#21 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts
  • LocationSaline, MI, SSW of Ann Arbor

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:02 PM

Whomever took them down needs desperately to be dropped into sulfuric acid for the 'TRIP OF THE AGES' :P :D :ph34r:

EnjoyCCola.jpgmusicgif.gif

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

Chris Hardwick is NERDIST GOD. Portrait-%20Chris%20Hardwick%20sm.jpg

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

Here's the KITTY! kittyredX.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

:banana dance Original: "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLEH!" :banana dance Original:

"I'm DAMAGED...and I LIKE IT!"

"We are here to HELP each other, not to HARM each other.  Think about it..."

#22 Pmover

Pmover

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

I'm sure there are a few vdrums in the kit.  Remember he plays samples through those anyway.  I'd like to see real percussion instruments like the old days, mostly because I think we have a better chance of hearing them better live than ever before.  I just think he'll trigger the samples without turning the kit around.

FJ, I have no doubt that he'll still have the two vdrum pads to his right, that sit above the two floor toms and the one next to the Kat, plus his foot trigger and the duaz. It essentially would eliminate the three tom tom pads, the bass drum pad, another foot trigger and the vcymbals. Look at the set up today, pull those items out and you can fit either a real gong bass plus the tubular bells or even a tympani and the bells. Rack the chimes on either side like the old kit, It's all right there. 

#23 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:00 PM

Whomever took them down needs desperately to be dropped into sulfuric acid for the 'TRIP OF THE AGES' :P :D :ph34r:

yeah - I really wanted to hear that jam.... Bummer.

Can't find a copy anywhere else.

falconext.png

#24 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:08 PM

FJ, I have no doubt that he'll still have the two vdrum pads to his right, that sit above the two floor toms and the one next to the Kat, plus his foot trigger and the duaz. It essentially would eliminate the three tom tom pads, the bass drum pad, another foot trigger and the vcymbals. Look at the set up today, pull those items out and you can fit either a real gong bass plus the tubular bells or even a tympani and the bells. Rack the chimes on either side like the old kit, It's all right there. 

I would like to see the auxillaray percussion make an appearance again too but unfortunately it ain't gonna happen.

yeah - I really wanted to hear that jam.... Bummer.

Can't find a copy anywhere else.

I just reloaded the page and it came up. I'm downloading it now just in case.

#25 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:22 PM

I just reloaded the page and it came up. I'm downloading it now just in case.

Cool beans. It's in your browser cache then. The page itself def isn't there. getting a 404.

falconext.png

#26 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:45 PM

Maybe I did a fail on that link. I just closed the page, did a fresh internet search and pulled it up again.

#27 Eugene Debs

Eugene Debs

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 08:14 PM

Return of the Prince

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

#28 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 12:50 AM

Here we go... The kit as it will stand this tour! (left) Just as I suspected for electronic triggers; Three V-drums and one Dauz pad.

Attached Files

#29 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 01:02 AM

But what are those post holes all about?  Kinda weird that he would abandon electronics for this last tour—maybe no endorsement deal anymore...

The kit looks beautiful either way.

#30 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 874 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:47 AM

I added a photo of his full kit for comparison and other enjoyment purposes.

#31 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,150 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 09 February 2015 - 03:01 PM

But what are those post holes all about?  Kinda weird that he would abandon electronics for this last tour—maybe no endorsement deal anymore...

Here we go... The kit as it will stand this tour! (left) Just as I suspected for electronic triggers; Three V-drums and one Dauz pad.

If you think about it, the only reason he needed the back kit in the past was for the solo.  For everything else, there always were plenty of triggers in the front between the few v-drums, Dauz pad and the Malletkat.  I think more than anything, this says that the drum solo will be very different this year.

I moved this thread into the spoilers forum because we've got confirmation and pics now.

#32 2220020

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

nm
  • • Any number images
  • • Images of any size
  • • Any number of URLs
  • • Any number of lines

#33 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,946 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 06:20 PM

If you think about it, the only reason he needed the back kit in the past was for the solo.  For everything else, there always were plenty of triggers in the front between the few v-drums, Dauz pad and the Malletkat.  I think more than anything, this says that the drum solo will be very different this year.

I moved this thread into the spoilers forum because we've got confirmation and pics now.

And let's be honest—that aspect of the solo was terrible.  

Jesus, the Red Lenses solo was massively more melodic 20 years ago.

#34 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

But what are those post holes all about?

a. Always prepared for future expansion / flexibility, just in case

b. Mounting bars / racks for mics, cameras, air dryers not currently in the picture

c. Riser was manufactured before Neil decided to not have the electronics

#35 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:54 PM

A pole. For a pole dancer.

falconext.png

#36 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

And let's be honest—that aspect of the solo was terrible.  

Jesus, the Red Lenses solo was massively more melodic 20 years ago.

The solo part was good, but the sounds awful.  Nothing sounds more dated than cheezy electronic drum sounds.  Sounded like Oscar the Grouch playing for Santana.

#37 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 12:56 AM

he doesnt even use the e drums for witch hunt anymore

besides the solo, since 2002 he has used them for red sector a part of CWA part of the trees and mystic rhythms

he can play all of that stuff on the acoustic set with the 3 v drum pads, the dauz and the pedal.

hell he can even play fuckin scars 

#38 Pmover

Pmover

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:24 PM

Curious. How do you know that this is how the kit will stand this tour? I guess what I mean, is do you KNOW this or are you surmising based on this photo? The reason I ask is that band rehearsals have not even started. They are all still working individually. So even if Neil were to be pulling out the percussion there's no saying he'd have that set up in his home studio or a practice room this early in the game. 

#39 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

According to Geddy on TMS they are woodshedding in their own homes right now and meet in April to begin to do group rehearsals.  I imagine either now he is practicing with that kit or will be come April 1.

#40 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,907 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:44 PM

Curious. How do you know that this is how the kit will stand this tour? I guess what I mean, is do you KNOW this or are you surmising based on this photo? The reason I ask is that band rehearsals have not even started. They are all still working individually. So even if Neil were to be pulling out the percussion there's no saying he'd have that set up in his home studio or a practice room this early in the game. 

I saw something on the NAMM site that said that it was the actual kit.

falconext.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users