• grep, Peter Griffin, Drewsifer and 1 other like this

#83 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 07:27 PM

I got choked up.  This bums me out actually.  But this shit is inevitable.  Getting old fucking sucks.

• Casey, grep, sir clinksalot and 3 others like this

#84 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 04:34 AM

I got choked up.  This bums me out actually.  But this shit is inevitable.  Getting old fucking sucks.

Yep. 

It's hard to put into words for those who weren't there. I've been in a state of semi-mourning all day. 

• Mission Position, Wandering Pixie, sir clinksalot and 1 other like this

#85 Drewsifer

Drewsifer

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:43 AM

Yep.

It's hard to put into words for those who weren't there. I've been in a state of semi-mourning all day.

Ditto!

#86 Drewsifer

Drewsifer

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:43 AM

#87 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,732 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:09 AM

Glowing review from The Hollywood Reporter

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#88 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:19 AM

Yep. 

Same kind of thing happened for me the second the lights went on after the 6/19 Toronto show.

#89 dcgunman

dcgunman

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 03:23 PM

Glowing review from The Hollywood Reporter

They will return. Maybe not a major tour. But a one off here and there or a mini tour. I can't see these guys retiring for good.

#90 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 05:08 PM

They will return. Maybe not a major tour. But a one off here and there or a mini tour. I can't see these guys retiring for good.

Even if they do, for me, it won't be the same. I'm not sure why, but it will feel different. 

• Mission Position likes this

#91 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 02:14 PM

Sure, for the select few who will be able to afford the air fare, hotel and the astronomical amount the tix will cost.

• snow_patrol likes this

#92 bytor11

bytor11

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationChicago 'Burb

Posted 04 August 2015 - 05:11 PM

WOW what a great show, Geddy hasn't sounded that good in 20 years. Where did that voice come from last night? And where was it the last 10 years!?!?!?! As good as his voice has been all tour, this was something else. Alex was off on a few bits, nothing trainwreck worthy, a la R30 St Louis Red Barchetta solo. The roadcrew was having fun with the band. Hope some good pix of the mascots and the Kiss cutouts pop up, mine are blurry messes, ha. Seeing Neil come out to the front of the stage at the end put a real sense of finality to it. Oddly I didn't get misteh at all like I did in Tulsa and Chicago, I was expecting to be a weepy mess throughout the show.

If this is indeed it Rush went out in spectacular style with this tour, thanks for the music and the memories Rush.

• Three Eyes, SpaceGhost2112 and EZrhythm like this

#93 Mission Position

Mission Position

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 611 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 10:53 PM

Excellent - moving, sad, but awesome.... hard to put into words, even though it's been a few days.

• Casey and EZrhythm like this

I am the artist formerly known as Schnoodles, who was the artist formerly known as Prime Mover and Shaker.

Rough Demos: www.jaypsi.com

#94 sir clinksalot

sir clinksalot

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts

Posted 05 August 2015 - 11:37 PM

I am too looking forward to tonights gig. This one will be one for all ages to remember as a farewell to kings. Or is it? I grew up here in the City of Angels during the KMET & KLOS days. Back when the City of Angels had some pretty good radio stations. Not true today. I wan't a big Rush fan till Tom Sawyer hit the airwaves. Never did get a chance to see them live in the 70's, 80's, or 90's. Wasn't till the Vapor Trails tour that I finally got to see them for the first time. And saw them at least twice every tour since then, except I "f'd" up and miss the Clockwork Angels tour. I was hoping they'd come through LA. But I guess the Rock and Roll Hall of Shame was their only appearance. Bummer. But tonight will be sweet. This will be my oldest boy's 5th time seeing them live. And lets hope not his last. One off concerts? I'll be there. Rock on Rush.

Same exact thing happened to us on the CWA tour, we were anticipating them coming through for the 2nd leg and it never happened. 

Did get to see them at the RnRHoF induction though so that kind of made up for it. =)

- Gregg

For the latest Theme Park related news, check out my site: http://www.parkjourney.com/

#95 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationDetroit, ROCK City

Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:30 AM

Just came across this:

• Three Eyes likes this

20b17b4b-a49a-4567-bd13-f55bbbaf7850.jpg

#96 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,732 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 06:45 AM

^^^ I was there.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#97 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationDetroit, ROCK City

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:20 AM

^^^ I was there.

Me too...  In fact, this vid is shot from almost exactly my vantage point at The Fabulous Forum on that wonderful evening!

IMG_0181_zpsjo0rh4kc.jpg

• Three Eyes, chemistry1973 and SpaceGhost2112 like this

20b17b4b-a49a-4567-bd13-f55bbbaf7850.jpg

#98 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,732 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 07:31 PM

^^^ Beautiful shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users