#1 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 12 January 2014 - 02:14 AM

Not sure if anyone is interested but, my Rush collection must go!

PM me and I can give you more information.

Thanks, RSA

#2 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 12 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

My original intent was to donate all of my Rush memorabilia to the RushCon event but I could use some money since I am still not working. If you are interested, contact me and we can discuss the cost. I would like to give this to someone local who can pick up the items. Most items are in blue tubs. All items are in mint or close to mint condition. I thought about Jack Relax or someone else from Chicago but I do not see them anymore on this board.

#3 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:54 AM

"Getting rid" reads as negative.  What is wrong with it?

#4 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 18 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

There is nothing physically "wrong" with the items. I just need this "stuff" to be out of my life and need money to help get me to the next stage of employment and my life in general.

#5 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 20 January 2014 - 09:53 PM

Attached to this post are the partial lists of my collection. This does not include the posters, newsletters and other articles.

Attached Files

#6 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 23 January 2014 - 03:04 PM

If/when you part this out, or would consider doing so, let me know.  I have no live Rush CDs (only a few MP3s) but wouldn't mind getting a healthy jump start into collecting some of their live shows.  That said, it isn't of high priority personally or monetarily, so if this stuff is worth big bucks (I have no clue a live Rush CD's street value) then ignore me and wait for the right buyer...

You still haven't posted ANY sales prices, whether on the entire collection, individual lots, or individual items.  Makes it hard for me to gauge my own interest not knowing what you're expecting to get in return.

Fwiw, have you thought about ebay?  Many years ago I sold my mother's Moody Blues collection and got a decent amount of money for it.  Rush is a much bigger act, and has the kind of fan base eager to buyup things like this.  You'll just need to catalog and takes lots of photos.  Just put a low reserve (say $500) so you don't get raped in case the interest isn't there.  But I suspect if you document things like you did with those PDFs and take some pictures of the groups of items, you could be surprised at the take home even after ebay/paypal take their chunk (expect about 10% to go to them).

Putting the oOgEyMe back in Boogeymen.

#7 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 23 January 2014 - 10:54 PM

I am fairly certain that I do not want to go the eBay or Craigslist route. I do not want a few dollars coming weekly for the next ten years or more. The main collection is the magazines, which is over 200 or close to 300. I think they are worth about $10.00 each. that would add up to be worth $3,000.00 and I am hoping to get $2,000.00. if someone wants the magazine collection, I will give the bootleg CD's. DVD's, press kits, articles, tour books, books, photos, posters and newsletters with the magazines. I want to part with all of this as quickly as possible.

I am hesitant to mention throwing in the bootleg CD's and DVD's since I know those are up for free on trading sites. I will gladly throw those in at no charge with all the above mentioned. I do not have any photos of the collection. 90% to 95% of the stuff is in mint or near mint condition, never exposed to UV light kept at room temperature etc..

#8 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:24 AM

3 grand for the magazines eh? Sounds like you're waiting for just the right hardcore fan to come along. ;)

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#9 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:32 AM

Don't mean to rain on your parade, but I'm absolutely certain you'll never get anything close to your wish price. Hell, even A Beatle collection wouldn't get that.

Hey...where's Perry?

#10 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:47 AM

3 grand for the magazines eh? Sounds like you're waiting for just the right hardcore fan to come along. ;)

I can't even wrap my mind around it. My fanhood of Rush has cooled considerably over the years though. I suppose there are still those out there who are absolutely fucking coocoo for Rush, but even then I can't see $3k or even $2k. Not nearly.

...I'm the whole source of everything.

#11 Always the Winner

Always the Winner

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,996 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 01:57 AM

The Bass Player Mag from 1988 (#51 on your list) may be worth a few extra bucks because that was the premier issue of the magazine. At first, Bass Player was only published every 6 months. The 2nd issue featured soloing. I think the 3rd issue it started as a monthly. I have those all tucked away somewhere.

The only other issue with possible extra value would be Neil's first Modern Drummer cover.

Hey...where's Perry?

#12 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 24 January 2014 - 02:00 AM

^^ After reading that, I'd be interested in a couple of the bass players.

RSA, would you be interested in selling singles?

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#13 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 24 January 2014 - 06:21 PM

I know it's a lot of money! I tried to take an average between the $3.00 to $5.00 magazines and the expensive Classic Rock ones at around $15.00 to get my total. That would be more like $1,500.00 but I was hoping for $2,000.00, which includes all the other stuff, so it's not just the magazines. also I ship this out and that will be an expense also. If I did not need the money, I planned to give it all away possibly to Rushcon or something?

#14 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:13 PM

I have no live Rush CDs (only a few MP3s) but wouldn't mind getting a healthy jump start into collecting some of their live shows.  That said, it isn't of high priority personally or monetarily, so if this stuff is worth big bucks (I have no clue a live Rush CD's street value) then ignore me and wait for the right buyer...

Unless RSA's cds are "silvers" (professionally pressed and printed) and you're in to that, then the way to go about amassing a live Rush collection is via torrent or B&P (mailing blanks and postage to someone with shows you want to be burned and mailed back).

I amassed quite the collection on cd, back in the day, via B&P. Lately, since I've been on the road more than home (and hauling around hundreds of cds and dvds would be ludicrous), I have collected roughly 50 superb Rush shows via torrent. I am personally seeding all those. If you go to torrentz.eu and search for "rush flac" or "rush shn" you'll find most of them. A few can be found at The Trader's Den and Dimeadozen (that I'm seeding - there are plenty at those sites that others are seeding - I just haven't bitten yet). IHTH.

• stoopid likes this

#15 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:16 PM

Dimeadozen was a turnoff (can't remember exactly what happened, but I recall getting nowhere because I was a newb(?)).  I'll check around, thanks for the idea.  There's definitely certain eras I'm more interested in than others, Roll The Bones tour, Signals Tour, etc.  :)

Putting the oOgEyMe back in Boogeymen.

#16 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:29 PM

torrentz.eu would be the path of least resistance. It's public - no membership, no snobs.

I'm personally seeding quite a few shows from those eras atm.

All you need is your preferred torrent client. I recommend Deluge.

#17 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:38 PM

The hard thing about dime is that you have to maintain a trading ratio.  This is a bitch if you don't have anything to share, so it makes it very difficult to get started if you are in that position.  Even still, it can be pretty complicated to make sure the set of files in a torrent are correct and meet the high standards of dime and places like it. Or you can get blacklisted, etc.  I have 400+ shows from trades and torrents, but I don't really do that any longer.  I can't imagine getting started back on dime again, I think they purge their inactive members pretty often.  

I'll check out torrentz.eu though...

#18 Slut Puppy

Slut Puppy

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,208 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 05:47 PM

I managed to download a few shows from Dime once I was on a network I had control over (home for the holidays). Nobody has downloaded from me though, so my account might die soon. Oh well, I was looking to fill in my S&A, TMT and CW shows and found at least one each on Dime that I couldn't on Trader's Den or torrentz

#19 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:10 PM

I guess I will be hauling this stuff out to the trash cans for the sanitation services.

#20 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 08:44 PM

You should scan them and upload them here. What a great resource and you'd get all the credit for preserving the bands history.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users