46 replies to this topic

#41 AsIfToFly

AsIfToFly

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:34 PM

I saw something on the NAMM site that said that it was the actual kit.

It could very well be the actual drums he will use, but it's not clear that nothing could be added or changed. There is no setlist yet, and I think that is what is going to drive what, if any, extra acoustic percussion he decides to use.

#42 Pmover

Pmover

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 04:08 PM

I saw something on the NAMM site that said that it was the actual kit.

And I'm not saying that the photo is not the kit he will use. EZrhythm's post was kind of matter of fact in saying this is the kit as it will stand for this tour, so I wanted to follow up to find out if that was actually an opinion or a straight up fact he is privy to. 

#43 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:47 PM

Straight up opinion, FTW!

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#44 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:50 PM

Maybe I did a fail on that link. I just closed the page, did a fresh internet search and pulled it up again.

I just dig watching the overhead shot and watching the whole kit shake and move as he plays. Cool.

#45 timbale

timbale

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

The electronic back kit wore out its welcome a long time ago.

It was really only an active part of his creative choices for 3 records, GUP, PW and HYF.  (I know it was on one track on Presto...)  After that it was there to replicate some of those songs live, but at a certain point - when the band moved away from the 80's keyboard material live - it seemed like some sort of novelty thing.  "Wow, Neil Peart is god - his drum kit goes all the way around him AND SPINS!!"  When he first had it and was doing things like Red Lenses, where it was mostly the electronic kit, but he could and would hit some of the acoustic drums in his patterns, I was really into it.  It was sonically a cool choice.  But once he started playing older songs on it, like Closer To The Heart or The Trees, it just seemed like he was coming up with excuses to justify having the damn thing up there.  (And of course, the dreadful solo sections...)

Put the tubular bells up there, Neil.  We'll all lose our minds.  ;)

Courageous convictions will drag the dream into existence.  

#46 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:13 PM

Put the tubular bells up there, Neil.  We'll all lose our minds.   ;)

Yeah, I'd love to see/hear those again.   

#47 Pmover

Pmover

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 22 August 2018 - 05:35 PM

Back after a really long time and wanted to have a look at what I was posting about back when I was posting with some frequency. I guess I was somewhat correct. I miss them. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users