C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • LocationThe French part of Compton

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:45 AM

Hi everyone. wavey.gif

I'm posting this on the slim chance that my "Plan A" and "Plan B" do not come through, so mods can move this to the proper place or close it if I'm out of line.

To give you a brief synopsis of my problem: I have some important business I need to take care of next weekend in L.A.; I need to be in town on Friday (the 24th). I had a ride to get there, but now my friend has to work that day and she cannot go as originally planned. Unfortunately, because I have these commitments, I can't just say "oh well, maybe next time". I still have to find a way there. I have a bus that will take me to a certain point, but it's meeting someone there to get me the rest of the way that presents a bit of a problem. While map-wise it isn't that far; when you are someone who can't drive and have to ask someone to drive on a Friday when traffic is horrible, it might as well be on the Moon and asking the impossible would seem like an easy feat!

As of right now, I still do not have a backup plan, but I will know for sure on Tuesday if the alternative option will be available to me. If it's not, I may need to ask one of the local peeps here for help. I will pay for gas and buy you lunch. I am not a Rockefeller but I'll do what I can. If I were inclined to have children I'd name my firstborn after you. So I guess you'll have to do with lunch. At any rate, I'm putting it out there in advance so that if this thing I'm waiting for on Tuesday does not work out, I do not spend the next day and a half scrambling around for a ride. Then that way if it *does* work, anyone here willing to help can just disregard this post and move along with their merry lives. winking0017.gif

Anyway, peeps in the So. Cal. area (preferably around the Valley/Santa Clarita/etc.), if you can help a fellow peep out, I'd be eternally grateful. PM me for further info so I do not bore everyone here with my life story. Also, I will let you know if any of my other "back-up plans" work out for me so you're not left hanging. Again, this is a "last resort" request in the event that the other alternatives I am trying to arrange should fall through.

I apologize if this is inappropriate or is too pushy or rude. I have never asked for help like this before, and I admit that I feel a little embarrassed about it. But I also believe in leaving no stone unturned, so I would rather risk a little embarrassment than to overlook something that I could have tried. So please forgive my forwardness, if this is the case!

Thanks in advance!!! bow.gif

"The best response to those who wound me is to get away from themand wish them well." —Neil Peart

~"Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" —Nightwish~

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

(Ahem...I know Rush has songs in 4/4, but I did not make this meme. I just think it's funny. So please stop pointing this out to me! Thanks.)

Me and the Grace Under Pressure background...forever destined to be parted.

#2 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:24 AM

Good luck, C!  Hope it works out...  :)

#3 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:40 AM

Thanks; it's not looking good so far but if what I'm waiting for on Tuesday pans out, all will be well.

"The best response to those who wound me is to get away from themand wish them well." —Neil Peart

~"Feeling lonely and content at the same time, I believe, is a rare kind of happiness" —Nightwish~

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

(Ahem...I know Rush has songs in 4/4, but I did not make this meme. I just think it's funny. So please stop pointing this out to me! Thanks.)

#4 fenderjazz

fenderjazz

Insert witty title here

• Administrators
  • 5,763 posts
  • LocationNYC Area Suburbs

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

Worth a try!

#5 OldRUSHfan

OldRUSHfan

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,729 posts
  • LocationSaline, MI, SSW of Ann Arbor

Posted 20 January 2014 - 02:24 PM

Hope it gets done, C! :2  thumbs up:

EnjoyCCola.jpgmusicgif.gif

ninjaanim1.gif

panda.gif

Chris Hardwick is NERDIST GOD. Portrait-%20Chris%20Hardwick%20sm.jpg

oldman.gif

HugeGrin.gif

Here's the KITTY! kittyredX.gif

sfl_glbtsm.gif

"OH!"

:banana dance Original: "PEANUT BUTTAH JELLEH!" :banana dance Original:

"I'm DAMAGED...and I LIKE IT!"

"We are here to HELP each other, not to HARM each other.  Think about it..."

#6 C...

C...

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 06:56 AM

Thanks; I had a friend get back to me earlier this evening to say she can help me out, but I'm still gonna work on a backup plan in the meantime! Always good to have a "just in case".

osanasmall.jpg

SC_banner_new.jpg

Alex_meme.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users