a joke flying over everyone's head. It took a minute to quite grasp what was happening--FJ just acted. Big deal. Everyone's unbanned. You pushed the envelope and things got wacky. That's what happens. You're not being persecuted.

#26 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:47 PM

The trolls are trollin' because they can't compete at CP on a level playing field.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#27 Xanadu590

Xanadu590

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:48 PM

^^^

The problem is that's not the way the case law goes for these sorts of things. You can't prove it's not yours because courts don't do tech well. I've studied chain of custody issues and have been involved in several cases where the court did not want to examine chain of custody in a civil case where that was the very heart of the case. I work for a company that spends a lot of time in court. Possession is always 9/10s of the law and that goes for and against you.

Indeed. If you do not censor you approve. It's not fair but life isn't.

aye. if users can submit just about anything to a public message board, then that aspect of the law is unfair and borders on nonsensical.

especially considering all of the things that are considered 'instant crimes' on the internet these days.

but alright.

point taken.

#28 Xanadu590

Xanadu590

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:50 PM

Dude. Just chill.

No one is libeling you. It's a case of a joke flying over everyone's head. It took a minute to quite grasp what was happening--FJ just acted. Big deal. Everyone's unbanned. You pushed the envelope and things got wacky. That's what happens. You're not being persecuted.

i think at this point he wants to be recognized as having been libelled and persecuted and it has nothing to do with whether or not he has been.

i mean, i think..

#29 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:51 PM

There's no libel either. Because nobody knows who Moog is anyway.  So who's reputation is ruined? An anonymous avatar on a board? I can't tie that libel (even if it were libel) to any individual. 

Can anyone else here?

Get over it Moog. Please. 

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#30 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,085 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:53 PM

Slim and I rarely see eye to eye but I'd take a thousand Slim's over one smoog any day. The latter is just sad and pathetic now trying to make himself out to be some type of good guy.

• Slim, Greg, grep and 1 other like this

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#31 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,851 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:58 PM

internet-troll.png

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#32 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 06:59 PM

Casey- don't even try to say Hemi adds fuck-all to any political discussion. 

I never said he adds anything to a political discussion. I've asserted he has the right to express his opinions on political discussion, in the proper forum. Those are two entirely different things.

#33 RollDeBonz

RollDeBonz

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • LocationHome of the Twilight Zone

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:01 PM

So who is moog, great savior of Counterparts for running off Hemi and making this place interesting again?! The hero who calls others pussies yet hides behind false names and proxy ips?

Joe, sorry you feel the need to step away from running CP. You kept it alive a lot longer than it probably should have been. Most walked away a long time ago.

#34 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:03 PM

Oh, and the less said about Ken, the better. Maybe ask Julie why they got divorced? 

By the way, if you think the reasons Julie and Ken split have anything to do with you or this board, you're mistaken. Only a handful of people know that backstory, and you aren't one of them.

#35 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationBolton

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

internet-troll.png

Jeez, I used to have a pair of glasses like that.

Wait, that is me.

Soft as shit in real life but unlimited power on the Intetwebz!!!!

Muwahaha!

#36 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationBolton

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:05 PM

By the way, if you think the reasons Julie and Ken split have anything to do with you or this board, you're mistaken. Only a handful of people know that backstory, and you aren't one of them.

Mike V is all-knowing.

Mod edit. Going to leave real names out. Sorry

#37 RushDoggie

RushDoggie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:10 PM

Slim and I rarely see eye to eye but I'd take a thousand Slim's over one smoog any day. The latter is just sad and pathetic now trying to make himself out to be some type of good guy.

Or, yanking chains desperately trying to get more drama going because its fun for him.

obvious-troll.jpg

• Three Eyes and GhostWriter like this

“Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals.” - Tom Petty

#38 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationBolton

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

If this is heading towards possible litigation then I would just close this fucker down.

The site that ate itself.

#39 Xanadu590

Xanadu590

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

There's no libel either. Because nobody knows who Moog is anyway.  So who's reputation is ruined? An anonymous avatar on a board? I can't tie that libel (even if it were libel) to any individual. 

Can anyone else here?

Get over it Moog. Please. 

i mean, from a guest's perspective, it would seem that Geddy's Moog should've stayed a synthesizer rather than become an internet-capable, pseudo-sentient being.

also applies from the perspective of someone who was on this board well before the stuff this keyboard-human-hybrid guy knows absolutely nothing about and is siting for the purpose of phishing happened.

also, please make sense of that last sentence i just wrote.

i tried to but failed.

• Slim likes this

#40 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:30 PM

i think at this point he wants to be recognized as having been libelled and persecuted and it has nothing to do with whether or not he has been.

i mean, i think..

I like Smoog and Hemi and think they actually belong here. Of course anything truly hateful and obscene shouldn't be tolerated. But I think most of the offenses are typically imagined, not real.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users