#1 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:21 PM

First mountain stage and Froome is zooming along - he has a six minute lead over Nibali!

Luckily for him, Der Panzerwagen crashed early and is out with a busted collarbone.  Those crashes are extraordinary - a ripple spreads through the peloton like human dominoes.

I'm glad that the Manx Missile won a stage.  He spoke at the Help for Heroes ride I did last year, with his lovely wife Peta.

#2 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 15 July 2015 - 05:03 PM

Ivan Basso was lucky to be in a crash because they discovered he has testicular cancer when they were checking him out (he injured his groin area).

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#3 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:10 PM

Another tough stage coming up tomorrow. If Froome can repeat yesterday's stage then it will be his tour - barring an accident...

Speaking of accidents, Warren Barguil nearly got taken out by a herd of cows on the way down from the Col de Tourmalet. Plenty of bizarre things could happen between now and Paris.

645df0a0-f61a-4f15-a847-b0bdbfe31afb_zps

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#4 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:37 AM

Froomey is under a bit of scrutiny over his large lead.  Post-Armstrong, people are suspicious.  AFAIK all he does is kick out extremely high wattage at a low heart rate.  

Sad cynical world we live in, especially after the innuendo concerning Mo Farrah.

#5 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:00 PM

It's only to be expected. I think more questions should be asked about how Nibali did so well last year and is struggling this year. Is it because Astana have signed up to a stricter code than the UCI?

#6 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 08:34 AM

Someone threw a cup of urine in Froome's face during a Stage.

This is getting out of hand.  A couple of ex-dopers work from French telly and are spreading these insinuations.

#7 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:01 PM

Chapeau - or at least a new helmet - to Geraint Thomas. Warren Barguil bumped into him on the descent of the Col de Manse leading him to hit his head on a telegraph pole and then fall into a bush and ditch. They breed them tough in the valleys though and he only lost 40 seconds.

A lot of the anti Sky stuff is because they aren't French. Pure and simple. Sky took what the British track cycling team had done and applied it to road racing. Thomas is getting accusations of being a doper too, because of his track background, but he was also a junior road racer, winning the junior Paris-Roubaix

#8 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

Looks like Froomey is nailed on to win Le Tour now.  First ever Briton to do it twice! 

Why is this certain with one stage to go?  Do they not bother to race it?

#9 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 10:01 PM

It's tradition that the last stage is more or less a procession into Paris. Quintana and Movistar could choose to try and take enough time to win the tour, but the teams of the sprinters probably wouldn't let them get away with it and nor would Sky!

That was a tense stage today. The boy Quintana done well, he always seems to be OK with Froome too, shaking hands after the stage and a couple of stages back I saw him pat Froomey on the back at the roll out. 

First African to win the tour twice and he won King of the Mountains too :)

#10 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:01 AM

It's tradition that the last stage is more or less a procession into Paris. Quintana and Movistar could choose to try and take enough time to win the tour, but the teams of the sprinters probably wouldn't let them get away with it and nor would Sky!

That was a tense stage today. The boy Quintana done well, he always seems to be OK with Froome too, shaking hands after the stage and a couple of stages back I saw him pat Froomey on the back at the roll out. 

Yep, that was a hell of a fight.  Froome gave everything to hang onto his lead.  Thomas and Porte did really well to protect him until the sprint.

#11 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 10:06 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnndddddddddddddddddddddd relax :)

Although we could have relaxed yesterday really :)

I think Froomey has been suffering from a bug the last few days as he's been coughing a bit. Suffered from a bag caught in his gears today.

Looking forward to next year's Tour already, although I can't see it being as punishingly mountainous as this year, which wouldn't help Quintana. Another year in the Yate's twins legs should make them more serious challengers and Geraint Thomas should be thinking about a podium place.

#12 Valium

Valium

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:41 PM

Let's hope they don't find anything in his piss five years from now.

#13 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,460 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 08:27 AM

Let's hope they don't find anything in his piss five years from now.

The Armstrong affair has been so toxic.  Now anyone who improves is suspected.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users