#41 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:55 PM

My hope is that, seeing someone actually out on the sidewalk, I'll get a chance to size them up, at least.

Get that vibe off of them. True fan in a pinch because someone didn't show? That's what I'm looking for, mostly.

The suspense is part of the fun, but also a little nerve-wracking!

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#42 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:58 PM

I totally hear you. The risk/reward thing with CL is what keeps me coming back to it. And yeah, goes without saying that meeting in person is absolutely essential for this kind of transaction.

#43 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

CL prices are creeping down...

Just got an email from a dude trying to get $500/ea for Section 2, Row 20.

How realistic is that? SAP Center website says $154 face value.

#44 Turn the Paige

Turn the Paige

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:13 PM

I did the Ticketmaster VIP Gold package (it was the only thing coming up during the pre-sale that was any good).  I don't really care about most of the stuff in the package, just the guaranteed first 10 row seating.  I'm in Section 2, Row 9, and my Ticketmaster package was a lot closer in price to what you say this CL guy is asking.  And, I still won't be able to see over all the tall guys in the eight rows in front of me!!!!!!

I saw some decent stuff on Ticketmaster resale last night when I was poking around.  You should check that.

• Slut Puppy likes this

#45 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:17 PM

Hey, I'm 5'10" and even I wished I was wearing platform shoes on the floor in Seattle for the CA tour.

Can you bring a box in a backpack to stand on or something? The height disadvantage really isn't fair on these flat floors.

That's one reason I'm looking for close on the floor or up in the 100's!

#46 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:22 PM

The bus is owned by my buddy Greg. I think he's owned it for quite some time!

He just brought her down from Washington State.

I should be on scene around 7pm. Hopefully somebody will have a friend who didn't show up, will score an upgrade, such as yourself or the window will get some late releases!

I got the window before 9 AM and no one was in line. I left to fetch some cafe and went back a bit before 10 to find a handfull of other RUSHians hangin out. When the ticket guy came to the window he had to wait until he could log on to the system at 10. After he was able to log on he said that there were no additional tickets released at that time but to check back periodically throughout the day as tickets could be released at any time up to show time.

Researching parking. Friends are willing to drop me at the sidewalk to give me more time to score a seat!

Gettin stoked!!!

If they want to avoid expensive lot fees there is a train station across the street that offers $5 parking. I imagine others will be utilizing that lot so the sooner to get there the better. Another option that I have used is to find a spot that says No Parking or Permit Parking but is a PUBLIC space NOT PRIVATE. You can then park in the spot, take off your plates, place them out of site and cover your VIN number. The parking patrol then can't ticket your vehicle and they won't tow it away either in this instance.

• Slut Puppy likes this

#47 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:29 PM

CL prices are creeping down...

Just got an email from a dude trying to get $500/ea for Section 2, Row 20.

How realistic is that? SAP Center website says $154 face value.

Quite unrealistic!

Hey, I'm 5'10" and even I wished I was wearing platform shoes on the floor in Seattle for the CA tour.

Can you bring a box in a backpack to stand on or something? The height disadvantage really isn't fair on these flat floors.

We have someone who needs a boost in our group so we are bringing two inflatable seat cushions to stand on. Stacked on top of eachother they will bring our buddy up to height.

• Slut Puppy likes this

#48 pfahmed

pfahmed

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:36 PM

CL traffic has increased significantly as I expected the day of. Some good tickets out there. http://sfbay.craigsl...date&query=rush

#49 pfahmed

pfahmed

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:38 PM

I got the window before 9 AM and no one was in line. I left to fetch some cafe and went back a bit before 10 to find a handfull of other RUSHians hangin out. When the ticket guy came to the window he had to wait until he could log on to the system at 10. After he was able to log on he said that there were no additional tickets released at that time but to check back periodically throughout the day as tickets could be released at any time up to show time.

People show up that early at the box office? Wow. Glad I didn't count on that option. I'd rather pay the online fees and not risk having to wait around all day outside the venue.

#50 Turn the Paige

Turn the Paige

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 23 July 2015 - 08:42 PM

Quite unrealistic!

We have someone who needs a boost in our group so we are bringing two inflatable seat cushions to stand on. Stacked on top of eachother they will bring our buddy up to height.

Hey EZrhythm,

That's an interesting idea.  However, stacking two on top of one another, I would be afraid I would fall.  I have two seat cushions, like something you would bring to put on bleacher seats at a baseball game, but they are not very thick.  And, if I were to stand on them, they would just squish down.  Besides, I'm 4'11", so I need a lot of help!  I'm just going to stand on my seat, and hope they don't kick me down.  I've done that before, and I'm still shorter than everyone else!!!

#51 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:27 PM

People show up that early at the box office? Wow. Glad I didn't count on that option. I'd rather pay the online fees and not risk having to wait around all day outside the venue.

Right, because the ticket window guy said if tickets show up on his terminal they are also available on ticketmaster.

Hey EZrhythm,

That's an interesting idea.  However, stacking two on top of one another, I would be afraid I would fall.  I have two seat cushions, like something you would bring to put on bleacher seats at a baseball game, but they are not very thick.  And, if I were to stand on them, they would just squish down.  Besides, I'm 4'11", so I need a lot of help!  I'm just going to stand on my seat, and hope they don't kick me down.  I've done that before, and I'm still shorter than everyone else!!!

We shopped around for cushions that would serve this purpose. It was quite a search but we finally found what will do the trick. -Two that are about 5" thick when inflated and hold their shape well while standing on them and don't squish down.

#52 Turn the Paige

Turn the Paige

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 23 July 2015 - 09:34 PM

I found my two bleacher-type seat cushion.  I stood on both of them on the floor, and apart from sliding around (which means I'll fall off my chair), they are only an inch thick and squished down.  So, no use. 

What do you think the chances are that they would let me in with a small step ladder?  :P   I have  a little 2-step thing that I use to reach higher cabinets in my kitchen.  There's no way they'll let me in with it.  They'll say it's blocking the row and is a fire hazard.  I'm not even going to bother. 

The good thing, though, is I was just checking the seating chart.  I'm in seat 1.  Don't know if there's an aisle between sections 1 and 2.  But, if there is, they I can maybe stand off to the side in the aisle a bit.  Not sure it will help.

#53 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 10:23 PM

So then you will ONLY need about fifteen more of those cushions!

I wonder if they will try and see if we are attempting to sneek alcohol in with ours. They have a big screw off opening like on air mattresses.

Yes there is an aisle between sections.   HA, I'm in Seat 1 also. ...Row 25 but the aisle I am next to begins with the raised seating on the other side.

#54 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:42 AM

SP did get in to the show! Very good times.
Had a beer with Mac, for you fogies who remember him.

#55 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 24 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

Cool. Just curious, where did you end up getting seats? Or anyone else who got tix last minute, for that matter?

#56 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 24 July 2015 - 05:34 PM

Funniest moment of the show - sometime during the second set, the guys were jamming during one of the songs, and Geddy tried to jump onto one of the amps that was off to the side of the stage. But he couldn't quite jump high enough, slipped and almost fell. No harm done in the end, so he and the crew had a good laugh over it. Ged clearly has not grasped how old he's gotten and should not be attempting those kinds of moves.

• Slut Puppy and EZrhythm like this

#57 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:19 PM

Alex annoying Ged during WYD and Neil crackin up over it was a good moment too.

• EZrhythm likes this

#58 River Alph

River Alph

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

next time wear these

catman-destroyer-kiss-boots.jpg

• Slut Puppy and EZrhythm like this

#59 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:58 AM

Were any of you there at the ticket window at 10 AM? I didn't ask if anyone was a CP'er.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users