134 replies to this topic

#121 Wandering Hermit

Wandering Hermit

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,757 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

Danny Carey never threw his sticks in the air or used any lame arm motions (I'm looking at you, Rikki Rockett and copy cats).

You mean like this guy?

39251518775_10b2b656ff_z.jpg

#122 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:30 AM

Sort of, but he's not doing that just to be cool, imo. He's obviously practiced that and it's kind of acrobatic. Plus, when a guy is playing drums with flames on them while wearing a gold, sparkly jacket, it's kind of expected. 

They said I could be anything, so I became a disappointment.

#123 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 27 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

You mean like this guy?

lol

He's actually a good drummer, because he does all that extra shit and doesn't miss a beat or hit anything with excessive force.

Putting the oOgEyMe back in Boogeymen.

#124 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:34 AM

The drummer about 4:40 just nails it. Not bad for school kids.

#125 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:37 AM

The drummer about 4:40 just nails it. Not bad for school kids.

Dude, that's just so October 2013!  [and post 5 of this thread!   :rolleyes: ]

http://rushmessagebo...thread/?p=26224

#126 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:57 AM

Dude, that's just so October 2013!  [and post 5 of this thread!   :rolleyes: ]

http://rushmessageboard.com/index.php?/topic/1046-the-tool-thread/?p=26224

How am I supposed to remember almost a year ago? Butt seriously, I don't think I saw that because I think I would have definitely remembered it. But to make up for the redundancy here's this (it may be redundant too but it's the real deal)

#127 stoopid

stoopid

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

This. Is. Awesome.

Redundant as in "kick ass live version of the same track is on page 4" ?   :D

#128 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:27 AM

Redundant as in "kick ass live version of the same track is on page 4" ?   :D

Yes. That kind of redundant. There cannot be too much Tool, imo.

#129 Pariah Dawg

Pariah Dawg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,555 posts
  • LocationCalmer than you are

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:39 AM

I don't know if it's been mentioned but Danny Carey will be playing a handful of September dates with Primus.

He's filling in for Tim "Herb" Alexander, who's recovering from heart surgery.

Must hear third line.
987655260thumbjerryplayph8.gif
MAKE AMERICA GRATEFUL AGAIN

#130 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:47 AM

I don't know if it's been mentioned but Danny Carey will be playing a handful of September dates with Primus.

He's filling in for Tim "Herb" Alexander, who's recovering from heart surgery.

Must hear third line.

Meh. It will still have the overpowering bass guitar and questionable "singing".

#131 Greg

Greg

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 29 May 2018 - 01:24 AM

Here you go, boys and girls.  The new Tool album is just about finished.  Here's the 10 minute update which just says that's done.  It's amusing, kind of, so if you're a fan, you might like it.  They seem to be very proud of the new record...my fingers are crossed.

#132 MrSkeptic

MrSkeptic

Advanced Member

• Hat Award Winner
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • LocationNorthwesterly

Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:35 AM

Sounds promising but I'm not going to believe it until I see it. This could be the biggest prank ever pulled, that would result in riots.

#133 Huge Ackman

Huge Ackman

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  • LocationDetroit, ROCK City

Posted 29 May 2018 - 06:07 PM

Did anybody go to the recent Tool (minus Maynard) music symposium? They performed (or INformed) here in Detroit but tickets were prohibitively expensive so I did not go.  $500 general admission just was not in my budget but I'm really curious to hear how the evening was... Anyone?

https://pitchfork.co...gs-on-new-tour/

• Staff Writer
APRIL 9 2018
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Openshare drawer
Tool Will Teach You How to Play Their Songs on New Tour  

The music clinics will also feature Q&As and a “traveling exhibit of unique memorabilia”

Tool%E2%80%99s%20Justin%20Chancellor.png
Tool photo by Steven Ferdman/Getty Images

Tool have announced a music clinic tour. Guitarist Adam Jones, drummer Danny Carey, and bass player Justin Chancellor are set to embark on a six-city jaunt beginning May 11 at the Myth Live Event Center in Saint Paul, Minnesota. (Maynard James Keenan is the only absent member.) The three will hold an “intimate discussion of the inner workings of the band’s music,” going over the writing process and how the band performs their songs live. The sessions will culminate in an open Q&A session, as well as a meet 'n' greet. Tool are also bringing along a “traveling exhibit of unique memorabilia” for fans to view.

In Februrary, Keenan opened up about the band’s progress towards the completion of their next album. “Words & Melodies 100% DONE on all but 1. Someday we’ll track them. Long way from the finish line, but at least we’re closer,” he wrote on Twitter. Tool’s last full-length 10,000 Days was released back in 2006. Justin Chancellor is set to appear on Death Grips’ new album, Year of the Snitch.

Tool.jpg

20b17b4b-a49a-4567-bd13-f55bbbaf7850.jpg

#134 scott14

scott14

Advanced Member

• Peeps*
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 04 June 2018 - 04:23 PM

I've heard on official channels that Danny Carey had completed drum tracking with Joe Barresi a couple of months ago.

Loving the new A Perfect Circle album, Eat The Elephant, a really pretty set of songs, mellow, but so well written and performed.  Possibly Keenan's best melodic vocal work to date.  Lyrically, a condemnation of our current political climate, so thoughtfully, insightfully, and poetically composed, but subjective enough that the songs can carry various meanings.  Talk Talk and Delicious are the standout tracks for me.  The album's an earworm that takes a half dozen listens to start to fully realize.

#135 Casey

Casey

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 August 2018 - 01:57 AM

Did anybody go to the recent Tool (minus Maynard) music symposium? They performed (or INformed) here in Detroit but tickets were prohibitively expensive so I did not go.  $500 general admission just was not in my budget but I'm really curious to hear how the evening was... Anyone?

https://pitchfork.co...gs-on-new-tour/

• Staff Writer
APRIL 9 2018
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Openshare drawer
Tool Will Teach You How to Play Their Songs on New Tour  

The music clinics will also feature Q&As and a “traveling exhibit of unique memorabilia”

Tool%E2%80%99s%20Justin%20Chancellor.png
Tool photo by Steven Ferdman/Getty Images

Tool have announced a music clinic tour. Guitarist Adam Jones, drummer Danny Carey, and bass player Justin Chancellor are set to embark on a six-city jaunt beginning May 11 at the Myth Live Event Center in Saint Paul, Minnesota. (Maynard James Keenan is the only absent member.) The three will hold an “intimate discussion of the inner workings of the band’s music,” going over the writing process and how the band performs their songs live. The sessions will culminate in an open Q&A session, as well as a meet 'n' greet. Tool are also bringing along a “traveling exhibit of unique memorabilia” for fans to view.

In Februrary, Keenan opened up about the band’s progress towards the completion of their next album. “Words & Melodies 100% DONE on all but 1. Someday we’ll track them. Long way from the finish line, but at least we’re closer,” he wrote on Twitter. Tool’s last full-length 10,000 Days was released back in 2006. Justin Chancellor is set to appear on Death Grips’ new album, Year of the Snitch.

Tool.jpg

I wish they would bring that out here to the Left coast. I'd go for sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users