#21 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:11 AM

I'm washing it cold in the sink, if that's what you mean.

lol

good design?

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#22 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,039 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

A little cluttered for my taste, but the price was unbeatable.

Hey...where's Perry?

#23 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 18 July 2015 - 02:01 PM

What I described above was at SAP (albet 3 years ago). I got there 1-2 hours before the show, and there were about 10 or so people in line in front of me doing the same-day thing. The whole thing was pretty orderly. IIRC pretty much everyone who was in line got something on the floor.

I don't recall seeing much if anything online in the days leading up to the show. These days it's easy enough to check with the "choose your own seat" map thing that constantly refreshes.

Don't you mean Shoreline Amp? RUSH didn't play at SAP for the TM tour.

#24 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 18 July 2015 - 10:37 PM

This was the Clockwork Angels tour. In fall of 2012 they played SAP (may have been called HP Pavilion back then but same joint).

#25 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationDetroit, ROCK City

Posted 19 July 2015 - 12:30 AM

IMG_3088.jpg

20b17b4b-a49a-4567-bd13-f55bbbaf7850.jpg

#26 Julie

Julie

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

^^^ Killer image!!

#27 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 03:19 PM

Researching parking... If anyone has any golden suggestions, post 'em!

#28 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 21 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

Slut, if you're willing to walk a little bit, there's plenty of free parking as long as you're outside a few block radius of SAP. For example in the past I've parked in the area around St John and the 87 overpass, or south of SAP if you go as far as Park Ave the "no event parking" signs stop. I've also parked downtown, grabbed a bite to eat, and walked over on Santa Clara. Depending on how early you are, you may need to feed the meters for a little bit but that's not a big deal. There are other similar options but you get the idea. I've been to HP/SAP many times over the years and I don't think I've ever paid for parking.

#29 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:07 PM

^^^excellent - forwarded that info to my ride (we're goin in a classic VW bus!!!)

**If anyone knows someone with an extra for San Ho, lmk. I'll be walking up without a ticket.

Would not mind helping out a friend in need. I don't want a crap ticket though.

Something between S102 - 114 would be kewl. Close on the floor would be super.**

#30 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 22 July 2015 - 12:47 AM

Just anecdotal evidence, but there doesn't seem to be too much available on the secondary market for this show, at least compared to how it usually is for other big concert events. Lot less traffic on craigslist, stubhub, etc. than usual. Maybe the hype surrounding this tour is for real, and people actually want to go to the show this time rather than try to profit from re-selling their tickets. I'm kinda glad to see this to be honest.

I'll be curious to see how day-of-show people will fare this time

#31 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:10 AM

Worst case, I'll get to experience glorious downtown San Jose for a few hours!

#32 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:24 AM

That would SUCK.  :blink:  But I'm sure that won't happen. You'll find something.

#33 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 01:31 AM

The adventure is part of the fun!

#34 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:59 AM

^^^excellent - forwarded that info to my ride (we're goin in a classic VW bus!!!)

**If anyone knows someone with an extra for San Ho, lmk. I'll be walking up without a ticket.

Would not mind helping out a friend in need. I don't want a crap ticket though.

Something between S102 - 114 would be kewl. Close on the floor would be super.**

CLASSIC BUS???!!! That wouldn't happen to be owned by someone named Andrea, would it?

I've already got seats on the floor but I plan to hit up the venue window the day of the show just to see how I do. If I score something good you may happen to find yourself enjoying the inside of the arena that evening.

Just anecdotal evidence, but there doesn't seem to be too much available on the secondary market for this show, at least compared to how it usually is for other big concert events. Lot less traffic on craigslist, stubhub, etc. than usual. Maybe the hype surrounding this tour is for real, and people actually want to go to the show this time rather than try to profit from re-selling their tickets. I'm kinda glad to see this to be honest.

I'll be curious to see how day-of-show people will fare this time

It has been quite strange- I had two floor seats and two lower section seats up on CL for about a month before the show and no one on CL showed interest until I only had one ticket left due to word of mouth.

#35 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 02:32 PM

CLASSIC BUS???!!! That wouldn't happen to be owned by someone named Andrea, would it?

I've already got seats on the floor but I plan to hit up the venue window the day of the show just to see how I do. If I score something good you may happen to find yourself enjoying the inside of the arena that evening.

The bus is owned by my buddy Greg. I think he's owned it for quite some time!

He just brought her down from Washington State.

I should be on scene around 7pm. Hopefully somebody will have a friend who didn't show up, will score an upgrade, such as yourself or the window will get some late releases!

#36 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:01 AM

Researching parking. Friends are willing to drop me at the sidewalk to give me more time to score a seat!

Gettin stoked!!!

#37 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:19 AM

FYI there's been quite a bit of traffic on craigslist starting this afternoon. No idea if there are any deals to be had, but there's certainly a lot more people selling tix than there have been up til now.

#38 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:46 PM

How safe is it to buy etickets, pdf tickets, etc over CL? Sounds like a good way to get burned to me.

Today's the day Bay Area peeps! Wooooo!!!!!

#39 Turn the Paige

Turn the Paige

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 23 July 2015 - 06:24 PM

I've never done Craig's List (I assume that's what you mean).  I've bought from two of the scalping sites in the past.  One is LastMinuteTickets.  The other was likely either StubHub or TicketsNow.  A friend used to purchase a lot on these sites.  I've not had any trouble.

I've done electronic download for SF Giants baseball game seats from StubHub, and they were also legit.

#40 LateRally

LateRally

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

I have done craigslist many times, both buying and selling, and never had any trouble. To me it comes down to recognizing that the vast majority of people have good intentions. If you use common sense, you can usually sniff out the obvious scams. And if they post their number or other identifying info, even better. Google it and see what pops up. Also, lots of times people are selling extras and they're going to the show too. In those cases, meet them at the venue and go in together.

Of course there are risks, and no shortage of horror stories out there, but like I said, a dose of common sense is usually good enough. And to me there's not much difference between PDF's and hard tickets. It's all about the barcode. Once a particular seat is scanned the first time, all other copies of that ticket that may exist are immediately invalid. I suppose hard tickets are a little harder to duplicate, but if someone is set on scamming you, it's easy enough to do with any kind of ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users