64 replies to this topic

#61 xbloodfartx

xbloodfartx

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:36 PM

Maybe because they played said song every tour for 14 years. And I've seen it suck the energy out of a show many-a-times, first hand.  The VT tour in particular comes to mind.  Set momentum killer....

#62 Rick N Backer

Rick N Backer

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:38 PM

Why would they dust that one (RTB) off other than the fact  that they enjoy playing it?  They must know the fans are sure as shit sick of hearing it.

It's their one "chick" song.  Guarantees full arenas.  Every seat that would be vacated by grumpy old men not willing to shell out big bucks to see rich old men will now be filled with a female derriere.  There are women fans who know this song, and album, and nothing else about the band.  A guy I knew had a wife like this, took her to the Vapor Trails tour.

#63 bill1971

bill1971

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 09:18 PM

A handful of fans on a message board does not a fan base make. They probably in the past tours see people react positively on tour looking into the crowd. I'm sure they didn't immediately come here to make sure it was approved by us.

#64 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,798 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:29 AM

Rush doesn't have 'chick songs'. That's like saying Britney Spears has 'guy songs'.

falconext.png

#65 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 02:45 PM

Rush doesn't have 'chick songs'. That's like saying Britney Spears has 'guy songs'.

Well, I know a lot of guys that like that one Britney song where she has very little clothing on and dances around all grindy in the video.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users