#21 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 01 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

Wow, that's really sad to hear.  I've got a couple of his albums going back to his first.  Great stuff...very talented.

#22 RollDeBonz

RollDeBonz

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationHome of the Twilight Zone

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:42 AM

Wow, I had no idea. Sorry to hear. He was a talented artist and a good contributor to the board over the years. I have one of his albums from a few years back.

Man, not been a good night. I just found out tonight that an old school mate was gunned down in a robbery attempt while sitting at a bus stop in NJ.

#23 fast eddie

fast eddie

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,310 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

I remember him on the board, a nice guy...and that song you posted P/H was awesome...thanks, and RIP TomServo...

< He's flippin' off The Man, see...

#24 DustoftheStars

DustoftheStars

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

i remember him. what beautiful music he created.

I don't know, but it's been said: You do or don't and then you're dead
So climb away, get higher, son- never straight, just move ahead
Know, my child, that there is no devil seekin' to cause guilt in the hearts to men.
No evil, save blind faith, ignorance, and the desire for the unprepared to blame others for the devastation left in the wake of change.
Fear not the movement of the heavens above or the earth below for change is what we are, my child.
And if we are reflections of the divine we must roll with these changes, for we are these changes.  

3eebf325-0d00-4d61-8f78-ecc2e0d4f04a.jpg

#25 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,008 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:21 PM

He did indeed sign up for this version of the board back in October.  Never did post though. :(

#26 Mission Position

Mission Position

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

Wow, I had no idea. Sorry to hear. He was a talented artist and a good contributor to the board over the years. I have one of his albums from a few years back.

Man, not been a good night. I just found out tonight that an old school mate was gunned down in a robbery attempt while sitting at a bus stop in NJ.

Oh no - sorry that happened!

I am the artist formerly known as Schnoodles, who was the artist formerly known as Prime Mover and Shaker.

Rough Demos: www.jaypsi.com

#27 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,795 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 01 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

I'm really sorry for your loss, man.

falconext.png

#28 RollDeBonz

RollDeBonz

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 01:49 AM

Thanks guys. I hadn't seen George in a long time, but he was a great guy. Such a tragic way to go.

#29 mocha2112

mocha2112

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hello -

I'm Dave Kulju's (a.k.a. tomservo) wife and I just wanted to thank everyone for their kinds words, thoughts and wishes on Dave's passing. He had a sudden, and obviously, severe heart attack last December.  I am touched and overwhelmed by the response. I shared the link to this thread with his parents and this is what his mother sent me on Facebook:

"Just to echo Mary's comments, I hope some of you see her post. Please know that your kind words and memories are a source of comfort to us as we continue to mourn his loss."

Thanks again, everyone!

Endlessly rocking...

~mary

#30 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 6,008 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 06 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

Mary, nice to see you and thank you for stopping by.  So sorry for your loss.  Thank you for the information as well.  So hard to figure out what happens to your online friends and the connection helps.  Stop by anytime and above all do your best to carry on.  My thoughts are with you.

#31 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:18 PM

Mary, several of us here have experienced rather devastating losses recently, so we truly understand your grief and wish you and your family sincere condolences.

Dave was classy and quite talented and he will be missed around these parts.

--Mike

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#32 DaveG

DaveG

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationMichigan, USA

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

I'm so sorry and so shocked to hear this. Dave was a very talented and very nice guy. I know he'll be missed by many who knew him and many who never met him in person but enjoyed his music.

#33 Mission Position

Mission Position

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 620 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

Thanks for checking in with us and letting us know what happened, Mary.  So sorry for your loss.   

I am the artist formerly known as Schnoodles, who was the artist formerly known as Prime Mover and Shaker.

Rough Demos: www.jaypsi.com

#34 RollDeBonz

RollDeBonz

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

Very sorry for your loss. Dave was a long time, respected member here. It was great he was able to share his talent and knowledge with other Rush fans,

#35 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

Mary, I sent you a private message (I'm posting here in case you don't receive an alert for that, maybe you will for this).

Putting the oOgEyMe back in Boogeymen.

#36 Kirk

Kirk

• Peeps
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

So sad to read this...  Back when a few of us were doing the "virtual" Rush tribute recordings, Dave took my drum track for Show Don't Tell and plopped it into his instrumental version of the song and I still listen to it often.  From my few interactions with him, he was clearly a quality individual....smart, funny, and super talented as well. 

Here's the recording :

https://dl.dropboxus... Don't Tell.mp3

#37 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 29 August 2014 - 10:05 AM

So sad to read this...  Back when a few of us were doing the "virtual" Rush tribute recordings, Dave took my drum track for Show Don't Tell and plopped it into his instrumental version of the song and I still listen to it often.  From my few interactions with him, he was clearly a quality individual....smart, funny, and super talented as well. 

Here's the recording :

https://dl.dropboxus... Don't Tell.mp3

Sick bass playing on that!  He almost did it note for note.

Putting the oOgEyMe back in Boogeymen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users