• • Any number of lines

#42 Rick N Backer

Rick N Backer

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:03 PM

Dude a few rows in front of me went ape-shit crazy when Roll the Bones started.  He was PUMPED!! 

Did you at least throw something at him?

#43 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,711 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 03:46 PM

Dude a few rows in front of me went ape-shit crazy when Roll the Bones started.  His bladder was going to burst - it was PUMPED to the size of a watermelon, but he still stood there for that horrible song.

falconext.png

#44 Gandalf

Gandalf

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:47 PM

I love how the few rubes on this site hate RTB so it must suck, and yet I see thousands of fans at the concerts I have attended who love it.

But you guys know best ...BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

#45 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,711 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 07:58 PM

I love how the few rubes on this site hate RTB so it must suck, and yet I see thousands of fans at the concerts I have attended who love it.

But you guys know best ...BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's the perfect time to empty the bladder and then pick up a beer on the way back.

The reverb sounds great in the men's room.

falconext.png

#46 KaBoom21

KaBoom21

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:28 PM

What's Saturday, man?

The day after the Chicago Rush show! :lol:

Why did I think the show is Saturday?

Rush/Fri and Blackhawks/Sat. Giddyup!

#47 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:41 PM

go back for the fukkin rap and see clayppol and TPB

It's the perfect time to empty the bladder and then pick up a beer on the way back.

The reverb sounds great in the men's room.

#48 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,711 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 11 June 2015 - 11:50 PM

go back for the fukkin rap and see clayppol and TPB

I've seen it 7 times on Periscope.... heh heh   Well 1 time... guess what I did when RTB came on the other 6 shows I watched????

:P

falconext.png

#49 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:01 AM

went and fukked some nyc skanks!!!

I've seen it 7 times on Periscope.... heh heh   Well 1 time... guess what I did when RTB came on the other 6 shows I watched????

:P

#50 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,711 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:08 AM

Well, you've got the right organ Moog.

falconext.png

#51 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:09 AM

went and pisse don some skanks?

Well, you've got the right organ Moog.

#52 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,711 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:09 AM

You're killing me bro. LMAO.

falconext.png

#53 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:27 AM

went and pisse don some skanks?

Gotta get ur $$ worth, 'smoogy. It's all about desecration. They don't respect themselves anyways. Eventually u go fecal too. That's when shit gets REAL.

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#54 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:37 AM

OKLEHOMAIE STYLE!!!!!!!!

#55 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:24 PM

Oh god, Geddy's voice is gone, and Alex's arthritis is pretty evident in the drop in control he seems to have.
An awful shame.

Saw them in Atlanta, and what you said was pretty much true.

Saw them in Philly? Wow, totally different. Alex was terrific, like really terrific and Geddy sounded pretty good. No, he doesn't sound like he did 30 years ago, or annunciate as well, but I enjoyed it.

I have seen them live a bunch and have most of their concert videos. I've never notice Alex having extra picks on his mic stand before. I've commented to a friend of mine that I was amazed that I'd never seen him drop a pick. The times I've seen him close enough to watch him throw picks out, he's always had more in his pocket. It's possible I'm remembering wrong or just never noticed, but this video is the first I've seen them on his stand like that. I wonder if he's having trouble holding them.

I didn't notice Alex reach for a pick once, though I'm sure he must have. I also noticed Geddy has picks hanging on his mic stand, too. I thought that was odd, since he never uses a pick. Then, I remembered (and saw him) that he uses one when he plays the strumming part on his double neck on Xanadu. (And, he flung it in the crowd after the song.)

I still don't think they'll do another big tour, but they (especially Alex) played much better in Philly. The solo work on WYD and WM were much better than in ATL. No complaints there. The crowd was ferocious in their appreciation during WM.

#56 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 29 June 2015 - 03:35 PM

That's encouraging to hear. Maybe they just took extra long to warm up this time.

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#57 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:41 PM

For Alex, it depends on how much permanent damage he has suffered. I inject myself for my psoriatic arthritis as well. I take methotrexate, and I'm guessing he's on Embrel (he can afford it). It helps immensely, and keeps new damage from occurring, but it won't correct what's already there. My pointer and ring fingers on the left hand are slightly swollen and bent at the first knuckle, and that's irreversible. If I'd been a guitar player, I'd have had to quit. I can't bend my fingers enough to play chords. For bass I can still manage, but certain songs like "Turn the Page", are impossible for me now, since the fingers won't lie flat across the strings.

Hey...where's Perry?

#58 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,952 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 29 June 2015 - 04:53 PM

The R30 tour, Alex was throwing his pick with every guitar change. For the Time Machine/Clockwork Angels tour, he threw picks out only at the end of each set. He threw his encore pick out to my daughter and after Working Man and all of those pick slides, only 2/3 of it was left!

He has a different guitar tech now, and likely having picks on the mic stand is just the way they work this now.

#59 SpaceGhost2112

SpaceGhost2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • LocationTaylor, MI

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:43 PM

I was pleasantly surprised at how good both Ged & Alex sounded at the Detroit show.  Sure Ged sang parts differently and in lower keys / registers, but doing so made it so he didn't have any embarrassing squeaks or squawks. I thought he did a great job.  As for Alex, he had only 1 or 2 minor flubs but I and my musician buddy did notice them.  Nothing big that would ruin a song tho. Just little shit we noticed.  

#60 BinFrog

BinFrog

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:04 PM

I should be so lucky in my mid 60s to kick as much ass as they did in Boston and Philly. Very inspiring.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users