#3 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:06 PM

ooooooh no!

some college kid could've used that as a mini facebook machine!

#4 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 28 April 2015 - 07:58 PM

More $ for Apple, more stuff for the Apple Cult.

• smoog likes this

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#5 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:13 PM

thiss apple shit is wearing as thin as steve jobs'liver

More $ for Apple, more stuff for the Apple Cult.

• grep likes this

#6 Wandering Hermit

Wandering Hermit

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:31 AM

That was inspired. I LOLed.

Christ I hate Apple products.

• MrSkeptic likes this

Those who know what's best for us...

#7 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,583 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:05 AM

I like the concept of the iwatch.  It's just so butt ugly

#8 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:06 AM

That was inspired. I LOLed.

Christ I hate Apple products.

I don't mind the products so much as the many self-important, smug douchebags that have bought into the lifestyle. Which, oh by the way, has put Apple as the most valuable company IN THE WORLD at over $760 billion. All those counterculture individuals in the cult of Apple.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#9 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,385 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 29 April 2015 - 03:56 AM

I'm all for the eradication of Apple products, but ever since I saw this blender guy some years ago blending up perfectly good items in that thing, it's rubbed me the wrong way.  It's just a stupid waste of everything involved to demonstrate that this blender can destroy something.  Blend rocks or a piece of marble or something, then I'll be impressed.  Blending up a man-made piece of technology isn't demonstrating the power of the blender.  Plus, someone could use that thing you just destroyed, yea?  Even if it's some shitty Apple thing...

But that said, I always derive pleasure from seeing an Apple product destroyed like this...

#10 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:04 AM

yeaqh i dont fuckin get it

all of these assholes who claim to be different

"I LUV APPLE"

they dont have real cocks, just phoney fuckin diildos

I don't mind the products so much as the many self-important, smug douchebags that have bought into the lifestyle. Which, oh by the way, has put Apple as the most valuable company IN THE WORLD at over $760 billion. All those counterculture individuals in the cult of Apple.

#11 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 29 April 2015 - 04:56 AM

I've no love for Apple. But, I've been quite the fan of the Ipod Classic. I really feel that they got it right. And Damn them... They discontinued it.

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#12 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 06:13 AM

the classic is a beast a friendof mine has had his since 2005 one of the ones with the color screen and the wheel that goes click click clik it has lasted that long and the ting is awesome it has a ton of music and has never given him any issues the battery rules it all rules and man i remember last year when we were on the road from okc to kansas city to see primus and queens of the stoned age he had it cranked the whole time and the click wheel was really fuckin cool man i used it the whole time one of the things we had on there was that hank williams jr live and drunk performance hooo boy we were laughing at it for like an hour then we wound up in this sketchy fuckin part of kc after the show and we had our conceleaed carry licenses with us and a firearm, we thought we were gonna have to use it because some crackheads came up to us while we were fillin his vehicle up his ipod classic was with us through all of that

I've no love for Apple. But, I've been quite the fan of the Ipod Classic. I really feel that they got it right. And Damn them... They discontinued it.

• grep and smoog like this

#13 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,583 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

The iPhone 6 128GB is the closest they come to the iPod classic.  I think the classic along with the phone are lacking in the sound department.  The iPod 3rd and 4th generation really had the best sound, and volume for days!  Somewhere near the end of the 4th generation they made the device EU-compliant which means it can't get very loud anymore.  Those Yurpeans have sensitive ears!

• grep likes this

#14 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

I realize the sound isn't all it could be, but the convenience of the device is great. Sound is good enough. Good form factor and GUI.

Fortunately there is a great market for spare parts... and iPods aren't that difficult to open/work on once one knows how.  So until the next great thing comes along, I plan to use them.

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#15 Wandering Hermit

Wandering Hermit

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,649 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:13 AM

I'm all for the eradication of Apple products, but ever since I saw this blender guy some years ago blending up perfectly good items in that thing, it's rubbed me the wrong way.  It's just a stupid waste of everything involved to demonstrate that this blender can destroy something.  Blend rocks or a piece of marble or something, then I'll be impressed.  Blending up a man-made piece of technology isn't demonstrating the power of the blender.  Plus, someone could use that thing you just destroyed, yea?  Even if it's some shitty Apple thing...

But that said, I always derive pleasure from seeing an Apple product destroyed like this...

I dunno Greg. An iWatch is just a piece of costly unneeded crap, a status symbol. I don't think anyone could actually use it for any useful reason that something simpler and cheaper could do better.

I had a friend that always said that Pete Townsend and others that destroyed guitars on stage were douchebags because some kid in the audience would LOVE to have that axe, and could never afford one. I agree with this. But that is because a guitar is a living, loving creature that sings like a sad heart and joyously screams out its praise.

Most modern gadgets are rather the opposite.

Those who know what's best for us...

#16 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts
  • LocationSaline, MI, SSW of Ann Arbor

Posted 30 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

I enjoyed the @Midnight take on the iPhone last night.....some nerd just threw his  iPhone against the ground on concrete and acted surprised when it was destroyed after two throws..... he blamed Apple on 'durability' issues.....wow.....

• grep and smoog like this

EnjoyCCola.jpgmusicgif.gif

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

Chris Hardwick is NERDIST GOD. Portrait-%20Chris%20Hardwick%20sm.jpg

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

Here's the KITTY! kittyredX.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

:banana dance Original: "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLEH!" :banana dance Original:

"I'm DAMAGED...and I LIKE IT!"

"We are here to HELP each other, not to HARM each other.  Think about it..."

#17 The Enemy Within

The Enemy Within

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 05:36 AM

sent from my iPhone...

#18 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 06:21 AM

who givea fuk?

sent from my iPhone...

#19 Valium

Valium

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:28 AM

I dunno Greg. An iWatch is just a piece of costly unneeded crap, a status symbol. I don't think anyone could actually use it for any useful reason that something simpler and cheaper could do better.

I had a friend that always said that Pete Townsend and others that destroyed guitars on stage were douchebags because some kid in the audience would LOVE to have that axe, and could never afford one. I agree with this. But that is because a guitar is a living, loving creature that sings like a sad heart and joyously screams out its praise.

Most modern gadgets are rather the opposite.

Luddite !

#20 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,257 posts

Posted 30 April 2015 - 08:07 AM

I have an 80G iPod video, the one with the Wolfson chip. I bought it before I started to hate Apple in 2007. Really does sound very nice. Don't use it now because my MP3 stash is just over 100G in size these days.

At some point I'll upgrade to a good-sounding Android phone that takes 128G cards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users