17 replies to this topic

#1 DustoftheStars

DustoftheStars

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:40 PM

what's the latest? up to august 4? i thought they were going further into august.

$92/tix. thanks a lot, guys. i never could understand it. seems that more tix sold at a lesser price would untimately make more money than fewer tix sold at higher prices. i'll never be seeing them again. 

took my sons to see Coheed&Cambria for less than $60 total. Including the gas money to drive there. Oh, plus a DD run for myself. Same a couple of yrs ago for APC. Hell, this summer even Fleetwood Mac is a possibility for me if i really wanted to dig into grocery money, which won't be happening, but lawns are about $50. 

/gripe

I don't know, but it's been said: You do or don't and then you're dead
So climb away, get higher, son- never straight, just move ahead
Know, my child, that there is no devil seekin' to cause guilt in the hearts to men.
No evil, save blind faith, ignorance, and the desire for the unprepared to blame others for the devastation left in the wake of change.
Fear not the movement of the heavens above or the earth below for change is what we are, my child.
And if we are reflections of the divine we must roll with these changes, for we are these changes.  

3eebf325-0d00-4d61-8f78-ecc2e0d4f04a.jpg

#2 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,776 posts
  • LocationRight Field

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

Who cares- they aren`t coming to Boston or Mansfield... :(

Proud Knobhead

#3 The Gangster of Boats

The Gangster of Boats

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

And too far for me to.

Austin is too damned far for a road trip when they will be there.  I have too much stuff happening and not enough money.

Oh well, I at least got to see one show on the tour.

The Counterparts Hit Kitteh is back!  

#4 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 03:53 PM

Or anywhere in California. No show for us either. 

#5 Planet X-1

Planet X-1

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,776 posts
  • LocationRight Field

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

Or anywhere in California. No show for us either. 

Bummer - maybe they`ll extend the tour a bit....

Proud Knobhead

#6 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:59 PM

Unfortunately no. Geddy has said in recent interviews that they have been working and touring for a decade, and need a break.

So this is it.

Bummer, because I was really psyched on the rumor of 30th anniversary shows at Radio City Music Hall.

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#7 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:40 PM

You are a right bunch of whinging bastards.

They toured the States last year. They're touring the States this year. Seems like overkill to me (I'd rather see Overkill...)

They didn't tour Englandland between 1992 and 2004. Don't you know - then Ray Danniel$  discovered he could still make money here.

645df0a0-f61a-4f15-a847-b0bdbfe31afb_zps

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#8 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

You are a right bunch of whinging bastards.

They toured the States last year. They're touring the States this year. Seems like overkill to me (I'd rather see Overkill...)

They didn't tour Englandland between 1992 and 2004. Don't you know - then Ray Danniel$  discovered he could still make money here.

I get your point. But in my mind there's no such thing as too much Rush. One night a year on average to see them play is all right with me.

#9 nickslikk2112

nickslikk2112

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

I get your point. But in my mind there's no such thing as too much Rush. One night a year on average to see them play is all right with me.

You can have too much Rush. I saw them last year. I'm seeing them this year.

That's £200 in tickets for two shows in dirty great Arenas. That's too much.

I could see 15 shows by 15 "lesser" bands with probably 30 different supports (truss me) in my local 1,000 capacity Rock venue for £200. OK so that's 15 bands that won't be as good as Rush in their prime, but Rush aren't in their prime.

645df0a0-f61a-4f15-a847-b0bdbfe31afb_zps

Old Rush Good, New Rush Bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#10 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, I wouldn't pay to see Rush every year.  I saw R30 and the Time Machine Tour.  Maybe if they do R40 I'll come out, but not before.

#11 Julie

Julie

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

We did not go to any California shows last go around, as we figured they'd swing by here on the second leg, like they usually do. Can't believe California and Vegas are off the table. Makes no financial sense!

#12 sir clinksalot

sir clinksalot

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

^ I'm with you Julie. I missed last years shows thinking that there'd be CA/Vegas dates this year. Agreed, doesn't make any sense.

- Gregg

For the latest Theme Park related news, check out my site: http://www.parkjourney.com/

#13 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

All I'll say is that if they come around 1x a year, I'll go see them. I like treating myself.

Rush isn't everything.... but damn, I like this band.

#14 dobegrrrl

dobegrrrl

• Peeps
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'll be going to the Denver show because it's a cheap weekend trip for me and I should be ready for a lil break by August, but I wish I were more excited about it. I know I'll have fun though and since we had to buy the tickets so early I should be over the financial and emotional sting of the ticket prices by August.

#15 DustoftheStars

DustoftheStars

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:50 AM

yeah...gone are the days of riding the mongoose over to great woods and tooling around the parking lot people-watching. 

btw, for anyone who likes to party in the lots, we have a new police chieffie as of about and hour and 10 minutes from now and the partyin' rules may be a-changing. talking about dogs, pkg lot cams, hell, even a 'watch tower' with radio notice to officers on the ground to direct them to drinkie and smokie fun spots. too much shit going down last few yrs.

I don't know, but it's been said: You do or don't and then you're dead
So climb away, get higher, son- never straight, just move ahead
Know, my child, that there is no devil seekin' to cause guilt in the hearts to men.
No evil, save blind faith, ignorance, and the desire for the unprepared to blame others for the devastation left in the wake of change.
Fear not the movement of the heavens above or the earth below for change is what we are, my child.
And if we are reflections of the divine we must roll with these changes, for we are these changes.  

3eebf325-0d00-4d61-8f78-ecc2e0d4f04a.jpg

#16 bill1971

bill1971

Advanced Member

• Peeps
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

I'm surprised no California the 2nd leg. I just assume every tour could be their last, so if I have a chance ill go.

#17 Slim

Slim

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:23 PM

I would go and see Rush every year for sure, like I used to when I was a teenager. Because I have to. I have to have the set, every UK tour from the first one in 1977.

#18 Moving Target

Moving Target

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,293 posts
  • LocationThe Duchy of Cornwall

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

I would go and see Rush every year for sure, like I used to when I was a teenager. Because I have to. I have to have the set, every UK tour from the first one in 1977.

Hmm, you talked about completing the Brit Troll set too, and getting every album.

What happens if you don't complete sets?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users