8 replies to this topic

#1 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:58 PM

It looks like this show is already sold out. I find that kind of hard to believe. How many does that arena seat? And, do they have a habit of opening up the sections that wrap around behind the stage once it sells out?

It looks like Silver VIP are still available, but I'm not paying that price.

#2 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,586 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:24 PM

It looks like this show is already sold out. I find that kind of hard to believe. How many does that arena seat? And, do they have a habit of opening up the sections that wrap around behind the stage once it sells out?

It looks like Silver VIP are still available, but I'm not paying that price.

This situation is common if you look at a lot of other tours that feature VIP packages that are these prices and higher.  They will sell eventually and if they don't they will be released as regular tickets the day of show.

As for selling behind the stage, typically they don't do that.  Rush shows are one-sided logistically due to the screen etc.  Billy Joel plays to both sides, Rush do not.

#3 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 02 February 2015 - 05:37 PM

I have tended to like "in the round" shows. Would be cool if Rush could scale back on the vids and try it.

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#4 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

As for selling behind the stage, typically they don't do that.  Rush shows are one-sided logistically due to the screen etc.  Billy Joel plays to both sides, Rush do not.

Lol, I've seen them once or twice. I am aware that Rush do not typically play to both sides.  I also know, though, that once the front sells out, or mostly sells out, the arena / promoter will release additional tickets, sold as obstructed view. I was specifically asking if the Philly arena has a habit of doing this.

I thought I remember somebody discussing that at maybe MSG or somewhere in the northeast on a recent tour. I know that Rush has done it before -not planned, just do to demand - but it may have been awhile.

#5 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:30 PM

If anybody is interested in the show in Philly, additional tickets have just opened up. I checked last week online and earlier this week, and I called the box office. No tickets in any price range available (besides StubHub, etc.) A lot of times, when tickets go on sale, they sell for a standard "End Stage" set up. All acts have different set ups, obviously. Side stage seating for one band may be an obstructed view if there's a lot going on, while others are more minimal.  Rush's management must have submitted their stage layout or requirements. The two side-most sections 115 and 123 just opened a bunch more seats. Not sure what kind of view I will have of the back screens or whatever, but I should have a decent view of big Al. 14th row, section 123 woo!

Also, more seats in Floor sections 1 & 3, rows 3 and 4 are still available, if you don't mind paying $650 per ticket, minimum 2.

#6 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:55 PM

I need another ticket, if anybody has an extra one.

#7 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 01:02 PM

I have some questions. Looking for some help, Philly people.

- where is the pre-show party? Is there a tailgating group or is there a restaurant / bar where people are meeting?

- I am flying in and will have a rental car. I'm staying west of Philly near King of Prussia. Should I drive in an park, or should I take mass transit in from somewhere? It looks like with the different venues together, there is quite a bit of parking. The Phillies are off that night, and obviously, the Eagles aren't playing. So, won't the parking be less crowded?

#8 Rush-O-Matic

Rush-O-Matic

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:56 PM

More tickets just opened up at LiveNation - got one. $176, Floor 5.

#9 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:54 AM

LUNATIC FREEEENGE!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users