stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

New live material! You're welcome! ;)

Hell yes, great way to start the day.  Excellent choices and performances of some of their older songs.

You going to any shows this next tour?  Boston is very tempting for me.

Putting the oOgEyMe back in Boogeymen.

#165 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,032 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 03:49 PM

I'm hoping against hope that they play the Suhr factory party again this January. It's the only way I'm going to see them, I'm afraid. 

#166 SpaceGhost2112

SpaceGhost2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationTaylor, MI

Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:01 PM

Got my tix to the Detroit show, Feb. 26!  Missed them the last time they played here, 3 years ago I believe? (could be wrong)  Thing is, they're playing The Shelter, which is the basement of St. Andrews.  I still can't believe they're not pulling bigger concert numbers in the states even after all this time!  The Shelter is a small, dark, well... basement venue! Oh well, all the more intimate I suppose.  That's where they played last time and my buddy said it was a great show!  Can't wait!!! :D :D 

• Casey, stoopid and State of Grace like this

#167 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 December 2016 - 03:52 PM

Got my tix to the Detroit show, Feb. 26!  Missed them the last time they played here, 3 years ago I believe? (could be wrong)  Thing is, they're playing The Shelter, which is the basement of St. Andrews.  I still can't believe they're not pulling bigger concert numbers in the states even after all this time!  The Shelter is a small, dark, well... basement venue! Oh well, all the more intimate I suppose.  That's where they played last time and my buddy said it was a great show!  Can't wait!!! :D :D

They're only marginally well known in Canada, where they're most popular.  I'm grateful they're even going to be within a day's drive from me to even consider going.

• State of Grace likes this

#168 State of Grace

State of Grace

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada Eh!

Posted 06 February 2017 - 10:38 PM

Who's checked out the new Big Wreck album, 'Grace Street'?  What are your favourite, stand out tracks so far?

You can order it here, and check out GS Canada and U.S. tour dates:

http://www.bigwreckmusic.com/

Also available on:
iTunes
Spotify

Check out their YouTube channel for song/videos:
https://www.youtube....r/bigwreckmusic

#169 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,140 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 11:59 PM

Video for the first single:

This is great - feels like the singer has calmed down a bit - Less Chris Cornellish.

So cool they shot this at the Orbit Room. I must go there.

#170 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:29 PM

This is great - feels like the singer has calmed down a bit - Less Chris Cornellish.

Maybe on this track.  There's still plenty of Outshined Outshined Outshined yeah.

• chemistry1973 likes this

#171 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 07 February 2017 - 03:31 PM

Who's checked out the new Big Wreck album, 'Grace Street'?  What are your favourite, stand out tracks so far?

I like Useless, and there's several other more rockin' tracks I'm enjoying but can't really say there's any favorites yet.  It might take me a while to dive deeper into this album with headphones.

I'm disappointed it's less like Ghosts and more like Arbatross (or one of his solo albums), but it's still great music.

#172 State of Grace

State of Grace

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada Eh!

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:23 PM

I like Useless, and there's several other more rockin' tracks I'm enjoying but can't really say there's any favorites yet.  It might take me a while to dive deeper into this album with headphones.

I'm disappointed it's less like Ghosts and more like Arbatross (or one of his solo albums), but it's still great music.

The sorrow in the slide guitar solo on, "Useless"!!!!!!!!!  Squeezes the blood out of my heart!

I hope you keep spinning it, and apply headphones for best results. Nuances, and layers continue to pop out for me.

I took the entire catalogue (Big Wreck, Thornley, and Ian Fletcher Thornley), and made a "playlist"... been playing it on shuffle, with the new record. Incredible how diverse, and thick the music repertoire is now.

'Grace Street' is a trip from start to finish - incredible piece of work! The exploration of new territory, while pulling elements of older BW (and Thornley, and Ian Fletcher Thornley) forward, is a delectable evolution in their sound(s). The production is a thing of beauty!

#173 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 February 2017 - 08:51 PM

There's definitely a lot to digest.  No song sounds the same, which is true of most of their albums but they've possibly made it more true on GS.

Digging In is holding some promise, that sludgy section is pretty epic.

#174 State of Grace

State of Grace

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada Eh!

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

After 6 days of marinating in this album... it's hard for me to say I have clear, stand out tracks.  It's a complete piece of work for me now, where my favourite songs are the "last" one that played, and the "next" one playing.  The song I couldn't connect with in the beginning, is in the mix for me now.  It just took multiple plays, and time to worm its way in.

The first time I played the album, I dropped everything, put some trippy lights on, and got comfy on my couch with a big glass of red wine, and hit "play".  Akin to how I would welcome a new album into my life as teen... minus the wine. ;)  I listened to GS with my adult son.  We tried our best NOT to talk during it, but it couldn't be helped.  At times it was exchanging an astonished look at one another, to know we were both digging a certain part.  From this first listen, the songs that immediately grabbed me were (not including the 4 singles released prior to the album):

Comes As No Surprise

Useless
Motionless
The Arborist 
All My Fears On You

On the subsequent spin of the album, "Tomorrow Down", and "Floodgates" made their way in.  They are fantastic songs!  TD rocks!!  Can't wait to see it live!

From the singles released prior to the album, I was immediately in love with the instrumental, "Skybunk Marche"!  "A Speedy Recovery" grew on me quickly with a few more spins.

"One Good Piece of Me", caught me off guard at first, but it's a catchy tune, reminiscent of the 80's.

"Digging In", and "The Receiving End", were slow burners for me... but within the album as a whole, played front to back, I absolutely LOVE all of it!  It's a "420 Headphones" album... put the world on hold, find a comfy spot, and marinate.

SO. MANY. LAYERS.

Keep spinning! :)

#175 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

It's still in the car.  This is how I got into Ghosts originally.  Just played it until there's a full connection.  Thankfully I have no other pressing music to put in, but do have a few recent releases I'd like to get back to.

#176 State of Grace

State of Grace

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada Eh!

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:42 PM

Took in the 'Grace Street' tour, last night in an intimate venue. No spoilers... but they were on fire. Half way mark of the tour and they were in the zone, playing tight, and with great energy.

The new material was fantastic!!

Grab a ticket, shows are selling out fast.
  • stoopid and SpaceGhost2112 like this

#177 State of Grace

State of Grace

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada Eh!

Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

Additional U.S., 'Grace Street' tour dates TBA soon, stay tuned...

#178 State of Grace

State of Grace

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationCanada Eh!

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:53 PM

"Want a free download of “One Good Piece of Me"? Sign up for the Official Big Wreck newsletter today!" 
https://www.facebook...?type=3

(***NOTE:  People have posted that the free download song is actually, 'Tomorrow Down'.  Not sure which song you'll get... it may be corrected by now.)

http://www.bigwreckm...com/newsletter/

#179 Boots

Boots

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationDC Universe

Posted 11 June 2017 - 01:32 AM

I saw Big Wreck open for Motley Crue.  My favorite tracks are That Song, Albatross and The Oaf.  

I love Ian Thornley's song So Far, So Good.  For the longest time I didn't know who sang it. 

I think if a Chris Cornell biopic is ever made, then Ian should play him.  He looks like him and their voices are very similar.  

"Hate in your heart will consume you too."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users