155 replies to this topic

#1 2220020

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:21 AM

I invited some TRFers to join here, but they're too chicken to join up!
  • OldRUSHfan and C... like this
  • • Any number images
  • • Images of any size
  • • Any number of URLs
  • • Any number of lines

#2 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 01:39 AM

LedRush posted over here for a couple of weeks, then disappeared. 

Too bad. He was a solid contributor. 

#3 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,838 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:09 AM

I would give them a hug, if only they'd post.

(This hug may involve some heavy petting and/or frottage.)

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#4 2220020

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

LedRush posted over here for a couple of weeks, then disappeared. 

Too bad. He was a solid contributor.

Agreed. There's a general sense of disenchantment among certain folks at TRF with how the SOCN forum is modded (it's something Led, Tony, and I have long harped on), so I put the word out that this place might be an alternate to just hanging it up, but there was some pretty immediate pushback.
  • • Any number images
  • • Images of any size
  • • Any number of URLs
  • • Any number of lines

#5 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:02 AM

they banned my ass. fuk the mods.

#6 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,838 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:34 AM

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#7 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:57 AM

they dont know if theyre standin around fucking, fuckin around standing or modding over there

#8 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 04 January 2015 - 08:06 AM

TRF sounds like an awful place.

But this place has deteriorated.  Almost no women any more.  Territorial Games has become downright angry and nasty, full of racism, and requires more modding IMO.  I don't know why anyone new would want to post there, apart from unpleasant characters.

• OldRUSHfan likes this

#9 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:13 AM

I blame the TG problem on FJ to be honest. He's let Hemi take the place over with all of his bullshit. He should have been banned from TG years ago, and he's only gotten worse. A couple of the new members have been mostly trolls as well, with no warnings or anything given.
  • OldRUSHfan, pjbear05 and Moving Target like this

Hey...where's Perry?

#10 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • LocationThe French part of Compton

Posted 04 January 2015 - 11:16 AM

To call them pussies is an insult to pussies everywhere.

But yeah, MT is right...the last 2 crashes here have lessened the activity here. A lot of people I used to see from time to time I don't even think have re-registered here again. :(

• stoopid, OldRUSHfan, pjbear05 and 1 other like this
"The best response to those who wound me is to get away from themand wish them well." —Neil Peart

~"Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" —Nightwish~

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

(Ahem...I know Rush has songs in 4/4, but I did not make this meme. I just think it's funny. So please stop pointing this out to me! Thanks.)

Me and the Grace Under Pressure background...forever destined to be parted.

#11 EZrhythm

EZrhythm

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

See what happens when you don't include free RUSH swag with each registration? I heard that half didn't come back because they heard that most of the emoticon choices were nixed.

Maybe we should up the incentive and reduce the amount of time required to sit at the timeshare seminar before registration is approved.

• stoopid likes this

#12 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,813 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:01 PM

I blame the TG problem on FJ to be honest. He's let Hemi take the place over with all of his bullshit. He should have been banned from TG years ago, and he's only gotten worse. A couple of the new members have been mostly trolls as well, with no warnings or anything given.

Yeah, it's all my fault.  Seriously, I have a hard time keeping the spirit of this board (biker bar of rushdom) vs having it be popular and monetize it.  You want me to do that?  I'll throw ads up, start getting all moop on people and then we'll see what happens.  Instead of paying for this site, it could be making me money.

See what happens when you don't include free RUSH swag with each registration? I heard that half didn't come back because they heard that most of the emoticon choices were nixed.

Maybe we should up the incentive and reduce the amount of time required to sit at the timeshare seminar before registration is approved.

Yeah, I head that.  I can get some swampland in FL that we could make people go and look at as a condition of membership.

• DustoftheStars, OldRUSHfan and EZrhythm like this

#13 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,636 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:04 PM

Yeah. You could just be less generous too and stop paying for the place on your own dime.

Then what happens?
  • DustoftheStars likes this

falconext.png

#14 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,998 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

I'd have no problem paying a membership fee on the board. It's why I haven't bitched more about the trolls like Hemi, mcmxii and geddysmoog. But they are killing the board.
  • stoopid, OldRUSHfan and Moving Target like this

Hey...where's Perry?

#15 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

Hear hear!

I'm not taking a pot at Joe.  I thank him for providing us with a free service and respect him for trying to maintain a libertarian Rush-like spirit of free speech.

But even a biker bar has to have some standards of behaviour, rather than unrestricted xenophobic spamming.

• OldRUSHfan and C... like this

#16 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

To call them pussies is an insult to pussies everywhere.

But yeah, MT is right...the last 2 crashes here have lessened the activity here. A lot of people I used to see from time to time I don't even think have re-registered here again. :(

No trace of Trace.  No Lady MacBass.

No Nuna.

#17 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:23 PM

A membership fee would kill this board. Fuck ads too-- there's TRF. And that place is dog shit and full of creeps.

#18 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,636 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

Look guys. There are trolls in real life too. Do you allow them to ruin your life experience ?  Or do you compartmentalize them?

Ignore does wonders. I haven't seen posts from certain trolls in months. And i don't care what they have to say.

As to why we don't have as much activity here as in the past? I agree that the most recent crash had an impact... lots of people didn't re-register. And like FJ has said, FB has taken over a lot of what this board offered - conversation. I guess.

Myself, I'm happy for the board as it is. I come here more these days than I do FB and even Slashdot.

But I'll ask this of our CP family here: Put yourselves in the shoes of the admins and the board owner. What you you do to 'bring the place back' - or make it more fun for new members?

I don't want you to answer right away... think about it though and come back to the thread with some ideas in a couple of days, with serious ideas. What do other sites have that we don't, that you think would improve membership?

• DustoftheStars and EZrhythm like this

falconext.png

#19 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts
  • LocationSaline, MI, SSW of Ann Arbor

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:53 PM

Agreed. There's a general sense of disenchantment among certain folks at TRF with how the SOCN forum is modded (it's something Led, Tony, and I have long harped on), so I put the word out that this place might be an alternate to just hanging it up, but there was some pretty immediate pushback.

Didn't you mean PUSS back? :huh: :banana dance Original:

EnjoyCCola.jpgmusicgif.gif

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

Chris Hardwick is NERDIST GOD. Portrait-%20Chris%20Hardwick%20sm.jpg

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

Here's the KITTY! kittyredX.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

:banana dance Original: "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLEH!" :banana dance Original:

"I'm DAMAGED...and I LIKE IT!"

"We are here to HELP each other, not to HARM each other.  Think about it..."

#20 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:55 PM

that forum is so fucking stupid, i crack up at them and how "nice they fukin try to be.

they take everything so seriously, there is this one with a profile photo with some stupid purple hair and she acted all insulted when i called her a stupid bitch.

• Planet X-1 and smoog like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users