#221 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,383 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

Oh no.  :lol:

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#222 pjbear05

pjbear05

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOn the Train to Bangkok

Posted 04 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

So I'm in Total Wine last Saturday,getting a Box of Bocks (6 pack Shiner cans) for Mrs. Bear and a mix six for myself when I see an old friend never before spotted in South FL-Bell's Lager of the Lakes, which was my go to when I lived in MI. Instead of a mixer I grabbed two sixes of that. Happy 4th, y'all!

"Can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

#223 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 05 July 2017 - 03:16 PM

So I'm in Total Wine last Saturday,getting a Box of Bocks (6 pack Shiner cans) for Mrs. Bear and a mix six for myself when I see an old friend never before spotted in South FL-Bell's Lager of the Lakes, which was my go to when I lived in MI. Instead of a mixer I grabbed two sixes of that. Happy 4th, y'all!

Bell's does a nice job on many of their beers.  Kalamazoo Stout, Oberon Wheat, and Smitten Rye Ale are my three favorites by them.  Believe it on not, I've still never had their flagship Two Hearted Ale.

#224 pjbear05

pjbear05

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationOn the Train to Bangkok

Posted 06 July 2017 - 02:09 AM

Bell's does a nice job on many of their beers.  Kalamazoo Stout, Oberon Wheat, and Smitten Rye Ale are my three favorites by them.  Believe it on not, I've still never had their flagship Two Hearted Ale.

Being from MI, when I would go up there on vacation I would always try to get into The Eccentric Cafe, Larry Bell's in-house bar in Kalamazoo. Everything fresh, including some limited brews you would not see elsewhere. Two Hearted on tap is a joyful thing to behold!
  • scott14 likes this

"Can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

#225 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:41 PM

I've had now two delicious IPAs from Barrier Brewing out of Oceanside, NY...  Their Tanto IPA is sublime, a total tropical juice bomb, smooth as silk and delicious, and their Suite IPA, similar to Tanto with just a little more dank, also delicious.  I highly recommend!

I had originally tasted their Green Room Pale Ale a few months back and didn't care for it, although it was out of a bottle that may have been on the shelf too long.  I recently saw it restocked in cans, may have to give it another shot.

#226 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:15 PM

Interesting score from Other Half on Saturday, I picked up two-four packs of their collaboration with The Veil Brewing out of Richmond, Va.  It's called Coir Boiz, an Imperial Double IPA brewed with "400 lbs of coconut", and it's really interesting and tasty.  Big tropical, funky, juicy hops up front, with a fresh, almost coconut-water like finish.  Just a bare hint of sweetness, and the coconut aromas are earthy and weird.  They say it's a nod to the coir (coconut husk) fiber ropes used to trellis hop growing.  Very delicious!

#227 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 27 July 2017 - 08:32 PM

So, my local distributor that I've been praising these past few months has officially achieved BEER GOD STATUS...  He got me muthaf#ckin' Lawson's Sip Of Sunshine!!!  Woot!

#228 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 31 August 2017 - 03:36 PM

The trip trough Boston and on to Cape Cod was a success on the beer front!

Treehouse Brewing had only one offering that day, their Green IPA, but damn it's delicious!  Gorgeous facility, and no line at 2:30 pm...  a nice crowd there but the girl on the POS line even said this was the first time a customer ever walked to her line with no one in front of them.

Trillium's beers are all pretty awesome, definitely lived up to the hype, in particular their Dialed In DIPA, oh mamma.  Also picked up two of their Fort Point Pale Ale variations, both excellent.

Two each of the five Trillium varieties I bought, and six of the Greens from Treehouse made it home, still waiting to be enjoyed over the holiday weekend.  Yum!

A few other highlights tasted on The Cape (none local) were Pernicious IPA from Wicked Weed (outstanding West Coast style IPA), Smooth Beats Miami (a coconut IPA) from Finback, Fiddlehead self-titled IPA from Vermont, and Solar Plexus from The Tap Brewing, all very tasty.  We did go to the local Hog Island Brewery, and it was just ok, kinda run of the mill beer-wise, but a very nice place to visit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users