• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 08:58 PM

Saw this on Yahooo....worth a try! 

Two-Ingredient Pizza Dough
by The Slow Roasted Italian
Makes 1 pizza

I swear it works, don’t ask me why. And, no, the dough doesn’t taste like yogurt, it tastes heavenly.

1 cup Greek yogurt
1–1 ½ cups self-rising flour

Note: If you can’t find self-rising flour, you can substitute 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour, 1 ½ tsp. baking powder, and ¾ tsp. of salt.*

Mix ingredients in a bowl until it starts to come together, then knead it on a well-floured surface for about 8–10 minutes. Add in a little bit of flour at a time if the dough is too sticky. Form it into the pizza shape and size you want.

Brush with olive oil, add toppings, and put straight into a 450°F oven for 10–12 minutes

*makes it kind of a lie then, huh?

#2 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,763 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:39 AM

Baking powder dough for pizza? Sounds like pillsbury. I'd try it but It's too easy to make yeast dough.

#3 pjbear05

pjbear05

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • LocationOn the Train to Bangkok

Posted 16 October 2014 - 01:10 AM

I get the yogurt, the cultures in it would substitute for the yeast, but self-rising flour?   Jeez even the pizza in a box kits from the early 60's used flour and yeast (my parents were partial to Appian Way brand).

The Lazy Assed Italian needs pizzamaking.com

"Can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users