#1 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:08 AM

This was a class project I created in a beginning HTML programming course in 2004.

#2 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:11 AM

Sorry, I am unable to upload this correctly.

#3 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

Hopefully you did better in the course  :angry poke:

:Jester Used to be soddys fave:

• chemistry1973 likes this

#4 Pressure/Hopenosis

Pressure/Hopenosis

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,610 posts
  • LocationSoutheastern, MI

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:10 AM

If only Obama care website could disappear like that ;)

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.  I say fuck the pen because you can die by the sword! - Tom Araya

#5 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,330 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:27 AM

So few posts, such great delivery...

rofl

#6 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

If only the Obama presidency could disappear like that ;)

There we go.....

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#7 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

If only Obama could disappear like that ;)

Fixed.
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#8 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:16 PM

Beat me to it.

Great minds....

Multiple drafts third line.

#9 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

Chirist.. n0bama so hungry for good news that he's making a deal with the Iraninans.

RIght.... that'll work out well - does he really think we'll forget about the healthcare.g0v debacle.

I was disucssing with come colleagues over drinks last week... We are all astounded, as IT guys, that this thing is so poorly designed, so badly tested, and that it's taking this long to fix in prodcution.   Any one of us would be on the street looking for work if we let something of that magnituge go live while so badly broken. The fix team would be out by now as well, enough time has passed for it to be made right.....

#10 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Hopefully you did better in the course  :angry poke:

:Jester Used to be soddys fave:

I received an A in the course, which is what I received in about 95% of my CGT courses. However, I have not created or maintained any websites since 2009, so I need to refresh my skills. Also, I don't know how to upload a website that is located on my computer to a message board as I do not have the website hosted on the Internet. It is not a complete website like Rush.com...it consists of a homepage, equipment page, a forms page and some external links and some beginning to intermediate graphics. No JavaScript or Flash as I had not learned those programs and still need to learn them.

#11 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:31 PM

FWIW, you could look into the methodology, technology stacks, support communities around Drupal, Joomla, and Wordpress.

All 3 of which are pretty popular Content Management Systems for quickly building websites. Each is very feature rich, and has a number of plugins that extend them and bring new functionality. 

Not sure what your direction is on learning - but my POV is that after having used industrial strenght (and expensive) tools in my day job, it was refreshingto get back to basics with free, and open source projects for my own use.

Good luck. If you have Q's I'll try to help.

#12 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:49 PM

I received an A in the course, which is what I received in about 95% of my CGT courses. However, I have not created or maintained any websites since 2009, so I need to refresh my skills. Also, I don't know how to upload a website that is located on my computer to a message board as I do not have the website hosted on the Internet. It is not a complete website like Rush.com...it consists of a homepage, equipment page, a forms page and some external links and some beginning to intermediate graphics. No JavaScript or Flash as I had not learned those programs and still need to learn them.

No problem... just giving you some good-natured ribbing since your first two posts were the perfect setup.   I'm sure it would be difficult to post a site's code to this board and have it all work.  Would be cool to see how it all came out....

#13 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 25 November 2013 - 04:56 PM

FWIW, you could look into the methodology, technology stacks, support communities around Drupal, Joomla, and Wordpress.

All 3 of which are pretty popular Content Management Systems for quickly building websites. Each is very feature rich, and has a number of plugins that extend them and bring new functionality. 

Not sure what your direction is on learning - but my POV is that after having used industrial strenght (and expensive) tools in my day job, it was refreshingto get back to basics with free, and open source projects for my own use.

Good luck. If you have Q's I'll try to help.

Grep, you bring up a good point. Back in 2004, content management systems were hinted at and over the years, it is now expected that a designer or developer have skills with Wordpress or something similar to allow non designers the ability to make updates or changes to a page or a site without needing to know how to write code.

However, that being said...I need to learn some new ways to code HTML 5 and CSS 3. I could join Lynda.com, but I am not sure I want to pay for a service just yet. Also, how can I load the site here for people to view without it pointing back to my computer. I tried to upload a zipped file with all the elements of the website but when I clicked on the loaded file it appeared to point back to my computer desktop?

#14 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

you need a cheap domain. that's the best thing. sending around zipfiles like that? Heck, I won't even click on one...... Showing off HTML means really showing it live. You know? Part of doing that work is showing that you can get it 'out there'.

There are free domains too. you can probalby get a free (ad supported on your pages) subdomain like redsectora.genericdomainguys.com ... (I don't know any real hosts like that offhand..... )

As far as learning how to code the newer  tech? There are plenty of online resouces man. You almost don't need to buy books these days.

#15 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

Chirist.. n0bama so hungry for good news that he's making a deal with the Iraninans.

RIght.... that'll work out well - does he really think we'll forget about the healthcare.g0v debacle.

It'll be OK......

BZ3DQSZCQAAqS-U.jpg

• Planet X-1 likes this

#16 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 26 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

you need a cheap domain. that's the best thing. sending around zipfiles like that? Heck, I won't even click on one...... Showing off HTML means really showing it live. You know? Part of doing that work is showing that you can get it 'out there'.

There are free domains too. you can probalby get a free (ad supported on your pages) subdomain like redsectora.genericdomainguys.com ... (I don't know any real hosts like that offhand..... )

As far as learning how to code the newer  tech? There are plenty of online resouces man. You almost don't need to buy books these days.

Yeah, the site is so basic and generic and was never meant to be published on the Internet but I thought I would share it here to let fans see the work.

#17 2220020

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,813 posts
  • LocationEast of Lyra, Northwest of Pegasus

Posted 26 November 2013 - 03:51 PM

Yeah, the site is so basic and generic and was never meant to be published on the Internet but I thought I would share it here to let fans see the work.

If displays on your computer, though, right? If so, you could take some screen shots and share those.

• • Any number images
  • • Images of any size
  • • Any number of URLs
  • • Any number of lines

#18 RedSectorA

RedSectorA

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • LocationHebron, IN

Posted 26 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

I'm unable to capture a whole page that includes the background, which is weird because I can capture and entire page, including the back ground, when I press select all on a website that is hosted to the Internet? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users