Watched this last night. First thoughts:
- Capaldi is intense, dark and stranger than any other Doctor
- He hardly even registers that Clara is a girl, and there will be none of that annoying flirting between a 20something woman and an alien fifty times her age
- Clara got her best episode to date - there was, for once, some character development for her as she explores what she wants from her relationship with The Doctor
- Why was the dinosaur Godzilla sized? Why was it there at all?
- The episode was basically a rehash of the much better The Girl in the Fireplace
- It was too long at 114 minutes and there were long redundant sequences