Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 09 July 2015 - 01:57 PM

You ever served your country?

We're not the ones hinting at suicide over this. At worst, I'd just go away again.
And FWIW, Fade To Black was on Ride The Lightning.

And I DO spend more time with the family now. I basically post in the morning before everyone is up, during gaps at work, and after they've gone to bed. It's been quite nice.

What's not enjoyable is logging on, checking the new activity, and seeing the same person as the last poster on EVERY TOPIC on the front page. Hell, not even ORF could pull that off. That goes beyond obnoxious; now you're getting into "you've got real issues" territory. It's too bad my friend the Psych Professor at UCONN hates Rush. He'd have a field day with this.
I've got no idea who you are. Moog, fake-Jarg, fake Baggyns and whatever other sock you're running around with. I'm just one of a number of people who aren't really entertained by your act.
I hope you get help. I don't think the message board therapy is working. Sounds like maybe you had some personal crap happen, and if it's true, yeah, that would suck. But even if you were to drive off every last person on the board, it's not gonna help.

And thanks for getting Hemi kicked out of TG.

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#43 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

Actually driving off everyone on the board (especially the old boring ones) would be pretty bitchin'.

#44 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

You ever served your country?

I tried. Twice. In '92 I did a quickie audition for the Marine Drum and Bugle Corps in Illinois. And in 2000 I took the ASVAB and physical for the Marines to go into their music program. But by then I was 31. In the pre-9/11 world you couldn't enlist after 30.

But my dad was in the Navy in the 60's, and my uncle was wounded in the Chosin Reservoir siege in Korea in the 50's, so I have an appreciation for service.
What are you getting at?

Hey...where's Perry?

#45 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:11 PM

Draw your own conclusions.

#46 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

What the fuck is actually going on? This some shit that happened before my time here.

The fuks giveth and the fuks taketh away. Circle of life, or fuks. Whatever

• Slut Puppy likes this

Pure fat, topped with a layer of fat - Alex Lifeson

The sewer pipe queen

Dangles my dream
Makes all that I've seen
Seem so obscene - Kings X, Skeptical Winds

#47 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:18 PM

Draw your own conclusions.

My own conclusions are that if you need help, you need to see a professional. They CAN help. We can't. All we're gonna do (intentionally or not) is stir up the shit even more. Assuming this is all real, it'll eventually lead to a meltdown in your real world.
  • Three Eyes likes this

Hey...where's Perry?

#48 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:20 PM

You know, ATW. You're right.

#49 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,515 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:22 PM

4902ec90fd027d6b825ed1b70c5a9060.jpg

It's even worse than it appears but it's alright.

• smoog likes this
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#50 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

What's not enjoyable is logging on, checking the new activity, and seeing the same person as the last poster on EVERY TOPIC on the front page. Hell, not even ORF could pull that off.

...And thanks for getting Hemi kicked out of TG.

If seeing someone run the board is enough to ruin your fun, you're the one who needs some help. That is actually a pretty classic CP thing to do, which you'd know if you had been around or paying attention back in the day.
As for insinuating that 'smoog got Hemi kicked... You calling FJ 'smoog's tool? Cause that's rich. Hemi was kicked because the admins decided to.
When did this place turn from metal to emo?
Old rushmessageboard good/new rushmessagebored bad...

#51 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:23 PM

My own conclusions are that if you need help, you need to see a professional. They CAN help. We can't. All we're gonna do (intentionally or not) is stir up the shit even more. Assuming this is all real, it'll eventually lead to a meltdown in your real world.

The internet was founded on the precept of stirring up shit. You can't have shit stirring without the internet and vice versa.

• smoog likes this

The sewer pipe queen

Dangles my dream
Makes all that I've seen

#52 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:26 PM

When did this place turn from metal to emo?

Maybe we can get Robert Smith do his version of Master of Puppets? Metal emo, baybee!!

• smoog likes this

The sewer pipe queen

Dangles my dream
Makes all that I've seen

#53 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:27 PM

The internet was founded on the precept of stirring up shit. You can't have shit stirring without the internet and vice versa.

Personally, I like my shit shaken, not stirred but that's just me.

• smoog likes this

The sewer pipe queen

Dangles my dream
Makes all that I've seen

#54 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts
  • LocationSaline, MI, SSW of Ann Arbor

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:33 PM

I can definitely do that.  The issue is that you can't and aren't.  You just think you are...

I don't think JARGY was posting at you, Greg.  I think he was posting at the person who's responsible of hi-jacking his visual aspects here....("Don't Surprise me none....")

:banana dance Original:

• smoog likes this

EnjoyCCola.jpgmusicgif.gif

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

Chris Hardwick is NERDIST GOD. Portrait-%20Chris%20Hardwick%20sm.jpg

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

Here's the KITTY! kittyredX.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

:banana dance Original: "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLEH!" :banana dance Original:

"I'm DAMAGED...and I LIKE IT!"

"We are here to HELP each other, not to HARM each other.  Think about it..."

#55 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:36 PM

Anyone else notice its mainly the conservatives who are upset?

