#21 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,776 posts
  • LocationRight Field

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:00 PM

This book by geologist Dr. Robert Schoch...pretty insightful  :)

pqcover.jpg

Proud Knobhead

#22 snowcat

snowcat

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

Just about finished The World According to Garp but I couldn't really connect with him until the last couple of chapters.

#23 Soddy

Soddy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

Getting ready to start Going Clear, about Scientology.

Please buy my books so I can send my girl to a decent school.

http://www.kathrynlively.com

#24 Julie

Julie

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:29 PM

Re-reading "Skinny Dip" by Carl Hiaasen. Been on a bender of crime/murder books (my usual fare), and thought some humor at bedtime would be a good thing. Love his work!

And Soddy, let me know how you like the Scientology book. I heard the author on a radio interview a few weeks ago, and the book sounds fascinating!

#25 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationThe French part of Compton

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:34 AM

Just started Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon; second in the Outlander series.

"The best response to those who wound me is to get away from themand wish them well." —Neil Peart

~"Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" —Nightwish~

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

(Ahem...I know Rush has songs in 4/4, but I did not make this meme. I just think it's funny. So please stop pointing this out to me! Thanks.)

Me and the Grace Under Pressure background...forever destined to be parted.

#26 Power Windows

Power Windows

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:47 AM

Who I Am by Pete Townshend

#27 Soddy

Soddy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 981 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:48 PM

Who I Am by Pete Townshend

Very good book.

#28 Soddy

Soddy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 981 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Re-reading "Skinny Dip" by Carl Hiaasen. Been on a bender of crime/murder books (my usual fare), and thought some humor at bedtime would be a good thing. Love his work!

And Soddy, let me know how you like the Scientology book. I heard the author on a radio interview a few weeks ago, and the book sounds fascinating!

Will do. I had earlier finished Inside Scientology

http://www.goodreads...ide-scientology

which was a bit dry. I think that book was an extension of a magazine article.

#29 Power Windows

Power Windows

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

Very good book.

Yes, I was very surprised!  It was so very detailed, and he laid his soul wide open.  Fantastic book.

#30 snowcat

snowcat

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:08 PM

The Girl of his Dreams by Donna Leon, number 13 in the Commissario Brunetti series

#31 electric_chaos

electric_chaos

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:47 PM

Reading the Complete Sherlock Holmes -vol II . Just finished the Great Train Robbery by Michael Chichton which was really good.

#32 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

As of earlier this evening, now reading Voyager by Diana Gabaldon; third in the Outlander series.

"The best response to those who wound me is to get away from themand wish them well." —Neil Peart

~"Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" —Nightwish~

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

(Ahem...I know Rush has songs in 4/4, but I did not make this meme. I just think it's funny. So please stop pointing this out to me! Thanks.)

#33 MaxxQ

MaxxQ

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

Currently on book 9 (Ashes of Victory) of the Honor Harrington series by David Weber (yes, again). I recently got a friend at work interested in the series, so I'm reading one book ahead of him to help me remember details to discuss with him.

Four more mainline books, six anthologies of short stories based in the Honorverse (by both David and other authors), and six books in two separate spin-off series (one spinoff by Weber, the other co-authored by Weber and Eric Flint) to go before I'm caught up, followed by another several books yet to be written.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
English is the result of Norman men at arms trying to get dates with Saxon barmaids and is as legitimate as any other outcome of that activity. ~ H. Beam Piper.

#34 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:18 AM

Reading is gay!

Nothing wrong with loving cock.

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

#35 Soddy

Soddy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 981 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:16 PM

Just finished a book called "Scarlet" by Marissa Mayer (sp), which is the second book in her series, The Lunar Chronicles. The first was Cinder, a twist on the Cinderella story, only here Cinder is a cyborg.

Liking the series so far, I think it's better than the Hunger Games.

#36 Soddy

Soddy

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:22 PM

Just finished Beautiful Chaos, a Doctor Who novel (10th, Donna). Picked up The Orphan Master's Son, which won the Pulitzer this week.

#37 sbach66

sbach66

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • LocationFLA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:31 PM

Hawk Channel Chase, by Tom Corcoran.  Tom is a writer and photographer who spent time in Key West in the seventies, hanging out with Tom McGuane, Jim Harrison, and Jimmy Buffett; he cowrote several songs with Buffett, best known of which is probably Fins.  His novels are set in KW and the lower Keys, his protagonist is Alex Rutlidge, a photographer who occasionally takes crime scene photos for the police and sheriff's departments.  Predictably, he gets involved in and helps solve whatever crime happens to occur.  If you've been to the Keys and enjoy crime fiction, I highly recommend you check his books out.

#38 Power Windows

Power Windows

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 April 2013 - 08:10 PM

The Fort, by Bernard Cornwell

#39 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:03 AM

OK, one downfall to the Clockwork Angels skin is that the "a" and "o" look so much alike that I thought the book title above read "The Fart". I should probably go to bed now.

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

#40 snowcat

snowcat

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 169 posts

Posted 23 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

Waiting for Sunrise by William Boyd, good old fashioned spy caper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users