OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts
  • LocationSaline, MI, SSW of Ann Arbor

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:09 PM

Hear hear!

I'm not taking a pot at Joe.  I thank him for providing us with a free service and respect him for trying to maintain a libertarian Rush-like spirit of free speech.

But even a biker bar has to have some standards of behaviour, rather than unrestricted xenophobic spamming.

Joe, I absolutely LOVE you for your generosity in shouldering The cost of this place, but I wouldn't mind a $5/month fee, ya know?  Some people seem to think they have the freedom to fuck this place up, and I DON'T agree with THAT.  I also don't agree with moderation anywhere NEAR TRF standards, but if someone is attacking you, you just don't let them in your home!  :(

:EMERIL BAM crop:

• DustoftheStars likes this

EnjoyCCola.jpgmusicgif.gif

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

Chris Hardwick is NERDIST GOD. Portrait-%20Chris%20Hardwick%20sm.jpg

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

Here's the KITTY! kittyredX.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

:banana dance Original: "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLEH!" :banana dance Original:

"I'm DAMAGED...and I LIKE IT!"

"We are here to HELP each other, not to HARM each other.  Think about it..."

#22 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

No trace of Trace.  No Lady MacBass.

No Nuna.

Trace and Nuna are on FARCEbook, I don't know Lady McBass's moniker if she's on FARCEbook....

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

#23 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:29 PM

in short dont change shit fj.

we dont need this place to devolve into some kind of bullshit plce that has something called the sober thread.

#24 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 January 2015 - 07:46 PM

But even a biker bar has to have some standards of behaviour, rather than unrestricted xenophobic spamming.

You ever been to a real biker bar?

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#25 KaBoom21

KaBoom21

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 320 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:10 PM

Buy a Harley, buy the best.

Ride a mile, walk the rest.
  • stoopid likes this

#26 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:28 PM

A Harley would chew up your guts and spit you out in gory pieces!!! :P :)

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

#27 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

You ever been to a real biker bar?

No, I don't think they exist as such in the UK any more, but I would imagine that they have some sort of honour code- don't chat up my woman, spill my drink, or mess with my ride.

So you think CP should have no standards of decent behaviour?

• OldRUSHfan and SpaceGhost2112 like this

#28 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

It does.  They're very loose.

Hemi's been suspended for direct personal attacks before.  I would argue that he deserves a permanent ban not because of what he did, but how he responded to the temporary suspension.

That is, he was unrepentant and enshrined the behavior that got him banned in the first place in his sig for a while.  Essentially, daring the mods to come down on him again.  That kind of disrespect for the authority of the place should earn one a boot, because it's Joe's dime that puts us here, and it's the mods' time that keeps the place with what modicum of civility it has (and yes, it's there).

The thing is, I think we're pretty good at self-policing.  Everyone, even those who might agree with some of what Hemi says, denounces his idiocy.  We permit him to speak, and mock his stupid speech.  And, if you're like me and don't feel like listening, there's the "ignore" function.

Sorry to go all 'Merican on you, but this place is one of the greatest examples of the First Amendment in practice I've seen online.  I think that's worth something.

• Wandering Hermit, stoopid, DustoftheStars and 3 others like this

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#29 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:11 PM

hell  even i blocked him

that sayss somethin

#30 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,297 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:44 PM

It does.  They're very loose.

Hemi's been suspended for direct personal attacks before.  I would argue that he deserves a permanent ban not because of what he did, but how he responded to the temporary suspension.

That is, he was unrepentant and enshrined the behavior that got him banned in the first place in his sig for a while.  Essentially, daring the mods to come down on him again.  That kind of disrespect for the authority of the place should earn one a boot, because it's Joe's dime that puts us here, and it's the mods' time that keeps the place with what modicum of civility it has (and yes, it's there).

The thing is, I think we're pretty good at self-policing.  Everyone, even those who might agree with some of what Hemi says, denounces his idiocy.  We permit him to speak, and mock his stupid speech.  And, if you're like me and don't feel like listening, there's the "ignore" function.

Sorry to go all 'Merican on you, but this place is one of the greatest examples of the First Amendment in practice I've seen online.  I think that's worth something.

But you Seppoes don't have true free speech any more than Limeys do.

Sure, you can say what you like, but you'll lose your liberty in some cases if you do, or a lot of your money.

Hemi has even lost his freedom to post here.

#31 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,501 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:51 PM

No, I don't think they exist as such in the UK any more, but I would imagine that they have some sort of honour code- don't chat up my woman, spill my drink, or mess with my ride.

We had one up where I live. When I told them I rode a Raleigh I got a good shoeing with a crowbar...

There certainly is a need for some naïve new blood round here, I'm losing my Trolling skills :(

At TRF you didn't even need real Trolling skills to Troll, they once locked down the "What are you reading" thread because one of my incarnations said Mein Kampf...

• Wandering Hermit and OldRUSHfan like this

645df0a0-f61a-4f15-a847-b0bdbfe31afb_zps

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#32 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,871 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

But you Seppoes don't have true free speech any more than Limeys do.

In the real world, no we don't.  But I'm talking about an ideal.

Sure, you can say what you like, but you'll lose your liberty in some cases if you do, or a lot of your money.

Or nothing.  The sphincter is a bit looser.  Sure, speech is never 100% unrestricted.  

And then got it back after an appropriate refractory period, with the understanding that he learned a lesson.

#33 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,853 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:31 PM

I'm really flexible here as are the other mods and admins. If you're here, if you post nearly every day you are a friend and this is our hangout. Personally I want people to get what they want out of being here. Be good to each other and treat people with respect. Sometimes things get heated and someone flies off the handle. Recognize that and tone it down a bit. Apologize if it went too far. Self regulate. We are all adults here.
  • grep, stoopid, DustoftheStars and 8 others like this

#34 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,527 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:12 AM

And of course check your racism at the door.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#35 Feverish Flux

Feverish Flux

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:35 AM

Yes.

"I know I don't know what I don't know."

My wife

#36 Wandering Hermit

Wandering Hermit

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,692 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:08 AM

Like the Zep song says, there is still time to change the road you are on.

I hope some of the more 'difficult' peeps here eventually learn to tone it down on their own. That is the only way it really works.

39251518775_10b2b656ff_z.jpg

#37 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:44 AM

I blame the TG problem on FJ to be honest. He's let Hemi take the place over with all of his bullshit. He should have been banned from TG years ago, and he's only gotten worse. A couple of the new members have been mostly trolls as well, with no warnings or anything given.

I'm not sure how you can blame FJ when he runs the place pretty much exactly the same way Julie and Ken ran it.  Nothing has really changed from the "old days" -- as long as it's not a personal attack, pretty much anything goes.  Hemi was just as active and vocal (and peeps bitched about him just as much) when K&J owned the joint.

• grep and DustoftheStars like this

#38 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 01:51 AM

CP is a shell of its former self because

A.  the board has been erased at least 2 times now, with multiple threads and shit gone for good.  Sure, it was all (for the most part) useless internet jibber jabber, but those topics were the roots of the community, so to speak.  People get disenchanted with forums when everything is deleted and you have to start over.

B. the band is not touring and hasn't released anything new in quite some time

C. people prefer the Facebook experience now, they have other interests, and people just move on with life

• DustoftheStars likes this

#39 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 02:09 AM

but facebook sucks cock

not disagreeing with u though Griffin. I think youre right

rather use this than faceskeet.

• C... likes this

#40 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 05 January 2015 - 03:25 AM

Want to bet, wanker? :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users