#762 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 28 January 2018 - 05:15 AM

Mort Walker has drawn his last Beetle Baily comic but he made it to 94, not bad.

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#763 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,421 posts

Posted 28 January 2018 - 07:44 AM

^^^ I didn't know he made it to 44. But RIP anyway.

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#764 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,838 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 January 2018 - 06:22 PM

Ikeas grundare Ingvar Kamprad död.

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#765 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,421 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 04:38 AM

Runs the merch stand outside the gates of hell.

140501180202-13-kiiss---merchandise---re

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#766 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:17 AM

John Mahoney, the dad on Frasier, has died.

#767 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationJust east of Lyra

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:37 AM

Let’s raise a glass down at McGinty’s.
  • MrSkeptic likes this

LYqbjSn.jpg

#768 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:45 AM

Something about Frazier, and Cheers too, that clicked so well. That chemistry right? And the acting chops.

Mahoney was always impressive-just a solid character actor. Uber talented. I always found him watchable in just about anything- his presence told you that whatever he was in was worth watching.

#769 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,421 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:01 AM

He was also really good as the dad in Say Anything.

• chemistry1973 and Bones like this

#770 baldiepete

baldiepete

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 06 February 2018 - 09:11 PM

5_DD03_B3_B_3_FEC_4_A26_A5_CF_19_C1_E9_B
  • Three Eyes likes this

#771 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,498 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

Something about Frazier, and Cheers too, that clicked so well. That chemistry right? And the acting chops.

Mahoney was always impressive-just a solid character actor. Uber talented. I always found him watchable in just about anything- his presence told you that whatever he was in was worth watching.

Funny that he was a Mancunian in real life and in Frasier Jane Leeves played a Mancunian character, but was an Essex girl. It's a funny old world.

• chemistry1973 likes this

645df0a0-f61a-4f15-a847-b0bdbfe31afb_zps

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#772 SJS

SJS

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationJust east of Lyra

Posted 06 February 2018 - 10:49 PM

I learned today that he was more or less discovered by John Malkovich. He started in Chicago theater, and post Frasier, basically worked steadily in Chicago theater, often taking the same pay as the other stage actors. Sounds like he may have had some of the no nonsense personality of his Marty Crane character.
  • Three Eyes and chemistry1973 like this

LYqbjSn.jpg

#773 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:25 PM

Mickey Jones...a "That Guy" in Hollywood. As in, "Hey, I know that guy" ... but don't know his name

character-actor-mickey-jones-dead-dies-p  mickey-jones.jpg?crop=0px%2C47px%2C729px

Was a drummer before actor...Who knew?

From Wiki:

After working as a freelance drummer with various acts, Jones was introduced to Trini Lopez. When Lopez's drummer became ill, he was asked to take his place and eventually became the band's new permanent drummer.

In 1959, Jones left Lopez's band to pursue a degree in Business Administration at North Texas State College (now The University of North Texas). After college, he took a job at Rohr Aircraft in San Diego. Seeing that the life of a factory worker was not for him, Jones moved to Los Angeles to get back into the entertainment industry. He landed a job as a page at the NBC studios, while re-establishing his friendship with Lopez, who had moved to L.A. as well. Jones would again become Lopez's drummer, while Lopez would see much success with hits such as "If I Had A Hammer", "La Bamba" and "America".

In 1964, Jones left Lopez's band to join Johnny Rivers ("Secret Agent Man", "Memphis" and "Mountain of Love") as his drummer. During this time, he traveled with Rivers' band, along with singer Ann-Margret, to entertain the troops in Vietnam.

In 1966, Jones was made an offer by Bob Dylan to join him as his drummer. Replacing Levon Helm, who had quit, Jones would accompany Dylan with the other members of what would become The Band, on his world tour of Australia and Europe. It was during this tour while performing at the Manchester Free Trade Hall in England on May 17, 1966, that the audience jeered Dylan for playing the electric guitar during the latter half of the show. Jones' career with Dylan would be cut short when Dylan had to temporarily stop performing in order to recover from a motorcycle accident.

At this time, Jones had decided to pursue a career in acting. He had landed jobs as an extra, when in 1967 he was approached to be the drummer for a new group called The First Edition, with lead singer Kenny Rogers.

With hits such as "Something's Burning", "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town" and "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Was In)", The First Edition would see much success over the next ten years, even having their own TV variety show, Rollin' on the River (later shortened to Rollin'), in the early 1970s.

mickey-jones-640x337.jpg

• chemistry1973 and SJS like this

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#774 Bones

Bones

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 792 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 06:43 PM

Wow, he was reaLLY  sick......Frasier" star John Mahoney died Sunday of a slew of health woes, including brain disease and cancer.

The beloved sitcom dad's official cause of death includes brain disease, lung cancer and seizures.   Frasier" star John Mahoney died Sunday of a slew of health woes, including brain disease and cancer.

The beloved sitcom dad's official cause of death includes brain disease, lung cancer and seizures. 

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

#775 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 09 February 2018 - 08:10 PM

Damn, Lovebug Starski, aka Kevin Smith, done spun his last record. Hip hop will never be the same. Mad props, brah. RIP

#776 The Macallan

The Macallan

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 989 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 21 February 2018 - 04:59 PM

Billy Graham: Lord, I've come so far in the physical world. I would love the opportunity to reach my 100th birthday and continue your work here.

God: No.

https://www.cnn.com/...obit/index.html

RIP Rev

neil-presto-scarf.jpg

#777 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,436 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 21 February 2018 - 05:07 PM

I guess his god had other plans. Too bad his son didn't inherit some of his humbleness and intelligence.

#778 Saint Ronnie

Saint Ronnie

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 22 February 2018 - 06:58 AM

I thought this was sweet

"The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is...people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction (i.e., the reality of experience) and the distinction between true and false (i.e., the standards of thought) no longer exist."~ Hannah Arendt.  The Origins of Totalitarianism. 1967

I confess I had no desire to die in a Southeast Asian rice paddy - John Bolton

#779 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,838 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:23 AM

"Billy Graham's Christianity wasn't founded on hatred, so I'm going to condemn the most humane part of the man."

Good job, Freddie.  Thanks for reminding us you're a scumbag.

What a fucking cunt.

labente deinde paulatim disciplina velut desidentes primo mores sequatur animo, deinde ut magis magisque lapsi sint, tum ire coeperint praecipites, donec ad haec tempora quibus nec vitia nostra nec remedia pati possumus perventum est.

First our declining morals slid, bit by bit, and then our very national spirit.  Then the collapse became greater and greater, and our principles began to go, until at last, it has come to this age, in which we can bear neither our crimes nor the cure for them.

#780 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,457 posts

Posted 23 February 2018 - 12:52 AM

Armenian???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users