637 replies to this topic

#521 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 25 April 2018 - 01:45 PM

^^^ Well look what the cat dragged in!! Good to see you back here, Grep!!

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#522 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,711 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 25 April 2018 - 04:14 PM

^^^ Well look what the cat dragged in!! Good to see you back here, Grep!!

Meow.

It's good to be back.

falconext.png

#523 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 28 April 2018 - 04:44 PM

Alex Lifeson of Rush, Rik Emmett of Triumph, Mike Siracusa of Sensation and the kids at Guitar Workshop Plus jamming on some blues in 2007.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#524 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 02 May 2018 - 12:13 PM

Some good stuff there.

Well, not anymore. Looks like those videos were taken down :(

Pure fat, topped with a layer of fat - Alex Lifeson

Rush02.JPG

#525 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:47 PM

^^^ Wow that sucks.

#526 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 03 May 2018 - 09:33 AM

This isn't half bad.

#527 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:26 AM

vyNut5X.jpg

#528 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:28 AM

From Wiki's prog-metal entry

History

Progressive metal, as a distinct musical style, was primarily advanced by members of the American heavy/power metal scene of the mid-80s, particularly Queensr├┐che, Fates Warning and, later, Dream Theater. These bands form the so-called triad, the "Big Three"of prog metal, or the most important and influential groups of the traditional scene.

The origins of the genre date back to the very beginning of heavy metal/hard rock and progressive rock, as some bands began to merge the two different approaches. 1960s pioneers like King Crimson maintained their musical innovation while incorporating a harder approach, using dissonance and experimental tones, yet maintaining a relationship to the power chords of hard rock. At the same time, metal/doom stalwarts such as Black Sabbath began to integrate accentuated progressive influences into pioneering records such as Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (1973) and Sabotage (1975).

Canadian trio Rush are widely recognized as bridging the gap between between the hard rock period, English prog and the purely heavy metal genre. Initially influenced by Led Zeppelin, they evolved to combine established progressive rock technique with blues-based power chords. Records such as 2112 (1976), A Farewell to Kings (1977) and Hemispheres (1978) showcased technical expertise while utilizing a more direct approach than the established English prog rockers.

#529 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 04 May 2018 - 05:37 AM

111b4c2265d61dbae85f846d0e754bf0--progre

#530 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 07 May 2018 - 09:48 AM

This is notable for how much reminiscing Geddy does.

#531 baldiepete

baldiepete

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 08 May 2018 - 09:22 PM

Some stunning photos here, especially from the Hemispheres tour. All taken by a guy I know from another Rush forum who is an exceptional concert photographer.

https://www.flickr.c...157641584344984

#532 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 08 May 2018 - 10:31 PM

^^^ Goddamit those are good!! Coffee table book good!

Geddy looks weird in this one. This is the kind of shot that would never make it into a rock magazine. lol.

https://www.flickr.c...57641584344984/

#533 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 01:00 AM

This might have been posted earlier in the thread but it's worth another posting.

According to Geddy, this is the first time they ever played Fly By Night live and it was written two weeks prior to this performance.

Date: 16/12/1974.

#534 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 02:41 AM

Tech 21 Geddy Lee Signature SansAmp

Rackmount Bass Preamplifier/DI with Dual Analog SansAmp Circuits, with Dual Inputs, Parametric EQ, Drive and Saturation Controls, and Effects Loop

GeddyLeePre-xlarge.jpg

And here he is plugging it. This is good because he does a lot of noodling on his bass not to mention a "special guest" makes an appearance at the 2:35 mark.

#535 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,711 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:11 AM

Who is that?

falconext.png

#536 jeffro

jeffro

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:55 AM

Some stunning photos here, especially from the Hemispheres tour. All taken by a guy I know from another Rush forum who is an exceptional concert photographer.

Great pics. Alex's wardrobe choices on the later photos leaves a lot to be desired but great quality pictures

Pure fat, topped with a layer of fat - Alex Lifeson

Rush02.JPG

#537 timbale

timbale

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 03:59 PM

Those are really great!

It makes me wish that there was some definitive record of the video projections that the band used through the years.  Every once in a while I see a pic with an image behind them I've never seen and it gets me so curious.  And with people discussing some of the Hemispheres projections used on that tour (in Beyond The Lighted Stage maybe?) I realize I've never seen a single pic of them....

Courageous convictions will drag the dream into existence.  

#538 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 09 May 2018 - 09:31 PM

#539 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 13 May 2018 - 11:08 AM

I haven't seen this interview posted and I don't believe I have EVER heard Terry Brown interviewed-

#540 baldiepete

baldiepete

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 13 May 2018 - 05:53 PM

^^^^^

If you have 80 minutes to spare Broon was a guest at RushFest Scotland in 2016. The whole interview was recorded.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users