Photo

Was "Free Halloween CD from Buckethead", now "Holiday sale from Buckethead" $2 each CD

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

http://music.bucketheadpikes.com/ has Pikes #1-#90 on sale this weekend for only TWO BUCKS apiece!  

If you wish to buy any, you can check out the full album on youtube before buying (most are uploaded).

also reviews can be found here

http://bucketheadland.proboards.com/

• stoopid and chemistry1973 like this

#2 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

Very cool. Thanks for posting that. Never get tired of hearing his voluminous new releases!!

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#3 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:43 AM

Just listened to it. That was his weirdest CD yet. Not exactly sure what he was up to. One of the few that is unlistenable!!

It is true, that a little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism; but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

- Francis Bacon

#4 chemistry1973

chemistry1973

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:58 AM

It's perfect Halloween music. You would play this as people are walking up to your house for trick or treating.
  • Peter Griffin likes this

#5 ralph malph

ralph malph

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:59 AM

What is a buckethead? 

#6 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:19 AM

That was finger lickin' nasty. Actually, it has a nice beat and you can murder to it.

• stoopid and Peter Griffin like this

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#7 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Just listened to it. That was his weirdest CD yet. Not exactly sure what he was up to. One of the few that is unlistenable!!

Yes, not his most "musical" work, and is mainly banjo, but was free and basically a Halloween special. 

He has been releasing an insane amount of stuff lately.  A couple years ago he started the "Buckethead Pikes" series of releases, each with a number and a comic book themed cover.  These typically clock in at about 30 minutes, and they are guitar, bass, some synth, and all programmed drums (done by Dan Monti -- some realistic sounding drums, some electronic sounding as well).

Back in May he released #11 in the Pike series.  The latest Pumpkin release was #33.  That's 23 releases in a matter of about 6 months!

Admittedly, some of it is fairly weak and repetitive, while some of it is pure genius.  Some is heavy and technical, some of it is grungy and plodding, while some of it is mellow, acoustic, and ambient.  He really is an artist that just does his own thing and he lets the art flow like an open channel.  No apologies, no excuses, no remorse. 

http://bucketheadpikes.com/

• stoopid and GhostWriter like this

#8 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:22 AM

I intend to spend an upcoming summer taking an immersive course in Buckethead. This guy impresses me, and I want to hear his body of ork.
  • Peter Griffin likes this

Rogue-One-Death-Star-Installment.jpg

May The Force Be With Us...

#9 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

I intend to spend an upcoming summer taking an immersive course in Buckethead. This guy impresses me, and I want to hear his body of ork.

Good place to start is with Monsters and Robots, Giant Robot, and Bucketheadland.  Colma and Enter the Chicken are a couple worth trying after getting the 'classics' out of the way.

It would an interesting challenge to see if someone could start with his first official release and work through today.  Problem would be finding ALL of it.  Second issue - finding the time!  :P

I know there's a few BH fans on this forum.  Between some or all of us we might have most of his collection.

• grep and Peter Griffin like this
Putting the oOgEyMe back in Boogeymen.

#10 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:50 AM

Thanks.

#11 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

And just like that, two new releases from Buckethead, The Pit and Thank You Ohlinger's.  You can listen to clips of a few tracks, or if you click the "download" link you can listen to each album's first track in its entirety (both good examples of his current work).

#12 Bones

Bones

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:54 AM

Thanks for posting

Peter    ! :D

♪♪♪♪♪♪♪

#13 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:45 AM

Putting the oOgEyMe back in Boogeymen.

#14 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:12 PM

And just like that, two new releases from Buckethead, The Pit and Thank You Ohlinger's.  You can listen to clips of a few tracks, or if you click the "download" link you can listen to each album's first track in its entirety (both good examples of his current work).

I got both. A couple good tracks on The Pit and most of Thank You O is good; but don't in his heavier grungy metal style.

- Francis Bacon

#15 GhostWriter

GhostWriter

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

Good place to start is with Monsters and Robots, Giant Robot, and Bucketheadland.  Colma and Enter the Chicken are a couple worth trying after getting the 'classics' out of the way.

It would an interesting challenge to see if someone could start with his first official release and work through today.  Problem would be finding ALL of it.  Second issue - finding the time!  :P

I know there's a few BH fans on this forum.  Between some or all of us we might have most of his collection.

I've gone through almost all his CD's. (Favorites include Electric Tears, A Real Diamond in the Rough, Captain EO's Voyage, Shadows Between the Sky, Electric Sea, The Silent Picture Book, and the new Pearson's Square. There really is something good on almost every release). Kept the tracks I liked and discarded the one's I didn't. I tend towards his mellower releases and have over 100 tracks in my Buckethead collection. There is just no way to keep it all and enjoy it all equally. As PG mentioned, he truly is brilliant yet not all of his work is of equal merit. Still, there is enough there for any guitarist to really enjoy.

- Francis Bacon

#16 Three Eyes

Three Eyes

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,609 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

As I was listening to Jowls I wondered how it would come off live. Well here ya go... Cool experimental metal.

Why does he wear the mask? Horrible deep fryer accident at KFC? Unresolved issues with the Colonel?

Hey there goes Alex. He's loaded with money. Wow he's really set himself up great.

#17 grep

grep

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,589 posts
  • LocationNYC USA

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:48 PM

For a laugh, Google Ozzys comments about him.

#18 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

:)

As I was listening to Jowls I wondered how it would come off live. Well here ya go... Cool experimental metal.

Why does he wear the mask? Horrible deep fryer accident at KFC? Unresolved issues with the Colonel?

http://www.bucketheadland.com/story/

:)

#19 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:56 PM

For a laugh, Google Ozzys comments about him.

:Peanuts Joe Cool:

For more laughs, and some insight into Buckethead's persona, listen to this interview with Josh Freese.

#20 Peter Griffin

Peter Griffin

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Another free download (also available in signed edition and custom drawing on cover edition)

Twisterlend

Free download

• stoopid and GhostWriter like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users