276 replies to this topic

#241 inthenameofDT

inthenameofDT

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:35 PM

While we're throwing around identities.... bytor2114 = inthenameofdt.  One disappeared and the other appeared in the same timeframe, no?????

lol2.gif

#242 River Alph

River Alph

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:38 PM

If Moog is Zo I'll show my arse on live TV.

offer up something that hasn't been seen in public before

#243 River Alph

River Alph

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:40 PM

spill news

Bill Hews

#244 inthenameofDT

inthenameofDT

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:41 PM

No. That's Detroit.

I hope you're not being serious.

#245 inthenameofDT

inthenameofDT

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:44 PM

e. almost Jon Anderson lyrics

f. TEAKBOIS

#246 inthenameofDT

inthenameofDT

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:49 PM

Not to take away from the scintillating conversation of "who's who" but here's a random blast from the past!

• Tony, MrSkeptic and bordercollie like this

#247 Tony

Tony

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • LocationBolton

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:57 PM

Not to take away from the scintillating conversation of "who's who" but here's a random blast from the past!

Fuckin classic.

Happy days.
A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.

#248 nicktherushfan2112

nicktherushfan2112

• Peeps
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationBetween Sun and Moon

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:00 AM

Hi All,

This is just an update to tell you what is going on and my version of events that transpired.  For the past few months a few of our members have chosen get behind proxies, change their user names and create some havoc, some of it well-intentioned and funny, but some of it really annoying a lot of our regular members.  We were also hacked by an outside hacker, who went into our admin tool and created admin users.  Last week while I was on vacation, with only my phone to access the site (the mobile version of the site is very primitive) I was alerted by another admin to a picture that was posted, of a child.  It looked slightly racy to me, and given the member who posted it had his member name "spoofed" by some of these other people,   Naturally, given the events of the past few weeks, I was concerned.  I spoke to another admin, and requested they temporarily ban all of these people.  Not knowing where this was coming from, fearing this was the tip of the iceberg, and seeing my own career and livelihood go down the toilet, over a Rush messageboard, this was my rash, harsh action.

I discovered the picture was an innocent picture posted by a long-time member of his child.  Unfortunately, given the circumstances, I can't take back my actions.  All I can say is I consulted 5-6 people, all while running around the Disney parks of Orlando in 90 degree heat in the sun on my phone to my family's dismay and did my due diligence before I acted.  We all agreed then.  Regardless I apologize to JARG or 200022200 (whatever number you are today) for acting so quickly, but I think all of you can see where I am coming from.

I may have said some things to all of you that I regretted, and frankly I may have not behaved admirably during this time.  Again, this board is something I have up out of the goodness of my heart, nothing more.  I'm probably just continuing something that already should have been dead long ago.

The bannings are being lifted, slowly.  I will keep this board going a little while to allow you all to comment, but likely it will go away, or go to whomever wants to keep it running.  I did accuse Mike/smoog/whatever other name he goes by here of posting that photo and abusing the board in the past with posting pics of cut up dead people, but I take that back too.  There is no evidence of that

Regardless, this board will not be around much longer.  What these events show me is I don't have the time, nor the appetite to handle such a thing.  I'll leave this thread around so people can comment and seriously, if someone wants to take this over, they can.  This board's fate is similar to just about every other messageboard I've visited that now no longer exists.  Someone has to own it, someone has to take responsibility for it.  That's the reason why third party sites like reddit, facebook, etc exist.  Let some big corporation own it.

Hello,

Overall, I have to say that really sucks. I learned of this board about a month and a half ago, and man, did I wish I had known of this for longer. I know I'm not one of the more senior members or anything of the sorts, and I don't know if you'll think anything of what I am saying because I am not one of the seniors, but you should really hand the board over to one or a couple of the senior members. Like one of the ones that have been on here since the start. This is a wonderful forum, and it would be a great loss. I wish you the best in this matter.

