Photo

Falling all over the place (or, where I've been lately)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#41 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts
  • LocationThe French part of Compton

Posted 05 September 2014 - 05:33 AM

LOL. Maybe that could fix my knee problem!

• stoopid likes this
"The best response to those who wound me is to get away from themand wish them well." —Neil Peart

~"Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" —Nightwish~

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

(Ahem...I know Rush has songs in 4/4, but I did not make this meme. I just think it's funny. So please stop pointing this out to me! Thanks.)

Me and the Grace Under Pressure background...forever destined to be parted.

#42 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts
  • LocationSaline, MI, SSW of Ann Arbor

Posted 05 September 2014 - 06:34 PM

"Violence, Violence! It's the only thing that'll make [them] see sense!"- Mott The Hoople, "Mott" :lol:

EnjoyCCola.jpgmusicgif.gif

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

Chris Hardwick is NERDIST GOD. Portrait-%20Chris%20Hardwick%20sm.jpg

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

Here's the KITTY! kittyredX.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

:banana dance Original: "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLEH!" :banana dance Original:

"I'm DAMAGED...and I LIKE IT!"

"We are here to HELP each other, not to HARM each other.  Think about it..."

#43 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:47 PM

LOL. Maybe that could fix my knee problem!

Only by accident.

• OldRUSHfan likes this
Putting the oOgEyMe back in Boogeymen.

#44 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:37 PM

C...

Hi.  :)

#45 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

C...

Hi.   :)

Hi again.  :)

#46 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:48 AM

Hey! Thanks for bringing this post back up, as I just realized I did not update you guys on the latest.

So my doctor seems to think that it is a bone spur. Since we have never received clearance from my insurance about an MRI, my doctor decided to try the knee exercises again but with some variations during a day I was having some particular problems, and that was his assessment. He said that would explain why nothing ever showed up in the x-ray, because bone spurs can be so small that an x-ray would not pick it up. Makes sense to me, but then again, I'm not a doctor.

In any case, it has been exactly a year (as of yesterday) when this happened, and while I'm better off than I was, sprawled out on the floor of my garage a year ago, I am still a long way from being recovered. I am no longer able to do even the few small things I could do for myself. Very frustrating. Seems like a lot of damage for just a bone spur, but every time I have had a fall like this and have broken a bone or done some internal damage, it throws off my equilibrium and what little I had is pretty much toast now. I used to be able to at least walk with a cane sometimes. The last time I tried I nearly fell on my ass. So yeah, this fall has completely compromised what few things I could still do. It has sucked.

• stoopid likes this
"The best response to those who wound me is to get away from themand wish them well." —Neil Peart

~"Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" —Nightwish~

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

(Ahem...I know Rush has songs in 4/4, but I did not make this meme. I just think it's funny. So please stop pointing this out to me! Thanks.)

#47 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:44 PM

That doesn't sound like a bone spur C. I'm not doctor, and I don't want to make you worry needlessly.

But if you're not well along to getting better by now. I dunno - maybe try another doc? Second opinion?   This sounds more to me like structural damage, like ....a meniscus or one of those padding or support structures in the knee.

Again, I'm not doc and I could be wrong. But you're not really healing, so my point is just that: It might be worth it to talk to someone else.

• stoopid likes this

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#48 stone2112

stone2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationLayton, UTAH

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:55 PM

I agree with Greg, find a good orthopedic surgeon and get a second opinion.

Yeah, you! It takes a little more persistence

To get up and go the distance!

#49 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,776 posts
  • LocationRight Field

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:08 PM

Did the doctor rule out cartilage and/or ligament damage? (granted I haven`t read every post on this thread).

I did some ligament damage to my outer elbow and it took about a year to heal (still cracks and pops once in a while)

Proud Knobhead

#50 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 06:24 AM

Well, it all comes back to these tests that my doc wants to run that the insurance is taking their sweet-ass time about covering. Even if I got a second opinion, insurance has to approve that doctor's appointment, and anything that doctor would suggest. So it doesn't really matter who does the doctoring, it all comes down to the same problem.

You must understand that I have other underlying problems besides just this knee. The center of my gravity was on this knee because the other one was broken, so it took on a lot of the work to compensate for the other. Now both of them are shot. I also have muscular dystrophy, so my legs are weak anyway. I have shitty balance as it is, so having this knee fuck up has really thrown everything off. Even if it is something as minor as that, it's more damaging to me because of all the other things I have that are wrong.

• stoopid likes this

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

#51 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:59 PM

It sounds like the insurance company is balking because you're costing them a lot of money.  I would skip the second opinion and call Saul.

Screen-Shot-2013-10-17-at-20.13.54.png

#52 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:21 AM

Who would I sue? I fell in my own house.

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

#53 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

Who put your flooring in? Who built the house?
Who made your shoes?
This is 'Murica; there has to be someone to sue! You just have to dig hard enough.

• Moving Target likes this

#54 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:13 AM

Who would I sue? I fell in my own house.

At this point, the insurance company for denying you care and prolonging your pain and suffering (against doctor's written advice/suggestions).

#55 smoog

smoog

Don't feed the troll

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 01:51 AM

c... ill go kick their asses for u

#56 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 07:37 AM

I could always just move to Canada and spend my spare time pestering Geddy at Jays games, now that they're retiring and all, and I'd have free healthcare, which means I'd spend more time pestering Geddy and less time at the doctor's. I think this is a sound plan.

• grep and stoopid like this

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

#57 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 09 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

I could always just move to Canada and spend my spare time pestering Geddy at Jays games, now that they're retiring and all, and I'd have free healthcare, which means I'd spend more time pestering Geddy and less time at the doctor's. I think this is a sound plan.

Pull a Michael Moore and go vacation in Cuba.  While there, get the treatment Amerika can't/won't.

• C... likes this

#58 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 05:13 AM

Don't think I haven't considered that. Hell, now that it's easier for us to visit our Cuban friends, I might just go through with it.

• stoopid likes this

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

#59 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,405 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 06:57 AM

So, an update: I started physical therapy today, and the therapist says that if some improvement doesn't show or that the therapy is not doing anything, then the insurance might have to approve the MRI. So either way, looks like things might be happening. Yay.

• grep and OldRUSHfan like this

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

#60 A Rebel and a Runner

A Rebel and a Runner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:13 AM

So, an update: I started physical therapy today, and the therapist says that if some improvement doesn't show or that the therapy is not doing anything, then the insurance might have to approve the MRI. So either way, looks like things might be happening. Yay.

Good to see things moving, at least.

• OldRUSHfan and C... like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users