• grep, State of Grace, SpaceGhost2112 and 2 others like this

#2 AsIfToFly

AsIfToFly

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:17 PM

Sounds good. It's too bad they didn't pull this out on the last tour when they had the strings (with Audrey stepping out front to do the solo! Oh my!) As it is, I think it would be better to have Al do the solo instead of the piped in violin. It's one thing to have it as a triggered background track during the rest of the song but it's too obviously "not them playing" in the solo.

I wonder if it was originally in the set and they pulled it, or if they will bring it out on the 2nd leg. I doubt they would have the violin sample all loaded up if it was just a one-off sound check jam.
  • EZrhythm likes this

#3 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 31 May 2015 - 02:19 PM

That's pretty cool. Thanks.

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#4 Burger King Diamond

Burger King Diamond

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:10 PM

If they add this to the set at some point, it can't be at the expense of anything else. I've never understood the fascination with this song personally. It's not worth dropping something else around this time period in the show timeline to add Losing It. This song will kill the momentum building at the end of the first set.

• fenderjazz and EZrhythm like this

#5 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

I believe that they are definitely sound checking it because of it's meaning but didn't come to a solution for the strings otherwise they would have certainly added it in.

#6 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

Maybe the strings patch is a place-holder and they'll be doing the song with a special guest.

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#7 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:37 PM

Maybe the strings patch is a place-holder and they'll be doing the song with a special guest.

This is what i think.

#8 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,290 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:42 PM

If they add this to the set at some point, it can't be at the expense of anything else. I've never understood the fascination with this song personally. It's not worth dropping something else around this time period in the show timeline to add Losing It. This song will kill the momentum building at the end of the first set.

It's a fantastic song that has never been played live. I'd rather it take the place of something I've heard live a dozen times.
  • State of Grace and Pressure/Hopenosis like this

#9 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 06:59 PM

Among the most wrongest posts in CP history! Replace DEW/BTW with this, then close set 1 with Subby-D. No-brainer. That show would be legen... wait for it... DARY!!!

#10 Burger King Diamond

Burger King Diamond

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:43 PM

It's a fantastic song that has never been played live. I'd rather it take the place of something I've heard live a dozen times.

Among the most wrongest posts in CP history! Replace DEW/BTW with this, then close set 1 with Subby-D. No-brainer. That show would be legen... wait for it... DARY!!!

Haha. I stand by my opinion. They take care of the die hard fans enough with the second set. They can't drop the GUP songs. The casual fan - and that is the bulk of the attendees - would think what the fuck was that shit if they played it live. Had they played it last night in DC, I might have done something I've never done during any concert ever. Taken a bathroom break.

#11 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

Well, it takes all kinds! In my book, Losing It is hands-down one of their best songs. Would love to hear it with Ben Mink or Audrey guesting.

• State of Grace and fast eddie like this

#12 AsIfToFly

AsIfToFly

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

I like the song although it is far from being a favorite. I just get excited to see anything live that I haven't seen before, especially if it's something different like Losing It.

#13 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

Had they played it last night in DC, I might have done something I've never done during any concert ever. Taken a bathroom break.

You mean that you stayed for RTB? Really?

#14 Burger King Diamond

Burger King Diamond

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 08:58 PM

You mean that you stayed for RTB? Really?

Sure. While not my favorite track for me it's a lot better than the song in question.

#15 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:09 PM

To each his own I guess. 

Anyway if Rush brings Losing It, it will be a high point for me. Maybe RTB is what gets replaced for those nights.

• State of Grace likes this

#16 The Enemy Within

The Enemy Within

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:18 PM

Maybe it's for Toronto, for the DVD shoot, with the guest string(s)?

• EZrhythm likes this

#17 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern, MI

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:33 PM

Maybe it's for Toronto, for the DVD shoot, with the guest string(s)?

Hopefully they will extend each set.  Though I won't be at the shows in Toronto it'll be cool to have a recording of everything played this tour...

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.  I say fuck the pen because you can die by the sword! - Tom Araya

#18 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:40 PM

Since I'm on staff at Circuit of the Americas where Rush played (there is a huge amphitheatre in the middle of the race track), I was able to watch the soundcheck.  They played Subdivisions first and during that, I got out my little binoculars to get a better view.  Then they started to play Jacob's Ladder and they started to tell everyone to GTFO.  So I was able to see the first few minutes of JL, but heard every other song.  But when I had the binocs out, Alex was GLARING at me.  I am sure that he made security tell everyone to leave because I had those out watching them.  It was pretty kickass while it lasted...but wish it lasted longer.  At least I was very close and could listen, just couldn't watch...

If memory serves, it was Sub-d, JL, Losing It and then How It Is.  Pretty sure those were the only songs...but it was pretty sweet to see them just noodling around with the instruments.  Saw the same thing in 84-5 when I got into the Astrodome the night before the Texxas (sic) Jam.  The first year that Peart had the spinning kits.  So I've actually seen/heard Rush play Jacob's Ladder twice in one day...  :D

• grep, chemistry1973, State of Grace and 1 other like this

#19 bordercollie

bordercollie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  • LocationI wish I knew

Posted 01 June 2015 - 01:51 AM

I'd rather them do a Signals Epic Part IV teaser, myself. ;)

#20 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,587 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:18 AM

It's a rare song, and on the rushpetition.com site and I think they want to give this to the fans.  In this format, with the rewind aspects of the setlist, it's just at the wrong moment.  Even worse, they close the first set with Subdivisons.  It's a soft song to close with as it is, but precede it with this, and yes, I agree.  Big momentum killer.  In a more regular setlist, they could find a place for this as a third or fourth song in the set.

• Burger King Diamond and AsIfToFly like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users