• OldRUSHfan likes this
Rush Anthem.JPG

#249 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts
  • LocationJust east of Lyra

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:23 AM

Hello,

Overall, I have to say that really sucks. I learned of this board about a month and a half ago, and man, did I wish I had known of this for longer. I know I'm not one of the more senior members or anything of the sorts, and I don't know if you'll think anything of what I am saying because I am not one of the seniors, but you should really hand the board over to one or a couple of the senior members. Like one of the ones that have been on here since the start. This is a wonderful forum, and it would be a great loss. I wish you the best in this matter.

The good news is that fenderjazz is very level headed and he cares about this community.  He's understandably a bit unnerved by the past few weeks, but I'm crossing my fingers he's going to be willing to ride this out a while barring any further craziness.

As for being new and expressing your opinion, in my experience that doesn't bother anyone.  By which I mean they'll give you shit for it whether it's your 10th post or your 10,000th.

;)

• Greg, OldRUSHfan, DarthLen and 3 others like this

LYqbjSn.jpg

#250 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2015 - 12:37 AM

Yeah, seniority means less to most of us than being able to feed and clothe yourself unassisted.

Don't say anything egregiously stupid, and you're fine.

• OldRUSHfan and nicktherushfan2112 like this

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#251 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,642 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:00 AM

Update

I'm going to try to see this through. I've looked around and mostly I see people I've been friends with for ten years maybe more maybe less. I don't want to let anyone down. I enjoy all of your company.

We have others who help admin and keep this place going. It's certainly not all me. I just needed to think about the risks of having this board and whether or not I can handle that. I think I can manage. I'll give plenty of warning or redirect people to a common meeting place if I did change my mind.
  • Casey, Greg, grep and 8 others like this

#252 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 26 July 2015 - 05:26 AM

Thank you FJ.

• OldRUSHfan likes this

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#253 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,008 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 08:56 AM

Don't say anything egregiously stupid, and you're fine.

But how's he going to fit in here then?

• OldRUSHfan likes this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#254 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 26 July 2015 - 01:15 PM

Eventually he'll say something egregiously stupid and get called an idiot.
We've all done that, at one time or another.

The fact that we're all still here means this is a forum full of masochists.

• OldRUSHfan likes this

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#255 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:14 PM

I haven't.
  • OldRUSHfan likes this

Hey...where's Perry?

#256 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,118 posts
  • LocationJust east of Lyra

Posted 26 July 2015 - 02:47 PM

I haven't.

What an idiotic thing to say...

;)

• grep, OldRUSHfan and RushDoggie like this

LYqbjSn.jpg

#257 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts
  • LocationSaline, MI, SSW of Ann Arbor

Posted 26 July 2015 - 04:32 PM

I haven't.

nick, first you need to get a pair of BULLSHIT DETECTOR glasses, then you'll be able to discern the truth of statements like this red%20arrow%20up%20sm.jpg ;) :lol:

:banana dance Original:

EnjoyCCola.jpgmusicgif.gif

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

Chris Hardwick is NERDIST GOD. Portrait-%20Chris%20Hardwick%20sm.jpg

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

Here's the KITTY! kittyredX.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

:banana dance Original: "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLEH!" :banana dance Original:

"I'm DAMAGED...and I LIKE IT!"

"We are here to HELP each other, not to HARM each other.  Think about it..."

#258 Mission Position

Mission Position

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 618 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:23 PM

Jill Kews!

:P

• OldRUSHfan likes this

I am the artist formerly known as Schnoodles, who was the artist formerly known as Prime Mover and Shaker.

Rough Demos: www.jaypsi.com

#259 ghostworks

ghostworks

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:17 PM

Jill Kews!

:P

spoken like a true charm antiquark

#260 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:51 PM

I'll miss this place when it's gone.  When is that exactly, anyway?  It's been almost a month since the chaos I didn't know much about until earlier when I 'found' this thread.

Putting the oOgEyMe back in Boogeymen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users