#281 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:46 PM

West Coast people drink old IPAs.  I just don't get it.  It's pine-dank bitter garbage.  We drink stuff here that has a shelf life of about two weeks.  It really does make a difference!  People who complain about how bitter IPAs are and how hipsterish they are haven't tasted a proper IPA.

Agreed, except Pliny The Elder is my one exception.  Of course I had it ridiculously fresh, but it really in one of the greatest things I've ever tasted, and not too far off from a Sip Of Sunshine or a Focal banger style-wise.

#282 Digital Sam

Digital Sam

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
  • LocationSunny Western NY

Posted 22 December 2018 - 03:09 AM

I make an advent calendar of beer for 23 of my closest friends.
Here's this year's lineup:

3 Heads Strong Arm
Warsteiner Oktoberfest
Uinta Fest Helles
Young Lion Double IPA
Fairport Crown Jewel Buchabeer
Sam Adams Boston Ale
Rohrbach Space Kitty
Flying Bison Rusty Chain
3 Heads Groove Train
Big Ditch Low Bridge
Ballast Point Sour Wench
Moosehead Pale Ale
Ellicottville Blood Orange Hef
Saranac Galaxy Monster
Great Lakes Moondog
Southern Tier Live
Ommegang Goat Milk Stout
Tripphammer Lil Dreamer
Brooklyn East IPA
CB West is Best
21st Amendment Terrible Idea
Victory Storm King
Sierra Nevada Narwhal
Voodoo Love Child
Founders Better Half

That is all.

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]if you trust in yourself...[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]and believe in your dreams...[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]and follow your star...[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:13px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy.[/color]

#283 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 February 2019 - 04:30 PM

The elusive Bissell Brothers out of Maine did a tap takeover at Other Half yesterday.  Took a ride over with my brother-in-law and nephew and did some proper tasting.  We tried Swish, which was every bit as good as I was lead to believe, Here's To Feeling Good All The Time, which was also absolutely top notch, The Substance, which was a little more restrained and very tasty, and my nephew had a Precept Pilsner which was excellent.  The beers were to my experience closest in style to Tree House, just superbly made with tons of complexity.  Swish kicked about an hour after we got there, so I'm glad we got to enjoy it, it was one of my three remaining bucket list beers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users