45 replies to this topic

#41 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

Halloween '87 at Manhattanville College in New York. I had just gotten the Rick earlier that day. I've just gotten back together with the guitarist, who until 2 weeks ago I hadn't seen since '93. He's an engineer. His hobby is buying Marshall, Fender and other expensive amps, tearing them apart and then building hybrids with the individual components.Attached File  image.jpg   116.69K   18 downloads

Attached File  image.jpg   126.13K   18 downloads
With Larry Junstrom of .38 Special in July '93 in Salt Lake. He fried his amp during the sound check and wound up using mine. We opened for Steppenwolf, BTO, Peter Frampton, Stephen Stills, 38 Special and Bad Company at that show.

Hey...where's Perry?

#42 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

Halloween '87 at Manhattanville College in New York. I had just gotten the Rick earlier that day. I've just gotten back together with the guitarist, who until 2 weeks ago I hadn't seen since '93. He's an engineer. His hobby is buying Marshall, Fender and other expensive amps, tearing them apart and then building hybrids with the individual components.attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg
With Larry Junstrom of .38 Special in July '93 in Salt Lake. He fried his amp during the sound check and wound up using mine. We opened for Steppenwolf, BTO, Peter Frampton, Stephen Stills, 38 Special and Bad Company at that show.

That's cool! 

You had the same setup as I did when I started out.

A nice new Ric 4001 and that same Peavey 115 combo amp with the parametric EQ. 

I still have that amp although it was fitted with a new Black Widow two years ago. 

Sometimes I go retro and plug the Ric into the old Peavey and put on 90125.....ahhh memories of 1984...

#43 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,012 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

I got the Rick and amp earlier that day from a college friend. $400 total for both! My friend then realized he needed the amp back because it was still his brother's. I traded the bass a year or two later for a Guild Pilot Fretless. Oops!

Hey...where's Perry?

#44 Hemisfears

Hemisfears

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,807 posts
  • LocationBetween Chicago & Milwaukee

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

I got the Rick and amp earlier that day from a college friend. $400 total for both! My friend then realized he needed the amp back because it was still his brother's. I traded the bass a year or two later for a Guild Pilot Fretless. Oops!

:shrug:

#45 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:04 AM

Glory days...they'll pass you by...good times, eh???

I played tambourine in a garage band, does that count???

< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

#46 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 12:58 AM

Thread killer strikes again...sniff...

< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users