#41 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 25 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

Part of Grand Prize for the Rush covers contest I entered is 2 front row tickets, plus a M&G for this show.

Not getting my hopes up. Lots of good, trendy entries to contend with.

But if I win that will be insane!

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#42 sir clinksalot

sir clinksalot

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:14 PM

Area around the Forum has improved a bit, but I still wouldn't suggest walking around there after the show (before will be ok as it will still be light). 

Advice, if you are going to be boozing it up in the lot, get stuff before you get anywhere near the Forum. 

- Gregg

For the latest Theme Park related news, check out my site: http://www.parkjourney.com/

#43 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 05:36 PM

Going to the LA show, booked a room in Lawndale, about 8 miles south of the Fourm, I know nothing about the area, is it a safe area?

I practically live in Lawndale. It's safe in virtually every area. You're not far from Manhattan and Hermosa Beaches too. Those are nice areas.

Artesia Blvd, west of Hawthorne has some inexpensive eateries and bars. My suggestion is spend a day at the beach, check out the Redondo Beach pier etc. PM me if you'd like more info.

North of Lawndale at night - nothing worth your while.

#44 dcgunman

dcgunman

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 06:35 PM

I practically live in Lawndale. It's safe in virtually every area. You're not far from Manhattan and Hermosa Beaches too. Those are nice areas.
Artesia Blvd, west of Hawthorne has some inexpensive eateries and bars. My suggestion is spend a day at the beach, check out the Redondo Beach pier etc. PM me if you'd like more info.
North of Lawndale at night - nothing worth your while.

If your into the craft beer scene, Torrance has about half dozen great brewery's to check out. Or closer to the LAX area you have Three Weavers Brewery and El Segundo Brewing Co on Main St, El Segundo.

#45 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 08:39 PM

There's also the Abigaile in Hermosa. Great spot next to a Fender Guitar dealer.

#46 ChrisC

ChrisC

• Peeps
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:36 PM

The wife and I will be attending this one!

#47 bytor11

bytor11

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationChicago 'Burb

Posted 15 July 2015 - 07:35 PM

Dammit!!! The rotation has changed and we'll be getting the A set in LA. The tinkering in NJ/NY changed the rotation from B to A.

FUUUUUUCK no HOW IT IS!!!!!!!!!!  :blush: :angry: :mellow:

#48 sir clinksalot

sir clinksalot

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 11:43 PM

I have a feeling that this being the last show of the tour and with the rumors of it being the "last" show that we might get a special show, maybe all songs they've been playing. 

- Gregg

For the latest Theme Park related news, check out my site: http://www.parkjourney.com/

#49 bytor11

bytor11

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationChicago 'Burb

Posted 16 July 2015 - 05:10 PM

I'd like to believe that, but it is Rush and the love sticking to a plan.

#50 pfahmed

pfahmed

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 July 2015 - 03:30 AM

Last minute plan and me and 3 other friends will be rolling in for the show. Any advice on getting tickets? Is the Forum good about releasing tickets the day of at the box office or online? Need 4 tickets. 

#51 Julie

Julie

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:04 PM

Haven't tried in ages, but we got Zeppelin tickets day of, at the Forum. If that doesn't date my last try at same day tickets, nothing will!  :huh:  :P

#52 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,724 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:18 PM

Hi Julie. *waves*

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#53 bytor11

bytor11

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationChicago 'Burb

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:37 PM

WOO HOO Back on track for the B set, thank you Vancouver show :)

#54 bytor11

bytor11

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationChicago 'Burb

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:38 PM

FYI Special Olympics and OP Surf Championships going on that same weekend in LA. I  plan on checking out the surfing finals!

#55 pfahmed

pfahmed

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:43 PM

Reposting this here. Need 4 Floor seats or good lowers for LA show. Willing to buy 2 sets of consecutive pairs. Please reply back or offline pfahmed at gmail dot com

Thanks!

#56 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:57 PM

I am STOKED for Saturday.

#57 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:41 PM

Haven't tried in ages, but we got Zeppelin tickets day of, at the Forum. If that doesn't date my last try at same day tickets, nothing will!  :huh:  :P

Bonzo died the day before tickets for the Chicago stop on the 1979 In Through The Out Door tour went on sale.

Turns out that I was sick as a dog on the day I would have been going to see them......

It was never meant to be....

#58 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:11 AM

I have a feeling that this being the last show of the tour and with the rumors of it being the "last" show that we might get a special show, maybe all songs they've been playing. 

That surely would be AWESOME but unfortunately with the time constraints with the crew, the show can't run longer.

Last minute plan and me and 3 other friends will be rolling in for the show. Any advice on getting tickets? Is the Forum good about releasing tickets the day of at the box office or online? Need 4 tickets. 

Did you check ticketmaster's resale section for that show? The prices are INSANE!!!

#59 Drewsifer

Drewsifer

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 03:15 AM

I'm looking for a pair for LA too. The best seats I've ever had for many shows have been purchased on the day of. I scored great seats, 3rd row Loge at the Forum for Counterparts tour, 2nd row right in front of Geddy's mic in Baltimore for Presto, and front row all access pass for Pink Floyd at the Rose Bowl in '94.

Being close up is cool, but not really that important for me. So if peeps want to upgrade and find a deal before Saturday, and need to get rid of what you have, hit me up. I'll be playing the Tickbastard game all day Saturday otherwise or worse dealing with strangers in the lot.

#60 snow_patrol

snow_patrol

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 11:05 PM

Here in Seattle a bunch of seats became available on Ticketmaste right around 3 pm day of show.  Really good seats.  We scored 7 th row behind the mixing board.  Totally unbostructed view of stage.  It was great.  I think I could have scored floor seats but the guy I was with didn't want to.  Oh well.  Great show either way.  

Have a great time you guys! It is going to be one hell of a last show!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users