#41 ghostworks

ghostworks

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • Locationghostworks

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:01 AM

well, I don't think you'd have to be a drummer to appreciate Neil Peart, would you?

one more look and listen, I think this kid's got the skills - you may never be a fan but... good lord, man:

#42 ghostworks

ghostworks

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • Locationghostworks

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:02 AM

^ Mastodon - Capillarian Crest

#43 ghostworks

ghostworks

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • Locationghostworks

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:03 AM

[this version of IPB is awful]

#44 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 17 August 2015 - 03:11 AM

well, I don't think you'd have to be a drummer to appreciate Neil Peart, would you?

one more look and listen, I think this kid's got the skills - you may never be a fan but... good lord, man:

Peart is overrated and wears funny shoes when he drums.  ;)  At least this guy wears normal shoes and he seems to be pretty good too. 

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#45 ghostworks

ghostworks

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • Locationghostworks

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:27 AM

like I said, I hadn't heard a lick of their music until that live show

and, yes - being a drummer (and standing front of stage, hard left, basically hovering over Dailor's left shoulder that night) worked in my favor

btw did I mention Clutch absolutely tore the house down? :)

#46 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,597 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:49 AM

like I said, I hadn't heard a lick of their music until that live show

and, yes - being a drummer (and standing front of stage, hard left, basically hovering over Dailor's left shoulder that night) worked in my favor

btw did I mention Clutch absolutely tore the house down? :)

I don't think so but I would definitely concur with that. They're some rockin' mofo's. I find it interesting that Dan Maines and even more so Tim Sult show little to no emotion but Jean-Paul Gaster positively gets into it. 

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#47 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 01 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

Psychic Warfare releases tomorrow...  Very stoked.

#48 ghostworks

ghostworks

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
  • Locationghostworks

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:45 PM

I just checked out 'X Ray Visions' from PW this morning which was a good laugh :D

if I was 14, I would be completely obsessed right now

#49 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 14 October 2015 - 02:48 PM

Psychic Warfare is fantastic, a tight, focused Rock n' Roll tour de force.  It's probably they're most accessible album to date.  A week in and more than half of it is instant classic.  

#50 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 22 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

Tickets secured to see The Mighty Clutch at Terminal 5 in December!

#51 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 19 September 2018 - 06:19 PM

The new Clutch album, Book Of Bad Decisions, is phenomenal!  Similar in style to the last two, with some definite throwbacks to Robot Hive and Beale Street, but with a new producer and production style and a more diverse array of sonic textures.  In Walks Barbarella is probably the most bad ass tune on the album, gravely 70's funk with a sick horn section.  The whole album just makes me smile!

https://youtu.be/rZ9GSFZZY6c

(and someday I'll figure out how to get YouTube videos to come up in a window :()

#52 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts

Posted 21 September 2018 - 11:26 PM

I love Clutch, have most of their records and saw them in Nottingham in November 2015. They were brilliant. But I'm disappointed by the new record. The last two are to my mind their best two albums ever. I wish there was a balls-to-the-wall rocker like Earth Rocker or Firebirds, or Crucial Velocity or X-Ray Visions on the new one, but there isn't. That said, it is a good record. Swampy, heavy Blues. It's good stuff but all a bit meh to me, ultimately.

#53 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 September 2018 - 03:10 PM

I love Clutch, have most of their records and saw them in Nottingham in November 2015. They were brilliant. But I'm disappointed by the new record. The last two are to my mind their best two albums ever. I wish there was a balls-to-the-wall rocker like Earth Rocker or Firebirds, or Crucial Velocity or X-Ray Visions on the new one, but there isn't. That said, it is a good record. Swampy, heavy Blues. It's good stuff but all a bit meh to me, ultimately.

Yes, I can see how if the heavier songs are a highlight this one might be a little lacking.  Personally, The Face from Earth Rocker might be my favorite Clutch song of all, and there's definitely nothing like that here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users