Sounds like a COLOG-NUH conspiracy to me!

Either a Zappa or Ike Willis fan, eh?

:banana dance Original:

• smoog likes this

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

#56 2220020

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:37 PM

Who givesafuk?
  • • Any number images
  • • Images of any size
  • • Any number of URLs
  • • Any number of lines

#57 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:07 PM

I'm not Moog.

And plenty of people do find Moog entertaining. 

Just because you're self-righteous doesn't.....

You know what?

Fuck it.

Ain't worth being on this planet if people can't even see.

Everyone thinks I'm Moog, hell, maybe I am but I don't get it because of the PTSD, which I got defending keyboard jockeys.

Then again, after the shit I have been dragged through with this fucking board including

1. Some DBAG trying to steal my wife while I was deployed (after I let him stay with us).

2. Same DBAG swindling goddamn money from people here.

3. The rude fucking comments we had to endure here.

And you all have the nerve...THE GALL to call for someone's head who did you all a FUCKING favor in getting rid of Hemi. The GALL to have this fake aura of "We're a biker bar of Rush Fans" and when it comes down to it, you just all lose it.

Tell you what. Try this wishy-washy shit over in the middle-east and you'll see how well it works.

God-fucking-damnit.

"Life it seems will fade away, drifting farther every day."

JARG, I don't in ANY WAY dislike you.  It took me awhile to understand that people are who they are, and if I don't like it, that's MY problem.  Moog doesn't bother me anymore either.  People are who they are.  This board has the habit of not Deleting stuff and banning people only after egregious happenings by the person in question.  I too feel badly for the Moderators/Admins for the roles they have here, it must be Excedrin Headache #1!  I don't remember this stuff about the upheaval in the person who wronged you, if you posted about it...but that person is looking for a HUGE backlash in the KARMA dept.

It's normal for people to complain about stuff they don't like, and sometimes it can be helpful to them to 'get what they want' (the squeeky wheel and all that) But don't let it get you down, dude.  How's the 'Bad Hair Day' kid BTW?  I thought that was a great post, and the one you followed up with a couple years ago!  THAT'S important stuff, and partially what slapped me around about the 'People are people' platitude. If one wants to, they can learn from ANYONE.  Sorry this has gotten you down, man.  Chin up.  "Don't Worry, Be Happy!"  :wub:

• Slut Puppy likes this

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

#58 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,641 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:11 PM

Also, if you take this place THAT seriously, you seriously need to reevaluate your life.

I don't think it's taking things seriously.

This place is entertaining for people. Most people aren't finding your self-indulgent antics entertaining.

And because you're FLOODING the damn board with the aforementioned antics, they've gotten tired of combing through the mountain of bullshit to find actual interesting, germane conversation.

ARAR has it right. This place is a gathering of friends. Or at least folks interested in the same thing - the band.

It's been here for a long time - and such things do become part of people's lives. Even though it's in cyberspace rather than the real world. It's a hangout. 

What do you do in real life when your fave bar starts getting too trashy, or your favorite park starts to get covered in grafiti scrawl? 

Yeah, you complain and talk about it. And then eventually move on.  

That's what happens in urban flight.... and all that is left in those areas are the people who turned it into such. And that's what's happening here.

Simple, isn't it?   I don't blame anyone for baling out of this place - as much as I wish it wouldn't happen. Becasue yeah, it's getting annoying.

FJ - you are a fucking saint, mods too, for keeping it going for those of us who stay and remember to good times that were here.

That's all I'll say about this shit.  

Oh, also. I'm not fucking going anywhere. Long view folks. Long view. The shit can't last forever. Unlike in the real world.

• OldRUSHfan and The Enemy Within like this

falconext.png

#59 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:41 PM

JARG, I don't in ANY WAY dislike you.  It took me awhile to understand that people are who they are, and if I don't like it, that's MY problem.  Moog doesn't bother me anymore either.  People are who they are.  This board has the habit of not Deleting stuff and banning people only after egregious happenings by the person in question.  I too feel badly for the Moderators/Admins for the roles they have here, it must be Excedrin Headache #1!  I don't remember this stuff about the upheaval in the person who wronged you, if you posted about it...but that person is looking for a HUGE backlash in the KARMA dept.

It's normal for people to complain about stuff they don't like, and sometimes it can be helpful to them to 'get what they want' (the squeeky wheel and all that) But don't let it get you down, dude.  How's the 'Bad Hair Day' kid BTW?  I thought that was a great post, and the one you followed up with a couple years ago!  THAT'S important stuff, and partially what slapped me around about the 'People are people' platitude. If one wants to, they can learn from ANYONE.  Sorry this has gotten you down, man.  Chin up.  "Don't Worry, Be Happy!"  :wub:

OMG. FINALLY someone who gets me. You don't know how much this helped me to read this buddy! :wub:

• 2220020 likes this

#60 2220020

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 03:47 PM

OMG. FINALLY someone who gets me. You don't know how much this helped me to read this buddy! :wub:
  • 2220020 likes this
  • • Any number images
  • • Images of any size
  • • Any number of URLs
  • • Any number of lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users