#21 pjbear05

pjbear05

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • LocationOn the Train to Bangkok

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:45 AM

I'm really enjoying Founders Backwoods Bastard.  An exceptional Scotch Ale that has been twisted and aged in bourbon barrels.

Yay, Founder's in FL!

Total Wine now staring to stock down here-Porter, Brekafast Stout and All Day IPA, which is a great IPA  if you don't like hop bombs like DFH 60 minute or Bell's Two Hearted.

But Founder's really dropped a bomb at the Jupiter Fest in January, bringing a mini keg of coffee infused rum barrel aged porter.

Lots of folks-myself included-took the first sample, tasted it, and were iike "Damn, I gotta get some more of that!"  I must have downed 5 or 6 samples-well over 20 oz., and on top of the numerous samples from other brewers that fine day.

"Can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing, I ain't pretty, and my legs are thin.

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to."

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."

#22 Feverish Flux

Feverish Flux

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 03:07 AM

I've been hooked on Lagunitas brews, especially their Maximus IPA.  Just tried their DayTime.  Pretty decent but after a few I got that faint soapy aftertaste.

By the way, after all these years, I officially decided that IPAs are my favorite kind of beer.

"I know I don't know what I don't know."

My wife

#23 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,490 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 11 April 2014 - 05:31 PM

IPAs are my favorite kind of beer.

987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#24 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:32 PM

I'm very hit and miss with Sam Adams, and I'm not a huge fan of the standard Boston Lager.  I just tried their Cream Stout for the first time last night, pretty tasty.  I really liked their Cold Snap Seasonal Brew this past winter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users